EFL appeal

Sith Happens

EFL couldn't deduct points now, and I doubt they would even if we lose the appeal. I suspect they'll fine us and make us re-submit the accounts using straight line amortisation. It'll then be a case of a points deduction for next season if we then fail the next round of P&S.

Unfortunately, there is still a way we could get relegated even without a points deduction; if Shef Wed somehow found a way to overturn theirs. It's hugely unlikely and actually almost impossible in the necessary time frame, but if I were their owner, I'd have my lawyers looking at it right now.

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

Well this has put a right downer on things. Sheff could over turn their points deduction and we could land our self in one if the appeal is successful 

I really don't think they actually could, but it is a very remote theoretical possibility. Of course we'd then appeal...which would be another amusing episode. 

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Well this has put a right downer on things. Sheff could over turn their points deduction and we could land our self in one if the appeal is successful 

No it hasn't.

They've had all season to overturn a points deduction, and were partly successful having it reduced to 6.

Their deduction is fully finalised and incontestable.

Our appeal is for a relatively minor offense, no way could the EFL deduct points even if successful.

Rumour has it that the EFL have just charged us with bringing the game into disrepute for allowing the players to celebrate with the fans. Possible punishment is to relegate us forthwith. 

Just kidding but wouldn't it just be our luck after dodging a bullet. 

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Rumour has it that the EFL have just charged us with bringing the game into disrepute for allowing the players to celebrate with the fans. Possible punishment is to relegate us forthwith. 

Just kidding but wouldn't it just be our luck after dodging a bullet. 

You really had us all going then ?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

We need this appeal to be resolved asap, didnt the hearing take place a couple of months ago, surely a decision will be made sooon

I can think of no good reason why the decision on a very limited aspect of the original charges should have been delayed this long.  I take comfort from the obvious joy shown by Mel at the end of the game

59 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I can think of no good reason why the decision on a very limited aspect of the original charges should have been delayed this long.  I take comfort from the obvious joy shown by Mel at the end of the game

Why has it taken so long? The only reason I can think of is that the panel has found the issues more difficult that our fans think it is 

Done some digging on the EFL website. Unless I am completely mistaken (very possible). I think we are safe 

12.3  Subject to the provisions of Regulation 12.4 below, where the Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction in accordance with Regulation 12.2:

12.3.1  during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

12.3.2  during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.4 shall apply; and

12.3.3  outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 12 points (including in the National League if appropriate).

12.4  Where the circumstances set out in Regulation 12.3.2 apply and at the end of that Season, having regard to the number of championship points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):

12.4.1  the Club would be relegated in accordance with Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season (including in the National League if appropriate); or

12.4.2  the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Season and Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7 will then apply (if appropriate) following imposition of the points deduction.

According to Alan Nixon in today Sun quotes the following Sunsports understands an independent disciplinary appeals is ready to come down in favour of EFL who have refused to accept defeat in the cash row. The charges were dismissed by first independent disciplinary commission in August 2020, but with several clubs angered by the outcome the EFL appealed. Top sources claim the decision had already been taken but was kept secret as Derby fought for championship survival. It then goes on to say that Mel Morris club could be hit with a points deduction next season that runs into double figures. Similar to Sheffield Wednesday this season. 

13 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

According to Alan Nixon in today Sun quotes the following Sunsports understands an independent disciplinary appeals is ready to come down in favour of EFL who have refused to accept defeat in the cash row. The charges were dismissed by first independent disciplinary commission in August 2020, but with several clubs angered by the outcome the EFL appealed. Top sources claim the decision had already been taken but was kept secret as Derby fought for championship survival. It then goes on to say that Mel Morris club could be hit with a points deduction next season that runs into double figures. Similar to Sheffield Wednesday this season. 

They were only appealing the lesser of the charges they initially accused us of so really don't see this.