Watchable telly

dog

The BBC 2 series on Rupert Murdoch was both fascinating and terrifying. 

Responsible for choosing every Prime Minister for the past 40 years and more recently Donald Trump as President. 

Arguably one of the most influential figures in the world. 

The Repair Shop on the beeb. The equivalent of bake off, harmless , feel good, nice gentle watch. I just love the craftsmen and women, very clever, very skllled. There are always back stories behind the items and being very average at DIY i am always amazed how they manage ot fix or restore items that look ready for the tip.

Das Boot done, kept me pretty gripped. 

Now watching 'Kingdom' (Navy St) on Netflix. Drama about family of MMA fighters. Again, definitely good viewing and no complaints at all from me. 

At same time however, I am re- watching The Sopranos as the missus hasn't watched it. It is even better than I remember. The quality of writing is superior to pretty much anything else.

Das Boot, Kingdom...definitely really enjoyable but you are aware they aren't going to change your world. Some things as you watch.. The Sopranos, Gomorrah, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead early seasons, True Detective season 1...The Wire..they feel epic, like you are watching something of magnitude, cultural importance...whatever, just things that will stay with you.

Recently watched the reruns of Broadchurch having missed it the first time round. What an absolute huge steaming pile of horse manure - crap characters; crap acting; crap storyline; unbelievable situations and the most ridiculous final episode when the guilty party was finally unveiled.... if you’re tempted to watch it, spend your time instead trying to trim your toenails with your own teeth - it will be a far more worthwhile way to waste 8 or so hours of your life.....

On 30/07/2020 at 22:40, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The Repair Shop on the beeb. The equivalent of bake off, harmless , feel good, nice gentle watch. I just love the craftsmen and women, very clever, very skllled. There are always back stories behind the items and being very average at DIY i am always amazed how they manage ot fix or restore items that look ready for the tip.

It’s fantastic. The reactions of the owners of the objects are wonderfully uplifting 

On 01/08/2020 at 07:59, Gaspode said:

Recently watched the reruns of Broadchurch having missed it the first time round. What an absolute huge steaming pile of horse manure - crap characters; crap acting; crap storyline; unbelievable situations and the most ridiculous final episode when the guilty party was finally unveiled.... if you’re tempted to watch it, spend your time instead trying to trim your toenails with your own teeth - it will be a far more worthwhile way to waste 8 or so hours of your life.....

ITV used to be known for their great drama, but in recent years they've been shocking. Only Unforgotten worth watching. 

Agree about Broad church. It has all the sophistication of a 1980s rerun. 

Audiences have moved on. 

I don't suppose anyone on here is watching Mrs America? It's a fascinating picture of the US fight for basic rights for women in the 1970s we take for granted today.  Phyllis Schlafly is brilliantly portrayed by Cate Blanchett. She is truly repulsive! 

I was a teenager when all this was going on and it makes me realise how lucky I was not to have been born 20 years earlier.