Sign in to follow this  
dog

Watchable telly

5 minutes ago, mozza said:

Just gonna watch Ready, Player One on Sky. Don't know if it's any good tho.. 

Its very good if you like computer games

I've been force fed The Crown for the past week.

I like it, even though it's far removed from how I'd like the country to be, it's entertaining enough in a soap opera way, and from my limited research reasonably historically accurate.

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've been force fed The Crown for the past week.

I like it, even though it's far removed from how I'd like the country to be, it's entertaining enough in a soap opera way, and from my limited research reasonably historically accurate.

Yep well acted and watchable 

Saw a trailer for Cleaning Up with Sheridan Smith the other day, looks pretty good.  Starts next Wednesday.

I'll also be watching True Detective season 3 on Sky Atlantic, and the new adaptation of War of The Worlds on the BBC1 when they start in the next few weeks.

I’ve never seen Luther but have heard it’s good. Now a new series has started I’ve just downloaded all the old series to catch up. Seems like it would be an easy one to catch up on as there’s no more than 6 in a series, and one series only has 2 episodes (Idris is a busy boy these days). 

Can anyone tell me if it is as good as I’ve heard?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve never seen Luther but have heard it’s good. Now a new series has started I’ve just downloaded all the old series to catch up. Seems like it would be an easy one to catch up on as there’s no more than 6 in a series, and one series only has 2 episodes (Idris is a busy boy these days). 

Can anyone tell me if it is as good as I’ve heard?

Sorry, not going to be much help, but..... 

I'd never seen it either, but had heard it mentioned a lot, and heard that it was good. So last night, I think it was the first of a new series, and I watched it. 

Well, I lasted about 20 minutes I think, and then gave up. Not for me. 

13 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Sorry, not going to be much help, but..... 

I'd never seen it either, but had heard it mentioned a lot, and heard that it was good. So last night, I think it was the first of a new series, and I watched it. 

Well, I lasted about 20 minutes I think, and then gave up. Not for me. 

Never start watching something that isn’t the first episode.

I'm watching Tin Star on Channel 4 (although this may be old news as it was on Sky Atlantic a year ago). Good kind of Fargo/Twin Peaks/Breaking Bad feel to it, and Tim Roth is excellent at swearing

Has anyone watched the Narcos Mexico spin-off? Any good?

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Never start watching something that isn’t the first episode.

Well it was the first episode of the new series I think 😀

I've not checked to see how many series I've missed. It wasn't the fact that I didn't understand what was going on, it was just the same old formula. 

To be fair, I didn't give it a proper go, switching off after 20 or so minutes, but I'm pretty certain it's not something I'd enjoy watching. 

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Well it was the first episode of the new series I think 😀

I've not checked to see how many series I've missed. It wasn't the fact that I didn't understand what was going on, it was just the same old formula. 

To be fair, I didn't give it a proper go, switching off after 20 or so minutes, but I'm pretty certain it's not something I'd enjoy watching. 

Well we started last night with the first two episodes ever. Not my favourite thing in the world, but my wife is enjoying it, and we find it really hard to find something we both enjoy that isn’t an mcu film. 

She likes a procedural crime drama does my wife, and she especially likes the fact that in British cop shows your best mate can be killed and your boss will still stay, ‘crack in big lad, there’s work to be done.’ She’s more used to things like csi, where they need a course of counselling if they break a nail.