Match Thread: vs Portsmouth (a)

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where else should I post? There are enough spam threads about.

My opinion on Warne isn’t even that drastic. I’ve seen far worse on here.

I apologise for having higher expectations and wanting to play a better brand of football.

When you look at Plymouth and Sheff Wed struggling up there, it doesn’t bode well playing like this at League One level.

Perhaps some awareness of the situation would be advisable. We just got a point away at the league leaders and people are happy. You could let people be happy instead of posting negativity straightaway.

Brave performance. That’s three time this season we’ve been ahead against them and been pegged back. We’d be home and hosed by now if we’d hung onto just some of those winning positions. . But we must now get something at Wycombe,  and if we play with the same heart then no reason why we won’t.

Edited by Matchday Fred

Disappointed not to take all three points, after such a hard-worked performance following getting the lead. We could’ve used some calmer heads on the ball to retain possession, but understand that our game plan was to be committed on the break - and it nearly worked. A good rest now. Bristol Rovers have been in terrible form recently so not sure I expect them to slow Bolton down, but hopefully we can get the win against Wycombe the following week to keep Portsmouth honest for the Bolton game.

I doubt this will be done by the last game, the Carlisle one promises to be a tense home game. 

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where else should I post? There are enough spam threads about.

My opinion on Warne isn’t even that drastic. I’ve seen far worse on here.

I apologise for having higher expectations and wanting to play a better brand of football.

When you look at Plymouth and Sheff Wed struggling up there, it doesn’t bode well playing like this at League One level.

Tbh I agree with you 

5 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

Disappointed we couldn't hang on but would have taken a point all day long if offered it before kick off.

Can we please start practicing what we want to do with throw ins

This .  Looks like their trying to work out a NASA manual for launching rockets.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

But why post such a negative comment after an entertaining game of football when we've just earned a deserved point away from home against the league leaders?

Clearly trying to ruin the mood and wind people up.

I don't really know, but I would say that declaring someone to have a sad life is a bit harsh when you've (probably) never met them. It's difficult to ascertain the motivation of people from the odd post. You might be right, I don't know, but the simple thing to do is ignore it. If you're right he will get bored and stop.

I'm not on this forum often enough to know if he's winding people up or not - I have much more important things to do with my life than attend this thing every hour - but it strikes me that you can just ignore what you don't like.

Just now, DB83 said:

It is an absolute disgrace that we have just lost 5-0 against the team who are bottom of the league, Warne absolutely needs to be fired, preferably tonight.

Oh given his post match interview in which some minor inflection or mannerism or comment i didn't find funny was made, probably should be hung drawn and quartered in the Wycomb car park.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Really 🙄

Sitting 11 behind a ball when every player has been slipping all game and not put press on them yes! I was happy with a point before the game but we played into there hands collins to be defending for there goal wheres the midfield? In our fibal 1/4 of the pitch and they score because you only hald collins that far forward is shocking! 

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Poor second half we needed high press, tried to sit behing the ball another 2 points thrown away! Too many time warne sitting behind the ball kills us

Why high press??

Just because Man City and Liverpool do it, does it mean everyone does? Our shape and discipline were outstanding. We were comfortable. They created nothing. There was no space, everything was in front. Just because they had 70 odd percent possession means nothing. We were not holding on. We were sitting deep, but they were getting frustrated. A wonder strike was the difference. A high press is what they would want, opening gaps to exploit. 

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

I don't really know, but I would say that declaring someone to have a sad life is a bit harsh when you've (probably) never met them. It's difficult to ascertain the motivation of people from the odd post. You might be right, I don't know, but the simple thing to do is ignore it. If you're right he will get bored and stop.

I'm not on this forum often enough to know if he's winding people up or not - I have much more important things to do with my life than attend this thing every hour - but it strikes me that you can just ignore what you don't like.

Previously banned for Wumming. Allowed back by David.

Nothing wrong with second chances. But you lose the benefit of the doubt.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yeah, posting it in the matchday thread just as we secure a crucial point isn't obvious wumming at all. 

I'm serious. 

You need to understand that Bris in his long and active career in the upper echelons of journalism and football (including a minor ( declared to the EFL) shareholding in Melchester Rovers when they were in the Champions league) qualifies him to run a football club with his unique insight in to tactics, management, finance, transfers and business management. Follow his lead and suggestions and we’ll be in Europe within 4 years. He doesn’t have opinions like the rest of us. He is a sage, a font of all wisdom, Fergy, Wenger Jose, hung on every word 

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps some awareness of the situation would be advisable. We just got a point away at the league leaders and people are happy. You could let people be happy instead of posting negativity straightaway.

I’m not sure how calling this fixture a Championship one next season can be deemed negative. 

We are going up.