EFL appeal

Sith Happens

12 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Sky saying the punishment likely to be points deduction and transfer embargo. Surely can’t be both as no other clubs have had this. Surely it has to be either fine, points deduction or embargo 

If that’s true they might aswell relegate us now, if we can’t sign players we are truly ducked 

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

There is a worrying trend in modern society to convict by media before being proven guilty. The media have whipped up almost a baying mob it seems.

Unfortunately this happens with everyone and everything now - innocent until proven guilty has gone by the wayside to social media and 24 hour news. Everything I have read seems to really be a rehash of the Daily Mail article with nothing new. Slow football news week and the problem Mel has is that when you raise your and the club's profile with the celeb type stuff, then people then want nothing more than to take you down. He is reaping what he sowed unfortunately. Main reason I dont want Elonso to buy club (but many others) as will just be more of the same. I just want our Derby back. Only thing giving me hope this week is the feel good story around Bolton rebuilding from the depths of despair

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Unfortunately this happens with everyone and everything now - innocent until proven guilty has gone by the wayside to social media and 24 hour news. Everything I have read seems to really be a rehash of the Daily Mail article with nothing new. Slow football news week and the problem Mel has is that when you raise your and the club's profile with the celeb type stuff, then people then want nothing more than to take you down. He is reaping what he sowed unfortunately. Main reason I dont want Elonso to buy club (but many others) as will just be more of the same. I just want our Derby back. Only thing giving me hope this week is the feel good story around Bolton rebuilding from the depths of despair

This was always going to happen with the Rooney deal, in terms of perception from outside. It was bad enough with Lampard but signing Rooney as a player but his wages being funded by 32 Red was not a look to buy goodwill in the game.

That's only perception mind....

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Whatever the amortisation policy how the hell can we breach the rules in any 3 year period including 17/18 with the £40m profit on stadium sake? That would be a >£79m loss over 3 years excluding the stadium sale.

We only spent big in one season 15/16 without making significant player sales like we've made in other seasons (Hughes, Hendrick, Ince, Vydra, Weimann, Bogle, Lowe,).

it is the 3 years previous

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

There were the short extensions for Johnson, Blackman and Butterfield - that would spread ~£15m over 5 years instead of 4.  There were the automatic extensions to Huddlestone and Davies, that's £3m over another year.  Not massive amounts, but not nothing either.

The bigger issue will be with not knowing the exact individual fees for players, so you can't account for contract length or when they were sold.  The accounts will tell us we spent £50m in a given year, but we have no idea how much of that will be amortized over 2 years, 3 years, 4, years etc.  And when players are sold, we have no idea how much to knock off the amortization for subsequent years - both Vydra and Ince were sold (for profit) midway through their contracts.  Various other players have left for various reasons too - Raul Albentosa sold for profit after a season or so, Weimann sold after 3 years, Abdul Camara had his contract cancelled etc etc.  We can't always even be sure which financial year a player was sold in, if it's close to June 30th. There's going to be a massive amount of guesswork involved in doing it this way.

If the ERV for J B & B on year 4 was bumped up to say 90% of their cost rather than written down to zero because the contract was extended then that would be an impact in that 3 year run.  Just thinking out loud but surely that would be massive

Not entirely unrelated to this thread I get the principles behind FFP but the reality we are seeing this season with the exception maybe of Barnsley having a cracking season is a league that is in danger of becoming a closed loop from the Premier League which is fuelled by the parachute payments, same/similar clubs yo-yoing between the two, the increase in punishments to clubs in our league making them too afraid to dare to dream of anything other than staying in the league.

The 3 coming down next season all have obvious claims of bouncing back, Brentford/Bournemouth/Swansea depending on who goes up will be thereabouts again. 

I'm well aware we have far bigger issues of our own to worry about but if I was a neutral I'd say this league is in real danger of going from exciting to boring very fast. 

1 minute ago, DCFCJim87 said:

Not entirely unrelated to this thread I get the principles behind FFP but the reality we are seeing this season with the exception maybe of Barnsley having a cracking season is a league that is in danger of becoming a closed loop from the Premier League which is fuelled by the parachute payments, same/similar clubs yo-yoing between the two, the increase in punishments to clubs in our league making them too afraid to dare to dream of anything other than staying in the league.

The 3 coming down next season all have obvious claims of bouncing back, Brentford/Bournemouth/Swansea depending on who goes up will be thereabouts again. 

I'm well aware we have far bigger issues of our own to worry about but if I was a neutral I'd say this league is in real danger of going from exciting to boring very fast. 

definitely the risk, the relegated clubs get a bonus in year 1 that is equal to the losses that can be incurred in 3 years for the rest of us

4 minutes ago, DCFCJim87 said:

It’s already there in my opinion, and is just going to get worse.