Match Thread: vs Port Vale (H)

Rampant

I do like to get a feel of how away fans forums see up and coming matches against Derby.

Thereโ€™s currently nine pages of doom and gloom regards Saturdays fixture on onevalefan.

โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Ouch! ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Letโ€™sย pull no punches. We are crap.

Our options are severely limited. Our confidence is shot. If we concede, we generally fold like a pack of cards. The fans are separated from the club. We are coming off the back of playing one of the worst clubs in the league, who we happened to let them have 20 shots at our goal. We canโ€™t defend. We have a striker who, quite frankly, needs a change of a career, because a footballer he most certainly isnโ€™t. Weโ€™re relying on kids and loanees to get us out of this. Our subs are absolute gamechangers. Sadly they change the game for the opposition. And we are about to go up against a raucous 25,000 crowd, inย their back yard, going for promotion.

I mean, honestly, what could go wrong?!!

ย 

If Nyambe and Elder are both injured:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Vickers

Smith. ย  ย  ย  Cash. ย  ย  Nelson. ย  ย  Sibbo

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Adams

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Bird. ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Conor

NML. ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Gayle. ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Barks

Letโ€™s not worry too much about Port Vale Warney and highlight what a massive threat they are to us. Let us focus on going out to win a football match.

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely no reason for us to set up in any other way than positively for this one. If we go in all meek and worried about their strengths it would be criminal.

They should be worried about us, let's give them something to worry about with the way we set up.

You have to get out of dreamland,and remember we are in warneworld,but we can live in hope

3 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

ย 

ย 

6 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I do like to get a feel of how away fans forums see up and coming matches against Derby.

Thereโ€™s currently nine pages of doom and gloom regards Saturdays fixture on onevalefan.

โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Ouch! ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

If we concede, we generally fold like a pack of cards.ย 

ย 

Who will win? The team that folds like a pack of cards when they go 1-0 down or the team that folds like a pack of cards when they go 1-0 up?

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta
Quoted two comments by accident.

We need NML back on form.

Without him we donโ€™t have anyone who can change it up and drive at the opposition.ย 

I was rather hoping CBT would offer that too. I hope he gets a start and that he gets the Derby experience of acclaim from 25,000 fans. This presumably is why he signed.

If we get both of them flying then DG will be busy ๐Ÿ˜Š
ย 

40 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We need NML back on form.

Without him we donโ€™t have anyone who can change it up and drive at the opposition.ย 

I was rather hoping CBT would offer that too. I hope he gets a start and that he gets the Derby experience of acclaim from 25,000 fans. This presumably is why he signed.

If we get both of them flying then DG will be busy ๐Ÿ˜Š
ย 

I think we're getting to the point where it's essential if he's not the new Croft/Teale/Camara/Jozefzoon.ย  Blimey, we've had some wingers.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think we're getting to the point where it's essential if he's not the new Croft/Teale/Camara/Jozefzoon.ย  Blimey, we've had some wingers.

I think he has to find a way to get more early ball and thatโ€™s not by standing behind a full back with his arms in the air.

The midfield could try the wall pass method of using a forward like Gayle or Collins to pass first time to him beyond the full back but I donโ€™t think theyโ€™re scheduled to practice that til May.

46 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Teale used to be sh##e , but now hes alright .

50 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think he has to find a way to get more early ball and thatโ€™s not by standing behind a full back with his arms in the air.

The midfield could try the wall pass method of using a forward like Gayle or Collins to pass first time to him beyond the full back but I donโ€™t think theyโ€™re scheduled to practice that til May.

He won't get the ball here playing as an out and out winger.ย  He'll have to show just over the halfway line or move inside. to get it.

Scott Minto reckoned he was a championship level winger and we'd got a great deal.ย  He needs a couple of games to see if he's any good or if we've broke another one.

This is assuming Nyambe is injured...

