Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

41 minutes ago, Artram said:

Bolton looked slightly slicker in the middle third but when you look at the overall stats we had more shots, higher ExG and the same number of shots on target. Apart from Wildsmiths save they didn’t seem to have too many clear chances.

Would have taken a draw coming into it so over the moon with the win.

Does Bradley come back in for Fozzy or does Fozzy keep his spot? I’d be inclined to keep him in

Keep him in.

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Boltons manager saying our goal was handball 😂 where on earth has he had that from. Extremely salty in his interview, lovely stuff.

Someone posted before the game that no-one disliked Evatt, but he's well known among supporters of L1 and L2 clubs for his snark.

Edited by Crewton

Amazing result and a huge boost for the run in. We’ve really put our destiny in our own hands now.

To not play well and win against our promotion rivals shows huge character, just a handful of games to go and keep our nerve.

Thought Wildsmith and the three CB’s did really well, especially Foz who looked like he’d never been away. 

Adams was a colossus again and NML had a pretty good game. Also a word for Wilson who would be the last player I’d expect to head that home. 

Must admit the triple sub really concerned me. It certainly knocked us off our stride and the Elder one looked like we were preparing to hold on and knock something if we could. And so it proved. Can’t criticise big calls like that from the manager when they go right.

Got a weeks rest now. Lets keep the momentum up!

Edited by Ramarena

15 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Great result, wasnt pretty but who gives a fook

dug in , worked theyre socks off to a man.

still think theres a twist or two yet with our lack of striking options 

All our best players today were defenders . Wildsmith M o M for me . Been waiting 2 years to get the PP atmosphere to what it can be .

This was one of those games where all that mattered was the result. There was nothing in it at all. I said to my son at half time that a set piece would win it. Thankfully it went our way. Not free flowing football but who cares. I thought actually losing Gayle helped us to a certain degree as we were losing the midfield battle. Atmosphere superb. A wonderful day out with my boy 😊🐏