Watchable telly

dog

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Never even seen it listed or advertised. What service provider is it on? 

It's half an hour of mindfulness, as they call it nowadays. 

Nothing really happens, it's rarely laugh out loud funny, there's no narrative as such, they rarely achieve the objective, yet it's utterly beguiling.

It should be on prescription to those under the weather, it's perfect for a duvet day.

If it's the Spanish series about bank robbers, which I believe it is, the third and fourth seasons for me were very disappointing. I'll watch the fifth to see how it ends (surely they won't stretch it out to a sixth season) but I enjoyed 1 and 2 a lot more.

Edited by richinspain
Forgot to quote the 2 above about money heist

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just noticed Cobra Kai is on Netflix. 

I did start to watch but couldnt get into it, that was a while ago..might try again as loved Karate Kid when i was younger.

I remember enjoying the film version of What We Do in the Shadows quite a lot (I don't watch any films more than twice, if ever even that so don't know how well it's aged) and S1 of the TV adaption being a bit too hit and miss.

S2 though (on iPlayer) has been a big step up from S1 and genuinely a delight to watch with some real LOL moments, which for someone who's strongest reaction to comedu is generally only a quiet smirk of appreciation is pretty good going.

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

I remember enjoying the film version of What We Do in the Shadows quite a lot (I don't watch any films more than twice, if ever even that so don't know how well it's aged) and S1 of the TV adaption being a bit too hit and miss.

S2 though (on iPlayer) has been a big step up from S1 and genuinely a delight to watch with some real LOL moments, which for someone who's strongest reaction to comedu is generally only a quiet smirk of appreciation is pretty good going.

I loved season 2. Think it really benefited having a story arc across the entire season, tied things together and after a few you could see what was going on. One of the best US comedies right now. 

I just finished smashing through leaky blinders (side note: autocorrect changed that to leaky blunders, a fly on the wall documentary about crap plumbers). 

been meaning to watch it for ages based on lots of recommendations. It’s great. But I don’t think I liked the end of the last series. No spoilers, but it kind of broke the formula, and I liked the formula.

is that something to do with it loving to Netflix?

also, just smashed through cobra Kai season with my wife over a couple of nights. We very much enjoyed it. It’s kind of a remake of karate kid, in the same way that the force awakens is a remake of a new hope. Essentially the same plot, the same enough to be nostalgic, but just different enough to be interesting. 

Not watched Who wants to be a Millionaire for years. Tuned in earlier in week and with Clarkson as host and format tweak (selectable second 'safety' amount and asking host) I think it's great. There have been some good contestants and very tense moments.