Games That Aren't Talked About Enough

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

Including just live games I have seen Leeds away in playoff semi 2nd leg without a doubt. How we came back and the Marriott winner.

"Games That Aren't Talked About Enough"

We never stop going on about it!  🤣

16 hours ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

Also enjoyed Norwich Away, the Lampard year, when the floodlights went out. I think we were losing when the lights went out, then managed to win the game 4-3.

Floodlights going out. Now that reminds me of a game. The first league home game at PP against Wimbledon when the lights went out. I recall we were winning and Uriah Rennie abandoned the game after the lights came back on. 

Probably my most memorable and favourite game was at the BBG against Newcastle. I think Kevin Keegan was managed of them at the time. The referee was sooo biased towards Derby that the fans were cheering and singing for him and the Geordie fans were ripping the seats out from the Ossie lower. I think they had 3 players sent off and we won something like 4-1. I thoroughly enjoyed that game and sang my heart out from the Columbo terrace 😍

Beating Newcastle 3-2 at home December 83. I was 13 and it was the best atmosphere i'd seen at a non Forest game.

2 Nil down at HT after goals from Waddle and Keegan and we looked dead and buried. As soon as Davison pulled one back the whole crowd erupted and never really quietened till Bobby and Archie sealed the win. 

Can beat a comeback as underdogs.  

Sheff United and Fulham at home in Rooney’s season

Cant remember exactly and might be making it all up but I think Reading had won earlier in the day when we beat Fulham. I think we’d have gone on to stay up if they hadn’t. Either way was a great performance and result

I have a couple of standout games. Apologies if someone already flagged them up. 
Also apologies if I dont tell the tale exactly as it happened. Its an age thing.

1990 a game we lost but football won.

Rams 4 - Chelsea 6

The most bonkers last 20 mins of a game I recall. 1-3 down. Brought it back to 3-3 ( might have gone 4-3 up… oh memory time) lost 4-6. I think most fans from both sides left the Baseball Ground stunned at what they had just seen.

Aston Villa away. Dean Saunders is relatively new and cost mega bucks for the period.

Villa go 1-0 with a Derek Mountfield goal infront of us who were behind the goal opposite the Holte End

Villa fans chanting ” what a waste of money” at our new expensive signing.

Deano wasnt having much of a game and then out of nowhere scores 2 goals

Villa fans silenced and we left the stadium singing ” what a waste of money”… 

So many more to tell… 

Oh go on… Highbury away in Arsenals last second winner at Anfield season. Derby win at Highbury to take Arsenals season into high stress levels.

Deano again turning Tony Adams inside out and getting a penalty which he duly despatched and then popping up at Highburys clock end with a superby volley ( right level with my seat too) to win it.

I was on leave and in London and actually found that match ticket. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Sheff United and Fulham at home in Rooney’s season

Cant remember exactly and might be making it all up but I think Reading had won earlier in the day when we beat Fulham. I think we’d have gone on to stay up if they hadn’t. Either way was a great performance and result

Sheffield United at home was unbelievable. The limbs when Lawrence scored his second, some of the best ever.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, sage said:

Beating Newcastle 3-2 at home December 83. I was 13 and it was the best atmosphere i'd seen at a non Forest game.

2 Nil down at HT after goals from Waddle and Keegan and we looked dead and buried. As soon as Davison pulled one back the whole crowd erupted and never really quietened till Bobby and Archie sealed the win. 

Can beat a comeback as underdogs.  

Agree on this one. The atmosphere was amazing. I think the match report in the DET by Gerald Mortimer started with something like “The walls of the Baseball Ground strained with emotion..” Had it stuck on my bedroom wall for a long time. Also lost a show on the Popside 😂

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

I have a couple of standout games. Apologies if someone already flagged them up. 
Also apologies if I dont tell the tale exactly as it happened. Its an age thing.

1990 a game we lost but football won.

