Match Thread: vs Port Vale (H)

Rampant

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

@Dcfcsr92 care to express with words what it is in my above post that deserves a laughing emoji? It’s just my opinion of course based on the results that have happened of late compared to earlier in the season, but I don’t see what’s wrong with my observations so perhaps you can enlighten me with conversation? 
Have we or have we not won games this season by taking the lead then scoring more as the opposition chase the game? Burton away, Peterborough away (granted they scored first), Blackpool away, Exeter home and away, Barnsley at home, Fleetwood away, Northampton at home, Burton at home (until we had an inexplicable brief collapse and found a late winner).
There are examples where Warne’s approach to scoring first chaotic football has proved fruitful, if we can get back to that over for these last games of the season, as I think it’s clear we’re not going to be controlling many (if any) games, then that’s probably the most likely route to success. Just my opinion of course but it’s based on some observed logic. 

I didnt mean to put a laughing emoji, i achually think your about right with what you have said. I think alot of its negative football which warne is happy with but im not saying anymore as people will moan about comments about warnes style before we have even kicked off. I just hope for 3 points so everyone can enjoy their saturdays 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Either a back 3 of Nelson, Cashin and Bradley with Ward and Sibley at wing back? Or a back 4 of…..someone…it’s a 3 isn’t it. Some sort of 3-4-3?

Wildsmith

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Ward     Adams      Bird          Sibley

NML        Gayle     Barkhuizen 

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I didnt mean to put a laughing emoji, i achually think your about right with what you have said. I think alot of its negative football which warne is happy with but im not saying anymore as people will moan about comments about warnes style before we have even kicked off. I just hope for 3 points so everyone can enjoy their saturdays 

I’d had a bad nights sleep and no breakfast, take no notice of me 🤣 

Joe Ward?

Wow. Three centre backs at home against a struggling side and an out of form wing back.

Brave. I really hope it works.

Last time we tried two wing backs with no pace it didn’t work but you never know.

We pursue cbt all window instead of going for a striker who was badly needed and he can’t even get a look in while we play 3 at the back with wingbacks against a team who struggle to score and are down the bottom. Makes the transfer look pointless just give the guy a go 

5 at the back, at home, after 2 defeats? Surely Paul isn't going with the "just try to not lose" mentality, it's that exact mentality that has cost us dearly 2 games on the trot.

The man is absolutely clueless and will cost us promotion this season and its becoming bloody infuriating. Please for the love of God David, Clowes or the fella on here, send Warne packing.

Apart from that, Come On You Rams!

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Either a back 3 of Nelson, Cashin and Bradley with Ward and Sibley at wing back? Or a back 4 of…..someone…it’s a 3 isn’t it. Some sort of 3-4-3?

Wildsmith

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Ward     Adams      Bird          Sibley

NML        Gayle     Barkhuizen 

Absolutely no guile in midfield