EFL appeal

Sith Happens

Just now, Rab a dab doo said:

I cannot see how the original tribunal could have deemed to have got it so wrong.

If suddenly were going from having not even a fine imposed against us to now on appeal people taking about fines and 'large' points deductions 

What's changed so drastically ? 

New evidence ? New witnesses ?, Rule changes ? If so surely there should be a complete NEW tribunal hearing starting at beginning not an appeal of a decision already reached. 

No new evidence is allowed from either party 

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not answered the question about the points loss or why Gibson is right. Still think you are a WUM 

When Gibson brought up ours and wednesdays misdeeds I thought he was full of it and still is on the most part but we overspent and that is cheating. We will receive a points deduction IMO and that will also prove him partly correct. All I have for mel is anger and I want him gone. I am most definitely not a WUM I'm just a very concerned Derby fan and the whole affair gives me massive anxiety.

5 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

When Gibson brought up ours and wednesdays misdeeds I thought he was full of it and still is on the most part but we overspent and that is cheating. We will receive a points deduction IMO and that will also prove him partly correct. All I have for mel is anger and I want him gone. I am most definitely not a WUM I'm just a very concerned Derby fan and the whole affair gives me massive anxiety.

Bye bye Wum 

8 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

What a measured response.

I’ll give you one last response. Derby have not as far failed FFP so no they haven’t over spent in FFP terms. Middlesborough would have done if they hadn’t sold the club debts to Gibsons own haulage company. That should count as cheating in your eyes as well , as it happens it was not against the rules at the time ( the tax man might have a different view on that still ) . If Gibson is your idea of a clean and virtuous owner as you seem to reference his opinion a lot then my opinion of you as a wum stands 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Altering predictive text error

I refuse to believe the words of a newspaper journalist who’s ‘job’ is to sell stories no matter how little truth in them.

The issue here isn’t whether or not it’s acceptable to amortise players like we have. The issue is the EFL signed off that it was fine for us to use this method and then backtracked saying they’d made a ‘mistake’.

It’s like buying a TV and having an agreement saying you can pay for it over 12 months and then being told actually sorry we made a mistake you needed to pay upfront so now we’re going to have you done for theft. That’s how ridiculous this is.

Derby have no issue in changing their policy, but their argument is that they shouldn’t be fined/deducted points if they do so because they have written proof from the EFL allowing them to use that policy.

Also the EFL are not dragging this out, it’s an independent panel who make the decision and the announcement will go to both parties. So if the EFL are delaying any announcement then so are Derby. 

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’ll give you one last response. Derby have not as far failed FFP so no they haven’t over spent in FFP terms. Middlesborough would have done if they hadn’t sold the club debts to Gibsons own haulage company. That should count as cheating in your eyes as well , as it happens it want against the rules at the time ( the tax man might have a different view on that still ) . If Gibson is your idea of a clean and virtuous owner as you seem to reference his opinion a lot then my opinion of you as a wum stands 

Don't get me wrong that is cheating yes and they should be dragged over the coals aswell but whether is Wednesday or boro or whoever I'm just interested in what we do. The thing that still bothers me is that we are still yet to be punished and I think it's coming for next season. I hold mel responsible for being irresponsible. I want nothing more than for the whole thing to be dropped and we can move on under new ownership, coaches and playing staff.

1 minute ago, EdinRam said:

Don't get me wrong that is cheating yes and they should be dragged over the coals aswell but whether is Wednesday or boro or whoever I'm just interested in what we do. The thing that still bothers me is that we are still yet to be punished and I think it's coming for next season. I hold mel responsible for being irresponsible. I want nothing more than for the whole thing to be dropped and we can move on under new ownership, coaches and playing staff.

How was Mel irresponsible? They wrote to the EFL telling them what they were doing and the EFL signed it off then changed their minds.

It’s the EFL that are irresponsible and aren’t fit for purpose.

I understand fans frustrations at Mel but calling him irresponsible for the EFL backtracking is ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

But we were found not guilty weren’t we...

9 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

Don't get me wrong that is cheating yes and they should be dragged over the coals as well

You appear to have your comprehension of words somewhat askew. Neither we nor Boro nor Wendies cheated with selling the assets we did. If you want to state it's morally wrong fair enough. But fines and points deductions aren't awarded for that.

That is what you need to understand. You may not like it but it broke no rules.

39 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

F them all. We can celebrate if we want to. We are DCFC.

i was delighted and relieved,.

i for one will celebrate MAO if and when Rooney & Cohorts discontinue their association with our club

Yeah, I mean if we can't celebrate that then the game's up. To salvage the season from a losing position twice in the same game... Well you've gotta love that really.

As for Wazza, well I've had plenty to say on that side of things recently so for me, this weekend is about happy thoughts. I remain far from convinced, it's fair to say, but hopefully the powers that be can crack on with the rebuilding process as it feels like we've been in some form of catatonic state for months now and that simply must be addressed.  

As for the EFL, what a feckless bunch of bankers. In what way do they serve to protect and nurture their member clubs. Their grip becomes more tenuous by the minute and I suspect this appeal has more to do with placating the Gibson that is Gibson and that twit at Barnsley than any real belief that any charges will stand. High time they were kicked into touch I reckon.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You appear to have your comprehension of words somewhat askew. Neither we nor Boro nor Wendies cheated with selling the assets we did. If you want to state it's morally wrong fair enough. But fines and points deductions aren't awarded for that.

That is what you need to understand. You may not like it but it broke no rules.

Not strictly true - Wednesday cheated by reportedly putting the sale into another years accounts to circumvent FFP. It’s why I’m amazed that they managed to get their 12 point penalty reduced….

3 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

What I don't get about this charge is surely there's got to be an element of 'time served' due to the amount of embargoes etc. 

The embargoes and general instability has arguably cost us over 6pts anyway. 

I agree with that,  I'm sure the witch hunt has cost us points over the last 18 months. 

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Not strictly true - Wednesday cheated by reportedly putting the sale into another years accounts to circumvent FFP. It’s why I’m amazed that they managed to get their 12 point penalty reduced….

I said they didn't get points deducted for 'selling their asset'. I did not actually say what their points deduction was for. ?

39 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

You want us punished for sticking to the rules, and when unsure about the rules to ask the EFL for guidance?

All the club has been guilty of as far is not accurately stating the amortisation policy to the suitable financial standard. That is in no way cheating and should only mean a fine (covering all costs?) as a worst case scenario.

1 hour ago, EdinRam said:

You say that but Gibson is partly being proven right when complaining about us and Wednesday, Wednesday are now able to begin their recovery whilst we are still waiting for the punishment. We will most likely start next season on -12 and IMO that will see us off.

But in context, he is no perfect follower of the rules and lets face it we have lost 2 playoff finals in 8? years to teams which breached FFP.