Watchable telly

dog

8 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad tbh. Breaking Bad was good and deserves its status but was ultimately a bit daft for me.

Think the dialogue in Saul is better.

Almost caught up with Better Call Saul and have the same opinion.

I love Breaking Bad, but I don't hold it on the pedestal that some (including many of my friends) do; really boils down to the fact that, in my opinion, BCS is an exploration into the far more interesting characters of Breaking Bad.

I do wish I'd be able to forget about Breaking Bad and watch it again when BCS is finished though; I feel like the development of all these side characters would really improve my experience watching BB. I might re-watch it after, anyway.

7 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Started watching "Little fires everywhere" on Prime last night.

Potential to be very good. 7.7 on imdb says I should stick with this.

I might try that.

Struggling to find anything on either Netflix or prime that's good quality, and DOESN'T contain excessive violence and gore etc .

The Young Montalbano.

A spin off of Inspector Montalbano. Think Endeavour/Morse except it's set in Sicily, it has subtitles and the people are more stylish.

Proper BBC4 stuff. It's not exactly amazing but I've got sucked into it. Think it's the sun, the sea and the delightful blonde woman who stars in it who turns out to be Daniele De Rossi's wife. Ideal Sunday night viewing.

On 18/06/2020 at 16:27, ketteringram said:

I might try that.

Struggling to find anything on either Netflix or prime that's good quality, and DOESN'T contain excessive violence and gore etc .

I've mentioned it before.. Lodge 49 will meet your criteria. Pretty unique. 1st series is on Prime. Give it a bash and report back. Please ?

Edited by Igor_111
Update source

White Lines. 

Murder mystery with a back drop of Ibiza/rave, Madchester, sun, sex...on a big budget. 

Open goal...unfortunately its Waghorn lining up the shot. 

Accents are just bizaare and grating, the narrative is based on a decent premise but handled with the poise and touch of a 6th form A-level English student. Dialogue is so derivative and clichéd its painful. 

Felt about as well grafted and believable as Hollyoaks. Just didn't care or believe in any of it. Good music, nice looking people, beautiful scenery...ultimately just very poorly written ( well the 4 episodes before I gave up) . 4/10

26 minutes ago, Broderick said:

Are The Inbetweeners worth watching? 

NO NO NO NO NO.

Not unless you're a 12 year old.

I stumbled across one by accident last week and couldn't believe how pathetic and immature it was.

Not sure if I'm made my views clear.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Chronic more like.

Iconic in the same as Mr Blobby was (for any of us unfortunate enough to remember him)?

That's not really apt at all. Its nothing like Mr Blobby...that was for five year olds. 

Inbetweeners is extremely vulgar teenage humour. More like the Young Ones than Mr Blobby. 

Crass, stereo-typing, filth...with lots of catchphrases that have slipped into the vernacular. 

I thought it was hilarious in bits. 

26 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

That's not really apt at all. Its nothing like Mr Blobby...that was for five year olds. 

Inbetweeners is extremely vulgar teenage humour. More like the Young Ones than Mr Blobby. 

Crass, stereo-typing, filth...with lots of catchphrases that have slipped into the vernacular. 

I thought it was hilarious in bits. 

12 years old, teenager. Only one year in it. So, I wasn't far out in my original comments that it's OK if you're a 12 year old. 

Just not remotely my cup of tea. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

12 years old, teenager. Only one year in it. So, I wasn't far out in my original comments that it's OK if you're a 12 year old. 

Just not remotely my cup of tea. 

Fair enough. But someone was asking 'is it worth watching'?

My point was its not helpful / accurate to compare it to Mr Blobby, which you obviously regard as similarly childish as the Inbetweeners. 

But it's very much adult humour. 

For me, it is incredibly crude and puerile but actually funnier and more relatable than 'Men Behaving Badly' which is the closest comparison I can think of. 

New series of The Sinner on Netflix. 

First two series were pretty good and first episode of this one was intriguing enough. 

Bill Pullman excellent as the weary but dogged detective, channelling Columbo a bit and asking all the right questions. 

16 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Fair enough. But someone was asking 'is it worth watching'?

My point was its not helpful / accurate to compare it to Mr Blobby, which you obviously regard as similarly childish as the Inbetweeners. 

But it's very much adult humour. 

For me, it is incredibly crude and puerile but actually funnier and more relatable than 'Men Behaving Badly' which is the closest comparison I can think of. 

You seem to be quite defensive of it and I'm not sure I'd describe it as "adult" humour. 

It's all a matter of taste and this debate may help the enquirer decide whether to watch it or not. If I hadn't seen it before then, given the divided opinions, I probably watch an episode or two to give it a try which, is probably the sensible thing to do. Incidentally, my first post, in response to the original Enquiry didn't refer to Mr Bobby. I was just suggesting, not very successfully, that some things could be considered iconic but that doesn't make them good such as, Last of the summer wine and Allo Allo. 

Chicago Fire on Sky witness catch up- working through series seven double episodes ad free last about 90 mins. Never seen it before, lot of good humour in it as well as the more intense stuff. My daughter says Chicago Medic and Chicago PD are worth a watch..

22 hours ago, Broderick said:

Are The Inbetweeners worth watching? 

It is very funny and if you watch I am sure some of the events/characters will relate to ones own childhood!

Edited by TimRam