EFL appeal

Sith Happens

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

This appeal is part of the old stuff under Mel's tenure we need to just get over and move on from. Sick of all this stuff and the Keogh case hanging over us. If they deduct points so be it. If we know at the start of next season then we know what we have to overcome. Better than finding out midway through. If I was the new owner first thing I would do is contact the efl (incompetent as it is) and Keogh's lawyers and just wipe the slate, come to an agreement and settle everything. Its all of this that has made us unpopular as a club and the club unpopular with us. It has overshadowed us for too long - enough. 

I thought the Keogh thing was done? Ruled in his favour?

1 hour ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Sounds like karma for those players celebrating being the 22nd best footballing side in the division. Embarrassing.

51 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Embarrassed by the adults in there yes. Most of them were kids though. 

Well I was jumping around like a ducking loon yesterday and if fans or players celebrating us staying up is such a massive embarrassment for you, then I'm delighted by your discomfort.  

COR

1 hour ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Sounds like karma for those players celebrating being the 22nd best footballing side in the division. Embarrassing.

They were celebrating achieving their goal of staying up. For all we fans think it should have been easy for them, when you heard the manager/players comments it obviously wasn't. They showed they cared and that matters.

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well I was jumping around like a ducking loon yesterday and if fans or players celebrating us staying up is such a massive embarrassment for you, then I'm delighted by your discomfort.  

COR

We obviously have a very different set of standards. Some higher than others.

49 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Radio Derby slipped up yesterday by referencing this. Very quickly moved onto a another subject.

For those who haven't seen the aggrieved Paul Warne interview take a look here.

Maybe his beef with Derby is the Rooney-Chairman spat.

But I agree the EFL appeal needs resolving and fast.

As an aside: player/fan celebrations is an aside to this thread and should be discussed in a separate topic.

12 points I would imagine, reduced to 6, if Sheff Weds are anything to go by.

It was a forgone conclusion that the EFL didn't have a leg to stand on and any thoughts of a points deduction were laughable.  The panel said that the amortisation accounting policy we adopted wasnt against any rules and is used by premier league clubs, the only issue was that we didnt make it clear.

Only way we got done is if the EFL literally make up their own rules or sanctions. Which, when you see they used a different deadline for the submission of accounts compared to the actual governments deadline for companies, it is very very possible.

This will just keep rumbling on and on.

I don’t understand this? The only charge they’ve appealed is the amortisation of players right? Which as long as we’ve taken the on paper hit when they depart as we have been doing I don’t see how they have a leg to stand on. Wednesday had the deduction due to ‘fraud’ aka lying about the year of the sale right??? 

18 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Maybe his beef with Derby is the Rooney-Chairman spat.

But I agree the EFL appeal needs resolving and fast.

As an aside: player/fan celebrations is an aside to this thread and should be discussed in a separate topic.

I strongly suspect people within the game have been going round telling each other Derby a. cheated the rules and b. the first panel got it wrong and the appeal will get it right. Probably the EFL not making any effort to discourage that attitude.

So the Rotherham manager is upset because he probably genuinly believes Derby will be docked points and should have been docked points this season. If you believed those things because you are being told them, you'd be upset.

However, this knowledge is probably not based on the actual findings of the appeal.

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Im not quite sure I understand this hate for fans and players celebrating yesterday. Did everybody just expect them to shake hands and walk off? Mediocrity shouldn’t be celebrated, but it’s pure relief that we can finally put this season to bed.

It’s exactly this. It’s pure relief and emotion spilling out. We’d be hammering the players for not caring if they just snuck off after the match. 

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Im not quite sure I understand this hate for fans and players celebrating yesterday. Did everybody just expect them to shake hands and walk off? Mediocrity shouldn’t be celebrated, but it’s pure relief that we can finally put this season to bed.

I believe you just answered your own question and I don't think it was intentional either.