Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

18 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The bookies are offering odds of 1/500 on us going up. If we do it - am I right in saying  our lads will get a trophy and medals at the end of the match ? Only a little silver -plated cup , but better than nothing .

Don't know about any presentation but... I did see odds of 1/1000 on us going up.

1 hour ago, TINMANTED said:

the last time we played Carlisle in the last home game of the season,iirc,was 74/75,when we won the league.a dour 0-0,but boy what a party

Remember this well i was 12 years old at the time,to be honest i would take the same dour game and result

19 hours ago, AndyB said:

I doubt the starting 11 will change unless there’s any injuries. The interesting calls might be on the bench if a few more are available.

Surely Bird for Thompson if he is fully fit. Even if he only has 60 mins in him. 

5 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Why play Bird when he's going ? 

Because he’s a good player, who has contributed well to the cause over the last few years and could still play one final part in getting us promoted…

For reference, as it stands Adams, Hourihane, Sibley, Smith, Thompson and Bird are all “going” so we should maybe just play Fornah in midfield on Saturday 😉 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Because he’s a good player, who has contributed well to the cause over the last few years and could still play one final part in getting us promoted…

For reference, as it stands Adams, Hourihane, Sibley, Smith, Thompson and Bird are all “going” so we should maybe just play Fornah in midfield on Saturday 😉 

I’d make a prediction that no more than four of the team that plays tomorrow will be in the side for the first game of next season.

5 hours ago, Top Lino said:

Got a feeling that our nerves on Saturday will be settled when news comes through that Peterborough have taken the lead against Bolton. We will then go on to claim a comfortable victory in our game.

Depends if Peterborough put six past Cheltenham tonight!

34 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’d make a prediction that no more than four of the team that plays tomorrow will be in the side for the first game of next season.

Saturday? 
But yeah, I think we’ll see many changes to the side and squad over the summer. Really don’t get the sentiment of those who don’t want Bird to play because he’s moving on, he’s one of our best players and can help seal promotion, would rather use his ability on Saturday than not. 

Sometimes football can bite ya on ya bum...Peterborough 1 Carlisle 3, Ferguson said every one of his players scores 3 for performance, I expect a win, No if's, Ands or buts, We have the squad to win no doubt about it, History is what it is...in the past, Only we remember Derby 0 Carlisle 0 or Derby 0 Reading 3.

This is "only Derby can fcuk it up"...nope a win, So much so...I've bailed from sleepy Belper...to go on the lash in Town, Gonna be some sore heads come Sunday.

Come on you...image.png.e05e24c29396c2dafd8e384fe10d693e.png

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Saturday? 
But yeah, I think we’ll see many changes to the side and squad over the summer. Really don’t get the sentiment of those who don’t want Bird to play because he’s moving on, he’s one of our best players and can help seal promotion, would rather use his ability on Saturday than not. 

Oops! Overexcitement! 
Can’t wait til Saturday