Watchable telly

dog

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

ya gotta mix it up bruv. Season 2 was in Rhodes, with trips to Faliraki. It's car-crash TV at it's best. A bunch of gym-addict boys who have already been unfaithful, being spied on by their low self-esteemed birds trying to catch them cheating. Give it a go.

Sounds like something I'd be able to watch for about 10 minutes before getting angry and calling everyone involved a vapid, fame hunting Bamford and rage quit, full of people I'd go 100 miles out of my way in real life to avoid ever having to share the same air as.

'low self-esteemed birds' my arse.

You laugh at the silly twits for a while but then you remember that the most stupid bankers in the world are often the happiest, so why are we laughing at them?

If people in the office start talking about Love Island I stick my earphones in and drown out the noise.

Edited by Coconut

47 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You laugh at the silly twits for a while but then you remember that the most stupid bankers in the world are often the happiest, so why are we laughing at them?

How sweet to be an Idiot
As harmless as a cloud
Too small to hide the sun
Almost poking fun
At the warm but insecure untidy crowd

How sweet to be an idiot
And dip my brain in joy
Children laughing at my back
With no fear of attack
As much retaliation as a toy

How sweet to be an idiot, how sweet

I tiptoe down the street
Smile at everyone I meet
But suddenly a scream
Smashes through my dream
Fie fye foe fum
I smell the blood of an asylum
(Blood of an asylum
But mother I play so beautifully, listen. ha ha)
Fie fye foe fum
I smell the blood of the asylum
Hey you, you're such a pedant
You got as much brain as a dead ant
As much imagination as a caravan site

But I still love you, still love you
Oh how sweet to be an idiot
How sweet. how sweet. How sweet

Neil Innes 9 December 1944 – 29 December 2019

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

BRASSIC

on SkyTV, absolutely hilarious.

Series 2 not as good as 1 though. Still good and I could watch Joseph Gilgun that plays Vinny in anything. Think his natural style is unique and endearing. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Series 2 not as good as 1 though. Still good and I could watch Joseph Gilgun that plays Vinny in anything. Think his natural style is unique and endearing. 

he has a great role in Preacher on Prime

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Finished "The Americans". I really enjoyed the final series.

Now watching "Better call Saul" - very good start.

I've carried on with that now, after bailing out half way through the fifth series. Mainly due to being unable to find anything else watchable on either Netflix or Prime! And no, I haven't watched probably 90% of stuff discussed in this thread.

On 14/07/2020 at 16:14, Chester40 said:

McMafia - English /Russian mafia drama. 

Not sure of the consensus...but I was pleasantly surprised. James Norton is constantly in an immaculate suit regardless of time /place (Ray Donovan style) and he sorta reminded me of Laurence Fox. 

High quality cast with lots of nice settings and scenery.  Engaging enough and relatively believable. 

Nowhere near as grimy, captivating and engrossing as Gomorrah nor as brutal and visceral as Gangs of London... not 'frothy' but definitely mainstream and a good watch nonetheless. 

Your take is completey the opposite of mine - watched that when it was originally broadcast and wondering why I bothered - one of those series where I hope they all die at the end.....

At the time I seem to remember Norton was being touted as a possible James Bond so was interested to see whether he had potential - decided he was far too much of a pretty boy actor with no depth or menace about him, though to be fair it wasn't the best material for him to work with....

On 25/07/2020 at 10:41, Wolfie20 said:

Try Gomorrah - I think it's even better than The Wire

On 25/07/2020 at 16:36, ariotofmyown said:

Bosch on Amazon. Some main Wire characters in it too.

Both look good to watch at some point, going to go with True Detective though I think, looks a good cast.

Usually only watch shows that aren’t releasing any more episodes, can anyone say for sure there won’t be a 4th season of TD?

56 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Both look good to watch at some point, going to go with True Detective though I think, looks a good cast.

Usually only watch shows that aren’t releasing any more episodes, can anyone say for sure there won’t be a 4th season of TD?

You might as well only bother with the first series of True Detective, which is top tier stuff. 

2nd one is such a drop in quality.

3rd is supposed to be better than the 2nd though so I might give that a chance.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

The seasons are unlinked. 

4 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

You might as well only bother with the first series of True Detective, which is top tier stuff. 

2nd one is such a drop in quality.

3rd is supposed to be better than the 2nd though so I might give that a chance.

It would be hard to match the intensity of McConaughey’s acting from season 1, but if that didn’t exist, we’d still say 2&3 are pretty good. 

Just watched "Undefeated" on Sky documentaries. An absolute must watch for anyone interested in sport and American Football in particular. It's about a high school team from a deprived area of Memphis that has never won a play off game their history. 

Can't rate it highly enough.