Games That Aren't Talked About Enough

We all know the legendary Derby games that will never be forgotten. Real Madrid, Deforestation, Leeds in the Play Offs, etc. 

But what are some of your favourite games that don't get talked about or remembered enough?

For me, beating United at Old Trafford in the cup under Lampard was unbelievable and doesn't get spoken about enough.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

The coffee cup game was better than the 5-0 for me. Dont know whether it was jus the expectations at the time or my age, but I’ve always loved that. 

Southampton play off semi. Pitch invasion in torrential rain. Epic that was. 

Whoever won that was pretty much sentencing the other to relegation, then they got 2 goals their play didn't really deserve before the fourth.  A lot more riding on it.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whoever won that was pretty much sentencing the other to relegation, then they got 2 goals their play didn't really deserve before the fourth.  A lot more riding on it.

1968 chelsea cup match.Who could forget  night matches at the Baseball ground, smoke swirling round from Leys. It was my first match, we won., loved the rams eversince.

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Derby 3 Eusebio's Benfica 0

I remember someone, maybe Graham Richards or Gerald Mortimer, on the radio saying something like he saw Kevin Hector walking down the corridor, injured, in the afternoon and thought there's no way he could play in the game. But he did play, and he was brilliant 🐏

Scoring one of the greatest Derby goals of all time in the process....

I have a fondness for the 4-0 win over Southampton in the PL under TBE. 0-0 with about 15 minutes left and then the floodgates opened. Eranio, Baiano, Wanchope and Carsley netting. The football we played in that spell was simply sublime.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

Grimsby Away 2017. Score: A-A

Ikechi Anya's best performance in a Rams shirt from what I recall.

I genuinely look back on that day really fondly. Was only 17 with the face of a 10 year old, but managed to get beers in the pub all day.

That was when I really started going on away days and the drunken match report era began🤣

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

53 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

1-0 Sheff U away 1987, Phil Gee nutmegging John Burridge 10000 Derby fans rammed in the away end. 

Love that game. 10,000 out of 18,000 for an away game was awesome. 
Then beating Leeds the week after to go up. 
My favourite season.

Edited by North East Ram

My favourite game will always be my first live derby game, 3-0 against arsenal, Wanchope double and Sturridge. Ian Wright missed a penalty with Poooooooom in goal.

My arsenal supporting brother sat in the home fans whilst asrsenal lost their first game of the season (I think). Not an important game but reminds me of the high point of supporting debry, time with my dad and brother and some of my favourite derby players ever.

First season at PPS, 4-0 v Southampton. It was the match that I knew I'm in for a real treat that year. Something just clicked and we evolved to a side that I felt had a chance (at home) of winning against anyone, for 11 minutes we were probably the best team in the country or at least it felt like it. I was SE corner (now the away end) those first seasons and after that match, the optimism and sheer joy that ran through us there was palpable.

I agree with the Southampton Play off semi, in the rain. Chants of "We're proud of you" we knew this was a team punching and we respected that. Sheer gratitude for effort, followed by elation, followed by walking in the rain in a daze. A match hidden behind a match that does get talked about and a following season that was "historic".

Hmm starting to think I have a "beating Southampton" fetish, am I closet Pompey fan?