Wildsmith
Smith - Nelson - Cashin - Sibley
Bird - Adams - Hourihane
NML - Gayle - CBT

Subs: Vickers, Wilson, Bradley, Thompson, Fornah, Barks, Waghorn

CBT has looked like he hasnt seen a football in his life, hope it's just a blip,

Smith filling in at RB to get some much needed solidity,

Nelson and Cashin (who I think are statistically the best partnership in the league) back together, no idea why Warne played him as a LB, almost as if he pulled his name out of a hat,

Hourihane has to start if fit, regardless of him becoming somewhat of a scapegoat - the long ball to Gayle will not work, he's not that kind of player. Hourihane there to come and collect each and every short pass from Wildsmith, something which was almost non-existant on Tuesday,

Very strong bench.

ย 

Edited by Waghorny

19 hours ago, JPRamFan said:

I wasn't happy with Wildsmith either the other night, but I don't think Thompson is the solution in goal.๐Ÿ˜‚

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Can he even reach the cross bar?ย 

Assume he means Jack Thompson from the youth team? Extremely talented young 'keeper and will hopefully become a first team regular at some point... not sure this is the right kind of pressure to throw him into straight away though!

(Fitness dependent) I'd start with:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Wildsmith
Wilsonย  Nelsonย  Cashinย  Elder
ย  ย  ย  ย  Birdย  Adamsย  Sibley
ย NMLย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Barkhuizen
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Gayle

Let the other team alter their game to deal with us for once instead of the other way around! COYRย ๐Ÿ

41 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Birds not our player anymore and Hourihane wonโ€™t be at the end of the season, give minutes to Fornah and Thompson. Stick them in front of Adams and letโ€™s give our midfield some legs.

Would agree with this sentiment if we weren't pushing for promotion, but we are - should be playing our best players regardless of their futures

14 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Would anyone on here pick Bradley in the starting 11 for this game? Anyone?

Not even Warne's disciples would pick Bradley looking at their line-ups - pretty telling.

Anyroad, I'd just settle for getting some defenders off the park. Flat back 4 please, Korey Smith at RB if Nyambe is injured & let's actually play like a 2nd placed team at home against a relegation contender. Dominate the ball, dominate the territory.

Hourihane, Blackett-Taylor & Waghorn to come on later in the game once their 'Cup Final' energy has subsided somewhat.

image.png.838d64ee06bbca7f8b828fe2c0a4c3b0.png

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Not even Warne's disciples would pick Bradley looking at their line-ups - pretty telling.

Anyroad, I'd just settle for getting some defenders off the park. Flat back 4 please, Korey Smith at RB if Nyambe is injured & let's actually play like a 2nd placed team at home against a relegation contender. Dominate the ball, dominate the territory.

Hourihane, Blackett-Taylor & Waghorn to come on later in the game once their 'Cup Final' energy has subsided somewhat.

image.png.838d64ee06bbca7f8b828fe2c0a4c3b0.png

Or possibly?

Wildsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Smith Adams Bird Sibley

NML Gayle CBT/Barks

ย 

Or possibly? ๐Ÿ˜„

Wildsmith

Smith Nelson Bradley Cashin

Adams Bird Hourihane

NML Gayle CBT/Barks

Edit: more like to be Wilson than Smith at FB. Who knows what it'll be. ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Waghorny said:

This is assuming Nyambe is injured...

Wildsmith
Smith - Nelson - Cashin - Sibley
Bird - Adams - Hourihane
NML - Gayle - CBT

Subs: Vickers, Wilson, Bradley, Thompson, Fornah, Barks, Waghorn

CBT has looked like he hasnt seen a football in his life, hope it's just a blip,

Smith filling in at RB to get some much needed solidity,

Nelson and Cashin (who I think are statistically the best partnership in the league) back together, no idea why Warne played him as a LB, almost as if he pulled his name out of a hat,

Hourihane has to start if fit, regardless of him becoming somewhat of a scapegoat - the long ball to Gayle will not work, he's not that kind of player. Hourihane there to come and collect each and every short pass from Wildsmith, something which was almost non-existant on Tuesday,

Very strong bench.

ย 

Barks for CBT and itโ€™s a deal ๐Ÿ˜Š