EFL appeal

Sith Happens

19 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

According to Alan Nixon in today Sun quotes the following Sunsports understands an independent disciplinary appeals is ready to come down in favour of EFL who have refused to accept defeat in the cash row. The charges were dismissed by first independent disciplinary commission in August 2020, but with several clubs angered by the outcome the EFL appealed. Top sources claim the decision had already been taken but was kept secret as Derby fought for championship survival. It then goes on to say that Mel Morris club could be hit with a points deduction next season that runs into double figures. Similar to Sheffield Wednesday this season. 

There is so much about this that doesn't pass the sniff test, the big ones being Alan Nixon's name being attached, and the notion that a decision could already be made but 'kept secret'. 

Edit: Also, they were only appealing the lesser charge, which doesn't have precedent for a large points deduction to my understanding. 

Edited by Albert
Added line

Seems unlikely, if we do get a points deduction aren't the EFL effectively advertising again their own incompetency? This has been ongoing now for 18 months. Its been put to bed once, and yet the appeal has taken months and months with no resolution yet.

Put it this way if we do get points deducted for next season, if i am in charge of Rotherham then i will  be taking legal action against the EFL for allowing it to go on so long.

Just don’t see how unless new info has come to light and the charge has changed. Or whether re- filing the accounts will still put us in the clear for the rolling period ending 17/18 season but we’ve breached period ending 18/19 season 

And even if we did, we’ll probably appeal and get any deduction halved as Wednesday did.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just don’t see how unless new info has come to light and the charge has changed. Or whether re- filing the accounts will still put us in the clear for the rolling period ending 17/18 season but we’ve breached period ending 18/19 season 

And even if we did, we’ll probably appeal and get any deduction halved as Wednesday did.

i dont think new evidence was allowed 

18 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

Seems unlikely, if we do get a points deduction aren't the EFL effectively advertising again their own incompetency? This has been ongoing now for 18 months. Its been put to bed once, and yet the appeal has taken months and months with no resolution yet.

Put it this way if we do get points deducted for next season, if i am in charge of Rotherham then i will  be taking legal action against the EFL for allowing it to go on so long.

What would Wycombe have points deducted for to enable Rotherham to stay up?

Let's just hope it's just a  journalist like Nixon trying to stir trouble by printing this story and nothing comes of it, next seasons going to be hard enough with the shambolic situation were in without a points deduction. 

24 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I really hope your right sage but you know what the EFL are like. 

Also hope sage is right. But underlying the lesser charge was an insinuation that our accounts were deliberately misleading. If accepted by the panel that is v bad 

Mods: why is this not on the EFL appeal thread?

For clarification this is what the appeal is about.

In a statement, the EFL said: "The EFL Board has determined that the League will appeal against the outcome of an independent Disciplinary Commission in respect of misconduct charges brought against Derby County.

“The appeal is specific to the second charge only, which considered the Club's policy regarding the amortisation of intangible assets."

9 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Sounds like karma for those players celebrating being the 22nd best footballing side in the division. Embarrassing.

It was an outpouring of relief by both players and fans alike. Did you see all the fans outside the ground? You embarrassed by them as well? 

With the past 12 months and no fans allowed in the ground maybe it was an opportunity for the players to give the fans a thank you and a bit of reconnection.

People moan when there’s no communication/interaction from the club and people moan when there is....sometimes you just can’t win