EFL appeal

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not the case bud. The deadline for any points deduction this season has long since elapsed, so were a points deduction even a possible outcome, it'd have to be next season and not this one.

Furthermore, the crux of the EFL case seems to be that we failed inform them of our amortisation processes, not that there was an issue with them (our methodology has already been confirmed to be both fair and legal) and in so much, a points deduction wouldn't really be an option for either season anyway.

I really think this has been done to absolute death over recent weeks, so maybe we should just move on now? We've currently got bigger fish to fry.

Just to add, the appeal is only against the outcome of the hearing. Simply, did the panel reach the correct decision based on the evidence provided. No new evidence could be submitted.

Reports earlier in the season suggested the EFL don't even know their own rules and wished to submit new evidence ?‍♂️ If that was the basis of their appeal, then I can't wait to see the new decision document. The last one had me giggling for weeks.

I've heard that the EFL are working on changing the rules if we stay up (we will!) and there will be automatic points deduction based on arrangement of letters in a clubs name. Any club whose letters are arranged D - E - R - B - Y will get a 24 points deduction! This season too! #youhearditherefirst

19 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Yes. If we aren't relegated at the end of the season, then any potential deduction would apply this season (regardless of the size off the deduction).  "Normal Playing Season" is only up until the final league game though (not including playoffs etc), so they would have to award the deduction before the final game.  I have no idea how any potential appeals (if they are permitted) would affect that though.

Just to point out Sheff Wednesday's verdict was reached last season, but the penalty only awarded to this season.

The reason for this was given in the decision document. For consistency, any points penalty has to be next season

SmartSelect_20210429-094423_Drive.thumb.jpg.cdd2633a7995b39e8bf1cd65b3b76c9c.jpg

26 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but a points deduction is still very much possible and I'll discuss what I want regardless of how much it has been discussed over recent weeks - that is the point of the forum. Until the EFL verdict is finalised you are going to have to live with the consequences being discussed on here.

?

There's a dedicated thread for this stuff, as you well know and even by your own admission, no points deduction of any relevance at all will be applied this season anyway! 

This has been covered off ad nauseum so I'm not sure why you're so offended when folk point that out that fact. 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've heard that the EFL are working on changing the rules if we stay up (we will!) and there will be automatic points deduction based on arrangement of letters in a clubs name. Any club whose letters are arranged D - E - R - B - Y will get a 24 points deduction! This season too! #youhearditherefirst

Heard the EFL are changing the title for Financial Fair Play to LTIOODES     .Let take it out on Derby every season .

Edited by Curtains

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don’t give the idiots any ideas ??

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just to add, the appeal is only against the outcome of the hearing. Simply, did the panel reach the correct decision based on the evidence provided. No new evidence could be submitted.

Reports earlier in the season suggested the EFL don't even know their own rules and wished to submit new evidence ?‍♂️ If that was the basis of their appeal, then I can't wait to see the new decision document. The last one had me giggling for weeks.

It was exactly the same the first time around. People were told repeatedly that there was no case to answer and yet still they tried to rise every ounce of melodrama from the situation.

This appeal is even more spurious than the original charge but that hasn't prevented a repeat dose. All that's missing is another 20 page debate on amortisation policies ?‍♂️ 

52 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Where is all this point deduction stuff coming from. 

No chance of a points deduction 

It's a bit like "Fight Club". At first, we appear to be fighting others, but in the end we see that we are really just beating ourselves up.

12 minutes ago, Oldben said:

While a fine is the most plausible outcome, the Daily Mail claim there is still the possibility of a points deduction with Derby vowing to rigorously resist the EFL appeal.

The Daily Fail at the forefront of truthful reporting...

Sheffield Wednesday were first charged by the EFL in November 2019 after the league found that the club had breached the £39 million permitted losses set out in the profitability and sustainability regulations.

https://theathletic.com/news/sheffield-wednesday-point-deduction-why/RQQWPE5H9k6N

Are there similarities between Derby and Sheffield wednesday?

Edited by ThePrisoner
Please don’t post full articles as per the rules.

FFS!! We are not getting a points deduction.

Anyone who says we are is just a blind pessimist who is ignoring what many have said in the media, that at worst we’ll probably get a fine, and choosing to believe the Mail who have been wrong about everything to do with this so far.

duck me can we get some form back and have a good season next year because the lunatic pessimists are running the asylum

Are we still in a transfer embargo for failing to submit the accounts? At the time it seemed irrelevant because of the window, but the summer is almost here now...not that we appear to have any money to sign anyone at present, but it would be nice to know we could do something if Mel found a spare £50 in an old suit jacket.