Games That Aren't Talked About Enough

3 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

The second one was the one I was thinking of. Great tackle. 😂

I think nowadays the recipient would be down for about a fortnight. 

Love that one. I was in the Ossie upper and the ground was heaving with 26k. Away end below was swirling like the kop and the popside was sardines. A typical atmospheric 80s night at the BBG. We were in danger of relegation and they were one of the best teams in the world. But we battled and fought, and the fans were great. 
I can remember Forsyth’s equaliser like yesterday. Beautiful. I taped the goal on VHS from Central News Sport the day after and watched it over and over again. So proud at school the next day we’d held Liverpool to a draw. Happy days for the Rams.

Forest away in October 1996. Just after promotion with TBE. Was sat in the Executive Stand with a mix of Notts and Rams friends, keeping our identities and allegiances under wraps.
5 mins in, our old hero Deano puts Notts 1 up. I can’t believe he’d do it. Gutted. But we stand to clap nevertheless to keep up the disguise. 

2nd half and I know that the Rams are back. Not just in this game, but we’re just back full stop. Asanovic ran the show and after Dailly equalised, we should’ve gone on to win. When our goal went in, I stood up to cheer, quickly realised my mistake and shouted FFS in pretend annoyance. Thankfully got away with it. But at the same time a load of cheers went up all around us from other secret Rams fans and it got a bit tasty for a minute or 2 and thankfully simmered down. 

On 02/05/2024 at 09:43, Animal is a Ram said:

We were the only team Mitrovic didn't score against that season, if memory serves?

Don’t know if this has been replied not already but no, the Rowett season was 17/18.

It was 21/22 you’re thinking of.

16 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I think it was more McMahon left his foot in to try and bully Mickey, but Mickey didn't back down and McMahon hurt himself. Mickey did give John Barnes a kick or two in that game.

If memory serves me correctly, Mickey Lewis would from time to time kick the ball, but only if he had to!

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Sorry , going against the thread title , the game I always want to talk about is Play Off Semi Final at Elland Road , the greatest night of my life as a Rams fan 

Any game beating Leeds is fantastic.

I remember the cheating b******* from the 1970s, with their scum manager Revie

Nobody ever talks about that second leg league cup early round against QPR.  Sept 1980.

I'll tell you why...

0-0 first leg away (I was there)
0-0 second leg at home... lost on pens!
Sounds riveting!  Surprised it hasn't had a mention!  🤣

I missed the home leg... tense penalty shoot out included... as some fecker knocked me off my push bike (doing 70mph on the A52 with his eyes shut!) on the way home from work 3 hours before kick off, and I had half a shin sticking out the back of my leg!  

In hindsight, I think I got off lightly... the game must have been s****!  🤣