Match Thread: vs Port Vale (H)

Rampant

39 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Nobody need worry today. I’m not going to be there as feeling poorly. But that will definitely mean the performance of the season and a 6-0 tanking of poor Port Vale. It will be a case of PW’s teamtalk being something along the lines of “Hear Lazlo (not his real name) isn’t coming today, so we can take a break from making him miserable and revert to all out total football! Do you hear me, you can pass it through the middle and everything!”

As I refuse to listen to Radio Derby, particularly as it would make me feel even more ill, I shall be relying on you good people to provide me with your normal upbeat, informative and not at all knee jerk reactions to what is going on. Sure I’ll feel better in no time 😘

So it's Lazlo W?

I've always read it as Laz, Isle of Wight, and silently saluted your long distance support!

This is the start of an important month.  4 out of 6 games at home should be an advantage but our home form has been a bit patchy. It really needs to come together starting today.

Listening to Warne’s pre-match I think we’ll see 3 at the back.  Wildsmith in goal and a back 3 of Nelson, Bradley & Cashin.  Wilson & Sibley wingbacks, Adams, Bird & Hourihane in midfield with Gayle & NML up front.  COYR 🐏.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Couldn’t agree more, Pep said about Luton pre match via Man City’s website;

Guardiola expects the Hatters to provide just as tough a proposition this time around.

“They have the courage to play, face the challenge without any fear, and after it’s not just that,” he said.

“They play direct into channels they have ability to build up the patterns are so clear.

“They play really, really good with the football. Quite similar to Bournemouth for the way they play but it’s Premier League and the FA Cup and I would not expect different from my experience these years I have been in England.”

It’s common practice for managers at all levels to offer some well mannered professional courtesy towards their opponents.

Boooo!! Pep out!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Today has all the hallmarks of it turning toxic if we start poorly and concede. 

Yep. Hopefully in that case they'll do what they did on Tuesday and storm out of the ground.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Just want to see an attacking lineup today. We've seen Warne do it before so I hope he goes back to it.

We cannot be playing 7 defensive players at pride park. 

PV are a team to fear. We need to set up to counter their threat. Hopefully we can sneak a goal from a random piece of luck.

It's not so much the players we play being defensive or attacking, the mentality of cling on once we have a nose in front is what is frustraiting.

Lets hope for a front foot forward performance whoever is in the side and a convincing win to let everyone know we are now in the Month of march and we can all start to sing "Springtime for Paul Warne, winter for bolton and tykes"

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's not so much the players we play being defensive or attacking, the mentality of cling on once we have a nose in front is what is frustraiting.

Lets hope for a front foot forward performance whoever is in the side and a convincing win to let everyone know we are now in the Month of march and we can all start to sing "Springtime for Paul Warne, winter for bolton and tykes"

Agee.

We should sort out a bonus system whereby the bonus is quadrupled if we win having been 2 or more goals in front at some stage.