Watchable telly

dog

I've binge watched the three BBC series of "Robin Hood"

It was quite addictive with some characters changing loyalties by the episode.

Worth watching even if you think you know all about the Outlaw.
Visual effects are impressive.

What I wondered was ...if Robin Hood doesn't kill anymore why does he shoot soldiers right left and centre?

50 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

What I wondered was ...if Robin Hood doesn't kill anymore why does he shoot soldiers right left and centre?

Remember the one with Michael Praid in the early-mid 80's. That was good when i was about eleven.  It's on ITV hub . Might give it a watch to see how bad it probably was. Should never have re- watched an episode of The Fall Guy.

36 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Watched a couple of episodes so far of Mayans, the one in the same world as Sons of Anarchy. I loved the original series and this one is shaping up nicely so far.

I loved the first 2-3 seasons, When they went to Northern Ireland it lot it's lustre a bit.  The last one where he turns into Scarface was too much and the ending left a lot to be desired.

The Australian Dream was interesting last night. It’s about Adam Goode’s and the racial problems he faced as an aboriginal footy player. I can see why the black lives matter movement has been supported the way it has in football in this country. I’m sure it’s on catchup if you missed it.

On 08/08/2020 at 20:03, Brummie Steve said:

I remember watching it when it was on BBC at the time. Season 1 is really good, in a Saturday tea time kind of way. Season 2 ends in a really unsatisfying way (for me), which ruined my experience. After finishing the 3rd season, I can understand why they did it, but am still not happy with the decision.

21 hours ago, r4derby said:

I remember watching it when it was on BBC at the time. Season 1 is really good, in a Saturday tea time kind of way. Season 2 ends in a really unsatisfying way (for me), which ruined my experience. After finishing the 3rd season, I can understand why they did it, but am still not happy with the decision.

I suppose they had just finished watching Mel Gibson in 'Braveheart', saw a way to put an end to something when you've run out of ideas and went for it.

At least it put paid to a Season 4.

Unless they called it 'Little John' or 'The Merry Men'.

(Mel Brooks beat them to 'Men in Tights' in 1993 apparently!)

On 08/08/2020 at 12:06, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Anelka documentary on Netflix great watch. What is surprising is the amount of controversy that has followed him and yet nothing seems to be down to him, really unlucky guy. Produced by one of his friends I think.

He does say the turning point in his career is vs The Rams at the in his debut season for Arsenal in 97.

just watched . Quite enjoyed it. nice aerial view of Derby. Didn't show the match from the following season we won 3 nil, putting there 17 match unbeaten run to an end mind. We have a habit of tonking Arsenal when they win the league.