Match Thread: vs Port Vale (H)

Rampant

2 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We need 5 at the back, a sweeper and 3 defensive midfielders for this one. Port Vale are a really good team and have athletes all over the park and good players at this level. 3 months ago they passed the ball through midfield so we’ll need to avoid that area at all costs. Make it into a battle and get it wide and whip it in for the big man up front. Keep this tight and hope to nick one late on then add another defender. It’s a tough game and they’ll have some fans there so we are probably the underdogs and must approach the game with caution. 
 COYR - #Believe

That only leaves Bradley up front!

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We need 5 at the back, a sweeper and 3 defensive midfielders for this one. Port Vale are a really good team and have athletes all over the park and good players at this level. 3 months ago they passed the ball through midfield so we’ll need to avoid that area at all costs. Make it into a battle and get it wide and whip it in for the big man up front. Keep this tight and hope to nick one late on then add another defender. It’s a tough game and they’ll have some fans there so we are probably the underdogs and must approach the game with caution. 
 COYR - #Believe

Full House 90S Tv GIF

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

We need NML back on form.

Without him we don’t have anyone who can change it up and drive at the opposition. 

I was rather hoping CBT would offer that too. I hope he gets a start and that he gets the Derby experience of acclaim from 25,000 fans. This presumably is why he signed.

If we get both of them flying then DG will be busy 😊

I’d start CBT. Show some confidence in the lad. No easy games from now until the end of the season, so might as well stick him in against a team low on confidence. Replace with Barks after half-time if he’s blowin’!

Wildsmith (only by virtue of JV being unavailable)

Smith Nels Cash Sibs

Wilson.      Adams         CBT

Bird

NML        Gayle

Subs Loach, Bradley, Ward, Hourihane, Thommo, Barks. Waggy.

Sibs will have to be disciplined in defending. He can do it if he concentrates for 90 minutes!

Listen To Me Shut Up GIF by Paramount+

35 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

set up 4-2-3-1 and go at them. They must be fragile confidence wise so high tempo, high press and get men in the box. They're a shambles and we need to take advantage. 

That’s an absolute certainty we have to take the game to them. Set up with 4 at the back. One holding cdm in Adam’s with forward options ahead with bird and hourihane. In with him. 

Ohh wait I forgot warne was picking the team. 

46 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

set up 4-2-3-1 and go at them. They must be fragile confidence wise so high tempo, high press and get men in the box. They're a shambles and we need to take advantage. 

This. We let to many sides in poor form get a grip early on, don’t let them grow into the game and we win it, start fast win the game but we start slow to often

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

COYR - #Believe

Hi Paul

29 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

That’s an absolute certainty we have to take the game to them. Set up with 4 at the back. One holding cdm in Adam’s with forward options ahead with bird and hourihane. In with him. 

Ohh wait I forgot warne was picking the team. 

We got it from all the other posts you’ve made in this thread today, you don’t rate Warne and you don’t think he’ll pick a good team or set us up to win. You don’t need to keep repeating it, we hear you, others have seen the posts I’m sure, I’m openly acknowledging it, hopefully you feel validated now.

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We got it from all the other posts you’ve made in this thread today, you don’t rate Warne and you don’t think he’ll pick a good team or set us up to win. You don’t need to keep repeating it, we hear you, others have seen the posts I’m sure, I’m openly acknowledging it, hopefully you feel validated now.

FFS Caerphilly I can’t believe you don’t see what everyone’s saying, Warne sets up so negative week in week out, why don’t we have a good old go with an attacking set up at home in front of 25,000 fans and if we fail at least we can say we had a go ?

7 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

FFS Caerphilly I can’t believe you don’t see what everyone’s saying, Warne sets up so negative week in week out, why don’t we have a good old go with an attacking set up at home in front of 25,000 fans and if we fail at least we can say we had a go ?

I do see what everyone’s saying, that’s my point, there can’t even be a calm objective chat about how we might like to see the side line up before the game tomorrow without people making their thoughts on Warne repeatedly known.

I have long since accepted Warne is the manager, posters who can’t accept that repeatedly and REPEATEDLY shouting about him and his approach across every thread isn’t changing that fact, it just makes the forum pretty much unreadable. There can’t be any dialogue without people jumping in with digs about Warne, it’s pretty much an echo chamber of the same comments on here at the moment regardless of what the thread is supposed to be about. 

Also my earlier post says I want us set up to have a go and win comfortably. I don’t think it’s how Warne will set us up but it’s sometimes just nice trying to discuss the team and the prospects for tomorrow without the negativity. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

8 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Have you actually read @Caerphilly Ram’s post? 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Also my earlier post says I want us set up to have a go and win comfortably. I don’t think it’s how Warne will set us up but it’s sometimes just nice trying to discuss the team and the prospects for tomorrow without the negativity. 

We simply don't have the quality in the squad, or the energy levels to win games comfortably. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

We simply don't have the quality in the squad, or the energy levels to win games comfortably. 

I think IF Warne can get the lineup right, and the team execute things like they were a couple of months back we do.

Warne’s approach (in my opinion) has always leant itself well to scoring early then as the opponent chases the game we exploit it using our better players and slightly improved fitness. It’s happened in games this season, but somehow the last few weeks has seen that approach evaporate and we score early then wet the bed and retreat inviting the opposition to get back into things. Whether that’s Warne, the players, or most likely a combination of both they need to sort it asap so we can get back some positive momentum. 

I agree Caerphilly and I have to say I read your posts and your very level headed with your opinions even tho I am sat on the other side of the fence, Warne for me is way to negative and I do wonder sometimes is it him, the coach or the players?  I don’t believe he is the right man for Derby County, but we are still 2nd in the league and still have chance of promotion, do I think we will get there no, let’s hope I’m wrong 🤔

3 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

I agree Caerphilly and I have to say I read your posts and your very level headed with your opinions even tho I am sat on the other side of the fence, Warne for me is way to negative and I do wonder sometimes is it him, the coach or the players?  I don’t believe he is the right man for Derby County, but we are still 2nd in the league and still have chance of promotion, do I think we will get there no, let’s hope I’m wrong 🤔

I absolutely get the concerns plenty of people have about Warne, it’s just the way I see it the manager is not changing for the moment, so I sit in hope that he and the team can get back to the way they played in the slightly more enjoyable games this season than the less so. They’ve all shown it’s possible for us to win by 2 or 3 goals, he and they need to work out how to get back to that. My thoughts are that it can start tomorrow with a good win to restore a bit of faith, provided he does pick a side to do so 

6 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Blackett-Taylor must start tomorrow for me.

Pearce said during his interview with Radio Derby that Blackett-Taylor and I quote was  “ our number one target” during the January transfer window.

We spend time chasing and signing an out and out winger with a good reputation at this level and throughout the league when starting in a front three.  If ever he needed a bit of a confidence booster then starting against, on current form, the worst team in this league is a must. 

Mendez-Lang, Gayle, Blackett-Taylor up front, couple of full backs bombing on, advanced midfielders getting into the box, Adam’s in front of Nelson and Cashin and a sprinkling of attacking intent is all I ask for! 👍🐏

Tough. You'll get 5 at the back and you'll be grateful.