EFL appeal

Sith Happens

49 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You'd like to think that in the aftermath of Covid, lockdowns and every football related nightmare we've endured this last year, that fans being overjoyed at surviving the threat of relegation might be something we're allowed to enjoy without self-righteous criticism from some quarters. Its only one or two though so perhaps best ignored. ?‍♂️

You say that but Gibson is partly being proven right when complaining about us and Wednesday, Wednesday are now able to begin their recovery whilst we are still waiting for the punishment. We will most likely start next season on -12 and IMO that will see us off.

3 hours ago, sage said:

They were only appealing the lesser of the charges they initially accused us of so really don't see this.

Iirc, if we had used a standard amortisation policy, we would have only failed the 3 years to 2018 by about £2.5m.. that's equivalent to something like 4 points.

Still, I find it extremely unlikely based on the evidence from the original hearing.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well I was jumping around like a ducking loon yesterday and if fans or players celebrating us staying up is such a massive embarrassment for you, then I'm delighted by your discomfort.  

COR

So was I ??

just one more point - have you thought that staying up also means a lot of jobs (support staff etc ) may have just been saved??

but there should be no celebrating according to sheikh n bake apparently ?

Just now, EdinRam said:

You say that but Gibson is partly being proven right when complaining about us and Wednesday, Wednesday are now able to begin their recovery whilst we are still waiting for the punishment. We will most likely start next season on -12 and IMO that will see us off.

Why is Gibson partly proved right ( he has done questionable things in the past to evade FFP selling clubs debts to his haulage company ). Derby were within the rules. Wednesday would have been if they had put the sale in the correct accounts. 
What the EFL are appealing the punishment will be a fine at most if they win which going on the mess they made 1st time round they won’t ( not allowed to present new evidence ). 

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Why is Gibson partly proved right ( he has done questionable things in the past to evade FFP selling clubs debts to his haulage company ). Derby were within the rules. Wednesday would have been if they had put the sale in the correct accounts. 
What the EFL are appealing the punishment will be a fine at most if they win which going on the mess they made 1st time round they won’t ( not allowed to present new evidence ). 

Fine at most are you sure? They can most definitely take 12 points from us if the appeal sides with the EFL

1 minute ago, EdinRam said:

Fine at most are you sure? They can most definitely take 12 points from us if the appeal sides with the EFL

Yes i am sure plenty of info at the time. Show the rules that state they can take 12 points off for this For a new poster you seem to have a lot of negativity can’t help wondering if you are a WUM 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You'd like to think that in the aftermath of Covid, lockdowns and every football related nightmare we've endured this last year, that fans being overjoyed at surviving the threat of relegation might be something we're allowed to enjoy without self-righteous criticism from some quarters. Its only one or two though so perhaps best ignored. ?‍♂️

F them all. We can celebrate if we want to. We are DCFC.

i was delighted and relieved,.

i for one will celebrate MAO if and when Rooney & Cohorts discontinue their association with our club

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Iirc, if we had used a standard amortisation policy, we would have only failed the 3 years to 2018 by about £2.5m.. that's equivalent to something like 4 points.

Still, I find it extremely unlikely based on the evidence from the original hearing.

I am sure they said on SKY the appeal related to the lesser charge and a points deduction would be very unlikely.....if they win the appeal hope it will be just a fine...a small one....

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Yes i am sure plenty of info at the time. Show the rules that state they can take 12 points off for this For a new poster you seem to have a lot of negativity can’t help wondering if you are a WUM 

He is a WUM. He was called out on his nonsense on the 'Too Big to go down' thread...reckoned QPR are bigger than us ?

Time to disappear back to your home forum @EdinRam ?

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am sure they said on SKY the appeal related to the lesser charge and a points deduction would be very unlikely.....if they win the appeal hope it will be just a fine...a small one....

Since were skint perhaps we could offer them a player in exchange  ?

13 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

What is there to be positive about? I can't be the only one who isn't blind to what mel has done to this football club? 

1 minute ago, TomG said:

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I find it hard to believe that the EFL will overturn their original decision as it will make them look even bigger 'Bamfords' than we know they are already!

In fairness it wasn't their decision, it's an independent panel. But I agree they are bamfords. 

8 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

He is a WUM. He was called out on his nonsense on the 'Too Big to go down' thread...reckoned QPR are bigger than us ?

Time to disappear back to your home forum @EdinRam ?

What other Derby forum shall I go to?

26 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

Lol. Even -120 points won't see us off! We are the Derby, the Mighty, Mighty Derby.

1 minute ago, EdinRam said:

What other Derby forum shall I go to?

Marching on Together. They love talking about Derby ?

Your posting record so far is;

A thread saying we arent a big club in this division & hence aren't too big to go down. And that Watford and QPR are 'bigger' clubs than us

We shouldn't celebrate surviving yesterday as thats tinpot

We have broken FFP rules & should expect to get a points deduction 

You reek of an oppo fan. Got anything nice to say about Derby County?

Edited by LeedsCityRam

I cannot see how the original tribunal could have deemed to have got it so wrong.

If suddenly were going from having not even a fine imposed against us to now on appeal people taking about fines and 'large' points deductions 

What's changed so drastically ? 

New evidence ? New witnesses ?, Rule changes ? If so surely there should be a complete NEW tribunal hearing starting at beginning not an appeal of a decision already reached. 

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Marching on Together. They love talking about Derby ?

Your posting record so far is;

A thread saying we arent a big club in this division & hence aren't too big to go down. And that Watford and QPR are 'bigger' clubs than us

We shouldn't celebrate surviving yesterday as thats tinpot

We have broken FFP rules & should expect get a points deduction 

You reek of an oppo fan. Got anything nice to say about Derby County?

I’ve popped them on ignore