Rams 4 - Chelsea 6

The most bonkers last 20 mins of a game I recall. 1-3 down. Brought it back to 3-3 ( might have gone 4-3 up… oh memory time) lost 4-6. I think most fans from both sides left the Baseball Ground stunned at what they had just seen.

Aston Villa away. Dean Saunders is relatively new and cost mega bucks for the period.

Villa go 1-0 with a Derek Mountfield goal infront of us who were behind the goal opposite the Holte End

Villa fans chanting ” what a waste of money” at our new expensive signing.

Deano wasnt having much of a game and then out of nowhere scores 2 goals

Villa fans silenced and we left the stadium singing ” what a waste of money”… 

So many more to tell… 

Oh go on… Highbury away in Arsenals last second winner at Anfield season. Derby win at Highbury to take Arsenals season into high stress levels.

Deano again turning Tony Adams inside out and getting a penalty which he duly despatched and then popping up at Highburys clock end with a superby volley ( right level with my seat too) to win it.

I was on leave and in London and actually found that match ticket. 

Goddard got one of the goals at Villa

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not having Leeds away, goes against the point of the thread!

But WBA is a great shout. Genuinely one of the best performances I’ve ever seen us put in. Thought we were going to walk the league after that.

#I_must_learn_to_read 🤣

Considering how monumental it was, beating Forest in The FA Cup replay in 2009 isn’t spoken about anywhere near enough as it should be.

Two down inside fourteen minutes. Win 3-2.

First win at The City Ground in 37 years.

Commons scoring the winner on his first return back.

I’ll even add Savage’s scarf nonsense.

19 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby 4 Southampton 0 under Smith.  Absolutely ripped them apart that day.  First time I'd thought we're probably only a couple of players from winning something with this team and being here for 10 years.  Didn't quite have the funds to finish the job 

I can remember that season, and know that the Bald Eagle had talked with Emmanuel Petit and David Ginola! What a team that would have been - we'd haave plyed everybody like the last 20 minutes of that Southampton game! But we didn't have the pennies! 

6 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Derby 3 - Yeovil 2 2014

2-0 down at half time and the concourses were so relaxed about it. We just all seemed to know we would come back to win. I'd never been more convinced of a promotion in my life. Bloody Zamora.

This was the first game that came to mind for me. I still think about it often. Imagine having to go back to Yeovil after being 2-0 up all the way up here.

Was this the game that we scored a goal after putting together about 27 passes, thought we were Barcelona for a few minutes? Or am I mixing games up?

Derby 5 Spurs 0! My first ever match, what a start!

Manchester United away on the day of the Hillsborough disaster. My friend got us tickets via his brother who lived in Manchester, so we were in with the home fans. United fans still had a fearsome reputation in those days, so we were committed to sitting on our hands all match. But when we scored our first I noticed quite a few people sort of launched themselves out of their seats before quickly grabbing themselves back down again, and I though "We are not alone!" We didn't care when the second went in, and there were loads and loads of us!

Brighton play-off semi under Stevie Mac - probably the best atmosphere I have ever experienced, which wasn't matched on Saturday, surprisingly enough. 

Port Vale away, last season, when we scored two in the last moments. I have never seen limbs like it! Brilliant!

6 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Derby 3 - Yeovil 2 2014

2-0 down at half time and the concourses were so relaxed about it. We just all seemed to know we would come back to win. I'd never been more convinced of a promotion in my life. Bloody Zamora.

All of the 1884 Group display games too. Incredible feeling to see the visual impact of what we did. I imagine the people behind Popside Fanatics experienced the same feeling on Saturday. They're doing a brilliant job.

Beating Yeovil isn’t for everyone though is it. 

5 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

1973.  Benfica away....0-0.  Fantastic day in the pubs of Lisbon in the sun.  The game was memorable because the floodlights went out and I was hoping it would get called off so I could come back again the following week lol

My dad was at that game, he is 97 and in a residential home now. Last year we had to sort the house out and found his Benfica pennant in a drawer,its in my drawer now☺