Portsmouth Away moved for TV

8 minutes ago, AGR said:

This needs regulating now. If the away supporters are unable to get home via train it shouldn't be allowed, simple as.

The only train back to derby after the match takes 8hrs 40min

You aint seen nuffin yet 🙄

From 2024/25 to 2028/29, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of: 328 Sky Bet Championship matches; 248 Sky Bet League One matches

4 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

You aint seen nuffin yet 🙄

From 2024/25 to 2028/29, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of: 328 Sky Bet Championship matches; 248 Sky Bet League One matches

It’s about time SKY paid to charter trains and bus travel to compensate away fans for their stupid o’clock ko times.

24 minutes ago, AGR said:

This needs regulating now. If the away supporters are unable to get home via train it shouldn't be allowed, simple as.

The only train back to derby after the match takes 8hrs 40min

There's bound to be someone on here with contacts... wonder if EMR fancy running a special St Pancras to Derby service at around 02:05 departure from London? Or CrossCountry a 23:50ish from Southampton? Either would be preferable to a night in Pompey!

Not that it should even be an issue if fans were even considered ahead of money!

As a selfish oaf, I'm good with this.  
More likely to be doing "other stuff" on a BH Monday afternoon.  I can now pay the £11.99 for a NowTV day pass, and sit comfortably watching from my sofa (or cowering from behind it!)  
But that's me... not even a half fan, in the grand scheme of things.

As a caring person however, I feel livid on behalf of those that matter... those that travel far and wide, week in, week out, for little reward and even less gratitude, all in the name of loyalty and love towards our beloved footy team.
Some may have to literally cancel their plans, purely due to the "impossibility" of the travel.
Others will have to follow a BH weekend by having to book time off work on the Tuesday to travel there, and the Wednesday to factor in the journey home/late hours.

It truly is a pish take!  

All I can say is, we'd better win, go top, and those that do travel spend the evening singing anti-Sky chants!  I'll even be hypocritical, and join in from my sofa!

🐏

1 hour ago, cstand said:

It’s about time SKY paid to charter trains and bus travel to compensate away fans for their stupid o’clock ko times.

Ah bless ya cstand 😉,  Sky and it's billions of £s run the game today...you know it, I know it, The majority on here should know it, The demand for the game in England is in wanted world wide...the supporter here doesn't count for didley squat 👍

I booked the hotel for Sunday and Monday night and then drive back on Tuesday.

My wife has a long standing hospital appointment on the Wednesday morning.

The hotel was £20 a night more for cancellation which I didn’t think was worth paying, so now I’ll use the £40 saved towards staying Tuesday night and then set off back home about 7am.

Cheers SKY.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

As a selfish oaf, I'm good with this.  
More likely to be doing "other stuff" on a BH Monday afternoon.  I can now pay the £11.99 for a NowTV day pass, and sit comfortably watching from my sofa (or cowering from behind it!)  
But that's me... not even a half fan, in the grand scheme of things.

As a caring person however, I feel livid on behalf of those that matter... those that travel far and wide, week in, week out, for little reward and even less gratitude, all in the name of loyalty and love towards our beloved footy team.
Some may have to literally cancel their plans, purely due to the "impossibility" of the travel.
Others will have to follow a BH weekend by having to book time off work on the Tuesday to travel there, and the Wednesday to factor in the journey home/late hours.

It truly is a pish take!  

All I can say is, we'd better win, go top, and those that do travel spend the evening singing anti-Sky chants!  I'll even be hypocritical, and join in from my sofa!

🐏

The match would’ve been streamable on Rams TV anyway as it’s not a Saturday 3pm match so it being sky hasn’t really changed things for people watching it at home etc.

4 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

The match would’ve been streamable on Rams TV anyway as it’s not a Saturday 3pm match so it being sky hasn’t really changed things for people watching it at home etc.

I did loosely consider the RamsTV thing when posting, but hadn't realised about the Sat 3pm criteria thing.  I should have realised!
So yes, with that, I'll save myself a couple of quid and put my tenner to RamsTV... and still sing the anti-Sky songs.  Win Win!  🍻👍