EFL appeal

Sith Happens

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"More specifically, the panel determined that the Club’s policy was not in accordance with accounting standard FRS102 because it failed to accurately reflect the manner in which the Club takes the benefit of player registrations over the lifetime of a player’s contract."

I think this is in relation to particular 4, where the Disciplinary Commision stated unreliability in predicting future values isn't against FRS 102. Interesting.

Yes especially as says no accountant on the appeals panel only lawyers

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

What an absolute travesty that the EFL thought fit to leak the news to everyone other than the fans first before announcing this.

Its good to see that they have learned that the fans are so important to the game after the ESL debacle. 

I am not claiming total innocence but it is hardly a surprise that fans of other Championship clubs (+ Leeds) are happy to keep on peddling the line that we are cheating the system when the EFL leak news that allows articles such as those yesterday to be released.

So reading the Statement, Gibson’s grassing could have actually kept us up this season? Delaying any possible sanctions including potential points deductions until next season. 

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

certainly the EFL wording is more strident than the club's.  it would be helpful to know which of the 5 subcharges in charge 2 have been upheld.  I think they are asked to consider the penalty now Pope's views have been successfully appealed

Death by a 1000 cuts

Well we know the EFL didn't appeal the 5th particular, and the 1st was withdrawn during the first hearing.

2. Straight line basis - wording doesn't suggest this was appealed

3. Anticipating a sale of value during the contract - maybe this one but I don't think so

4. Reliability of predicting values - this is the only one I think it's about (also the only one I could see overturned on appeal)

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Worst punishment would be a transfer embargo. 

If we have to take the existing squad less loanees and out of contract players into next season they might as well deduct twenty points. 

Yeah this could be very very bad, less academy graduates and well, I’m pretty sure we can’t put an 11 out

That club statement is cleverly worded to imply Derby have only committed a small crime.

In a nutshell then:

Morris and Pearce have ducked up.

A points deduction and transfer embargo will possibly result in Rooney leaving and us going the way of Sheffield Wednesday.

Boot Alonso into touch and look for a credible buyer ASAP.

oh, and Steve Gibson can do one. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Worst punishment would be a transfer embargo. 

If we have to take the existing squad less loanees and out of contract players into next season they might as well deduct twenty points. 

A transfer embargo only comes in if we aren't currently compliant. If we're forced to restate historical figures (changing to a commonly used amortisation policy), then we suddenly come into a healthier P&S position now.

No embargo.

Ironically, if the DC rule in our favour, then we could go under an embargo given how close to the limit we look to be  ?