Watchable telly

dog

On 12/09/2020 at 18:21, TexasRam said:

Started watching “ One of us” on Netflix....not sure? Has anybody watched all of them, is it worth sticking with? 

Just finished this, well worth it in the end. And the main Detective in it is Lydia from Breaking Bad, I had no idea she was Scottish 

9 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Watching the 3rd day on Sky, no idea what’s going on or what it’s about. However now I’ve invested the time I need to know 

Me too. It’s Lost meets The Wicker Man.

Not sure what’s real and what’s imagined.

The whole programme’s like a weird dream.

On 22/09/2020 at 00:18, ariotofmyown said:

Hope the Emmys won by Watchmen will remind anyone who hasn't seen it to get on it. Think it's in my Top 10 of all time. Thrilling.

Also a show that will benefit from binging, you’re so confused at first that I would have killed to not have to wait a week between episodes. 

A banger of a show and THAT episode is worth waiting for.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Also a show that will benefit from binging, you’re so confused at first that I would have killed to not have to wait a week between episodes. 

Haha I can imagine that. I watched all in one go so was ok.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

42 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Haha I can imagine that. I watched all in one go so was ok.

25mins into the first episode based on you two's comments. Not sure what the hell is going on. It just rained a load of squid!

On 25/08/2020 at 19:27, reverendo de duivel said:

It's half an hour of mindfulness, as they call it nowadays. 

Nothing really happens, it's rarely laugh out loud funny, there's no narrative as such, they rarely achieve the objective, yet it's utterly beguiling.

It should be on prescription to those under the weather, it's perfect for a duvet day.

Thank you so much . Based on the above post I've watched all of them over the past week. You've probably saved my sanity for a while longer. ?

On 24/09/2020 at 20:48, Anag Ram said:

Me too. It’s Lost meets The Wicker Man.

Not sure what’s real and what’s imagined.

The whole programme’s like a weird dream.

Agreed. The Wicker Man comparison is so totally inescapable its like a remake.. but there is a more off-kilter 'Lost' with interludes of genuine drama vibe. 

Watchable but frustrating at times. 

On 27/09/2020 at 19:44, Chester40 said:

Agreed. The Wicker Man comparison is so totally inescapable its like a remake.. but there is a more off-kilter 'Lost' with interludes of genuine drama vibe. 

Watchable but frustrating at times. 

Think there’s a bit of Don’t look now in there too. ‘Cept without the shagging.

Oh man, Stranger Things is great. I've watched about 20 episodes in 3 days. 

I half arsed saw the first season but wasn't into it but now I get the hype. 

Simple, nostalgic, electronic music, neon lights, 80's movie cliché, great characters and great acting. Millie Bobby Brown is fascinating in every scene. 

Just about to start season 3. Breaking Bad levels of enjoyment for me. All this time ignoring the hype! ?

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Oh man, Stranger Things is great. I've watched about 20 episodes in 3 days. 

I half arsed saw the first season but wasn't into it but now I get the hype. 

Simple, nostalgic, electronic music, neon lights, 80's movie cliché, great characters and great acting. Millie Bobby Brown is fascinating in every scene. 

Just about to start season 3. Breaking Bad levels of enjoyment for me. All this time ignoring the hype! ?

I haven't watched any of it, but my daughter suggested I should watch it. She loved it, but even though she loved it, she advised me to only watch the first two.

Let me know what you think after you've seen all 3?