Match Thread: vs Port Vale (H)

Rampant

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Either a back 3 of Nelson, Cashin and Bradley with Ward and Sibley at wing back? Or a back 4 of…..someone…it’s a 3 isn’t it. Some sort of 3-4-3?

Wildsmith

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Ward     Adams      Bird          Sibley

NML        Gayle     Barkhuizen 

Yep, think it well be that. Need to be wary of Port Vales’s attacking threat so need to be a bit cautious 😊

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

My guess is

Wildsmith  

Nelson.     Bradley.     Cash

ward.       Adams.      Bird       Sibs

NML.             Barks

Gayle

As always, I don’t mind it, provided it gets the job done and that’s always the big question isn’t it. I can’t remember who but someone pointed out the other week how Ward’s crossing could benefit Gayle and I can see it, I know it’s a back 3 but it’s actually a fair amount of attacking intent. Ward prefers to attack than defend, Sibley the same, Barkhuizen and NML both have assists and goals in them, Bird can run a game from deep as we’ve seen a couple of times this season… wait and see I guess 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

5 at the back, at home, after 2 defeats? Surely Paul isn't going with the "just try to not lose" mentality, it's that exact mentality that has cost us dearly 2 games on the trot.

The man is absolutely clueless and will cost us promotion this season and its becoming bloody infuriating. Please for the love of God David, Clowes or the fella on here, send Warne packing.

Apart from that, Come On You Rams!

stuff like this even before the game has started 

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Don’t understand the moaning for the team. Yes I’d rather not have 5 at the back, but in PW defence, nobody has looked comfortable at right back other than Nyambe. 

At least it’s 343 and not 352.

Seriously, you don't understand the moaning. It's par for the course after the line up is announced no matter what (not a pop at you by the way)

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We pursue cbt all window instead of going for a striker who was badly needed and he can’t even get a look in while we play 3 at the back with wingbacks against a team who struggle to score and are down the bottom. Makes the transfer look pointless just give the guy a go 

Now this I do agree with, in hindsight I don’t get why we didn’t use that remaining alleged £300k “pot” to get a striker in….BUUUTT we didn’t and that’s that. Still plenty of chance for him to contribute before the season ends 

As I said before, if you do logical things and don’t get logical outcomes, people are more forgiving.

But picking Ward when he hasn’t had a look in for weeks and has been playing with the under 21s makes no sense to me.

Picking Barkhuizen who has 1 good game for every 6-7 forgettable ones over your marquee January signing who will only adapt with game time makes no sense to me.

Picking Bradley when it disrupts our strongest partnership of Nelson and Cashin again makes no sense to me.

Let’s hope we blow Port Vale away and win 3-0 because if not the pressure will crank up on Warne over his team selections because this one looks very muddled.

One of there Midfielders is 16 years old. Surly we won’t get battered in there like we usually do today. Won’t be Hourihanes fault if we do however if he’s not playing so will have to look elsewhere. Should be comfortable today.

Edited by McMuffin

1 minute ago, McMuffin said:

One of there CM’s is 16 years old. Surly we won’t get battered in there like we usually do today. Won’t be Hourihanes fault if we do however if he’s not playing so will have to look elsewhere. Should be comfortable today.

16? Bloody hell.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

With a few posters it's never stopped.

Instead of trying to cause an argument on here why not give your opinion the other way in a positive spin instead of digs at fellow posters in a forum for opinions which people are entitled too!! 

I read posts from both points of view pro warne negative warne and can see valid points from both. One opinion is no more valid than the other