Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

… and hope they have a hapless keeper who doesn’t come for corners.

That will also help! Watching the highlights from the game at their place and they looked very dodgy defending set pieces 

The opportunity to win promotion at Pride Park, in front of a sell out crowd, after what the club has essentially gone through the last four years, is something that could create memories that will last a lifetime.

If, and hopefully when it happens, I'll definitely spare a thought for B4 and others who marched through the city to help keep the club alive but sadly won't be here to see this significant step in our rebuilding process. 

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The opportunity to win promotion at Pride Park, in front of a sell out crowd, after what the club has essentially gone through the last four years, is something that could create memories that will last a lifetime.

If, and hopefully when it happens, I'll definitely spare a thought for B4 and others who marched through the city to help keep the club alive but sadly won't be here to see this significant step in our rebuilding process. 

This in spades 🙌 

Bittersweet for sure and as much a relief as anything, after our troubles. it's been a proper slog and we still need one more big performance to be sure. I wouldn't worry about B4 too much though, as word has it he told the big boss he was nipping out for milk on Saturday evening and has not been seen since 👀

Opta puts Carlisle pretty middle of the pack in terms of defending set pieces 13th in goals conceded, 8th shots faced so they seem pretty well organised on corners and free kicks. They are dead last however in open play goals conceded and 22nd in shots faced. They are surprisingly 5th best in set piece goals (16 goals) and have only 11 less set piece shots than us (169). Again they worst in scoring from open play.

Just going by those stats Bradley will be needed at the weekend.

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

I doubt the starting 11 will change unless there’s any injuries. The interesting calls might be on the bench if a few more are available.

I think Bird will start this one. Smith might be at right back if Wilson is injured.

If we’re coasting with 10 minutes to go the subs will be a farewell parade. Hourihane, Fozzy, Waggy and Barkhuizen may all be waving their goodbyes in cameos. 

Fully expect this to come back to bite me on the arse but I’m feeling strangely calm about Saturday, after being a bit nervy all weekend. Assuming Kane and Smudge recover from their knocks

Wildsmith

Nels Bradley Cash

Wilson Adams Smith Thommo Sibs

NML Collo

Vickers, Hourihane, Bird, Barks, Fornah, TJJ, Waggy

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Best i've seen one on one with a goalie play for us.  Pretty sure he's the only Derby player I've seen get a hat trick of free kicks as well.  Think it was against Portsmouth.

Didn't Simmo get a hat trick against Portsmouth at the BBG which resulted in Jim Smith getting the sack?