Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

Just now, Sufferingfool said:

Can’t agree with that thought he covered tirelessly and agree with Vicars he was MoM but there was not a poor performance by any player out there today.

Didn’t see him make a tackle, block, pass of note in the second half. Cant remember his name being mentioned at all

Warney on the touchline, windmilling the troops to keep up the noise during those tense last few minutes.  Gotta love the guy!  🤍🐏

Vickers:  "Like f*** you're bringing in a new keeper"!  🤍🐏

Cashin on being dragged off against his will... to anyone who dared to listen...  "Do that again, and I'll shove that unused stretcher up your arse, ye feckin gobshoite"  🤍🐏

Was expecting us to lose but was reallg impressed with us today from a defensive standpoint.

We got our tactics & shape pretty much spot on, we struggled when they were intricate around the box but we wanted them to play it wide knowing we would clean up on the crosses. Even more impressive was that we had to make 2 changes to the defense in the first 25mins & we still stoof up strong. Bradley & Nyambe came in & did a very good job. Elder looked solid too. Vickers with his best performance for us to, clearly competetion does increase performance

I loved how much we fought for the balls & very rarely made it easy for them....like we did vs Blackburn.

I thought Ozoh was really good, started a little shaky but his physicality in there will be much needed this season. Osborn ran himself into the ground too.

My only disappointment today was NML, dont think he offered much at all. 2nd half he stopped tracking back as well, glad to see Warne bring him off.

Lastly, Jackson took his chance brilliantly. Having that much time on the ball can sometimes be a bad thing but he looked composed the whole time.

Overally, not the prettiest but a very gritty performance & one i was happy with. 1 player for them on the bench cost more than our squad so we have to keep expectations realistic this season.

PG Wodehouse from the directors box.

In the annals of footballing drama, where the grand theatre of sport so often offers a heady mix of the sublime and the ridiculous, one could scarcely find a more fitting epitome of both than the spectacle that unfolded at the Directors’ box, where a diminutive figure of considerable follicular flair made a fashionably late entrance, his permed coiffure glistening under the stadium lights like a cherub’s halo after a brisk encounter with a bottle of Brylcreem. But, as is so often the case in these matters, the distractions of the haute monde were swiftly eclipsed by the heroics on the pitch, where young Kayden Jackson, that veritable Achilles in cleats, delivered a coup de grâce that secured victory for Warne’s gallant Rams with all the aplomb of a gentleman making a winning stroke in a high-stakes game of croquet. Indeed, it was not just a victory of the feet but of the heart and mind, for the stalwart trio of Ozoh, Kenzo, and Osborn defended their territory with the tenacity of ancient Spartans holding the pass at Thermopylae, each a paragon of fortitude amidst the fray. Even the early exits of Cashin and Wilson, which might have sent a lesser team into disarray, were mere footnotes in a performance so meticulously orchestrated that it could only be compared to the symphonies of the great maestros, where every arm wave of the indomitable Bradley—his brow as furrowed as the Scottish Highlands—was a baton guiding his comrades to glory. And what more can be said of the impeccable Josh Vickers, who, like a seasoned butler in a country estate, stood unflappable at his post, swatting away threats with a nonchalance that belied the magnitude of his task, all the while under the watchful, perhaps slightly envious, gaze of the towering and undeniably handsome Jacob, whose presence cast a long shadow, both literally and figuratively. Thus, with spirits buoyed and eyes set firmly on the horizon, the Rams march onward, the scent of victory in their nostrils, their path strewn with the laurels of their latest conquest.

So so happy with that performance. I expected us to lose 1-3 today with them just having too much but we largely contained them to shots outside the area. I'd have liked to have seen a tad more pressing in the middle third as when we did that they looked to really struggle and lost the ball a lot. We do also need to make sure there is an outlet up front at all times so the ball doesn't ping straight back at us. 

I think a midfield three of Ozoh, Adams and Goudmijn will be really strong, fast, and put teams under a lot of pressure. Ozoh has such a good touch and is so physical he just needs a bit of work in his decision making which will come in time. I'd love to see Osbourne at LWB as he's got such an epic engine and a bit of quality. Get a few attacking players back and a couple of defenders in and I think we'll see us do quite well. 

I love those kind of sh**housing performances and we need to make Pride Park into a fortress as we did today.

Edited by Leeds Ram

Boro are a good team who excel at counter attacking. They can’t counter attack if we don’t attack! Now, I’m being facetious, but you get the point. We defended deeply and resolutely and dared them to break us down which isn’t what they excel at.

This is the blueprint though, we need to be at it and the fans need to be there too. The way we stay up in this league is through grit, fight and a little bit of luck. If we can be clinical on top of that, then perfect. Every game is a cup final.

There’s things we can improve on, like making the most of attacking situations rather than limply giving the ball away, but let’s focus on positives today. Some excellent defensive performances and you could go through most of the team. Osborn man of the match for me. He was absolutely phenomenal and almost Ebou-like in his tenacity and energy. 

Edited by Srg

Definition of a squad win - impressive and gutsy. The Boro strikers looked to have an edge in terms of pace from the beginning but the number of shots from the edge of the box pays tribute to our defensive organisation. Delighted for Nyambe in particular - never lets us down. Agree with @Leeds Ram on seeing Osborn LWB

however….we got away with one there. Good luck to warne in the transfer market this week. 

Edited by California Ram.

Overall I left PP feeling pretty positive ! The new players looked decent, Osborne in particular was immense !

PW doing what PW does though and sitting back for 20 mins was not great - a little lucky that we kept them at bay although can’t fault the effort.

Need more quality on the bench though, Barks is L1 at best…..