Watchable telly

dog

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Finished 'Sneaky Pete' last night.

The Memsahib has never really watched Bosch, although she has read the books, so we might give that a go from tonight.

What did you think of Sneaky Pete? 

I loved it, but I love Gio Ribisi. 

Been watching White Collar after reading one of those Top 20 Crime Drama lists on Apple News. 

It’s fun, and the storylines are creative if a little far fetched. There are some great cameos. 

Maybe lacks a bit of grit, but its a worthy watch. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

What did you think of Sneaky Pete? 

I loved it, but I love Gio Ribisi. 

I definitely didn't dislike it, but didn't find it 'gripping' like I did Breaking Bad. It was a series that I could get into for a couple of episodes, but sometimes there was just too much going on (a bit too 'busy' on occasions) that it was easy to miss key plot lines.

On 03/08/2020 at 16:01, angieram said:

I don't suppose anyone on here is watching Mrs America? It's a fascinating picture of the US fight for basic rights for women in the 1970s we take for granted today.  Phyllis Schlafly is brilliantly portrayed by Cate Blanchett. She is truly repulsive! 

I was a teenager when all this was going on and it makes me realise how lucky I was not to have been born 20 years earlier.

my mother was refused admittance to rolls royce on victory road where she worked in the late 60s for wearing trousers. She was sent home by the bloke on the gate to change into a skirt.

29 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

my mother was refused admittance to rolls royce on victory road where she worked in the late 60s for wearing trousers. She was sent home by the bloke on the gate to change into a skirt.

I can't believe she married him in the end.  

11 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I worked at Leaderflush in 1980 and we still had to wear skirts then. I employed an Asian woman who turned up on her first day in trousers. Told by a director she had to go home and change, she walked straight down the corridor to the MD's office and marched in there (unheard of, you usually had to make an appointment. ) 

30 minutes later a memo came round to every employee letting us know that females could now wear 'dress' trousers to the office. 

Sweet victory! 

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

I worked at Leaderflush in 1980 and we still had to wear skirts then. I employed an Asian woman who turned up on her first day in trousers. Told by a director she had to go home and change, she walked straight down the corridor to the MD's office and marched in there (unheard of, you usually had to make an appointment. ) 

30 minutes later a memo came round to every employee letting us know that females could now wear 'dress' trousers to the office. 

Sweet victory! 

Quite right too. I've enjoyed being able to wear my summer sarongs so equality!

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Sweet victory! 

Reminded me of an amusing conversation about asian ladies (not) wearing skirts. My then colleague lifted up her trouser to reveal the hairiest leg I’ve ever seen! She was adamant she didn’t wanna wear a skirt cos it’d take her ages to shave ?

23 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Been watching White Collar after reading one of those Top 20 Crime Drama lists on Apple News. 

It’s fun, and the storylines are creative if a little far fetched. There are some great cameos. 

Maybe lacks a bit of grit, but its a worthy watch. 

I watched the first 4 seasons of that religiously back when it first aired, and the start of S5. Good character relationships & just about the right amount of exposition to make the plots easy to follow & fun.

It even made me think hats were cool at one point, I actually bought a few Goorin Brothers designs back in around 2010, although you won't see me wearing one now.

I have no idea / can't remember why I stopped watching & fell behind, but I never completed it. 7 years later I've recently watched all of S5 and have just 3 episodes of the final season left.

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing was back on Sunday evening.

Beautifully filmed and amusing exchanges between Bob and Paul.

Perfect Sunday night viewing.

Never even seen it listed or advertised. What service provider is it on?