Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

59 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

What a STUPID, STUPID, STUPID fiotball club.

Has anybody told them that we are supposed to play football.

If by some sheer fluke we scrape through the play-offs I will not be going to Wembley. They players don’t deserve it

If we get there  the players WILL have deserved it. Anyway surely top 2 is still our target

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Two things I hate about losing. 

1 Well obviously we’ve lost, got no points, the table doesn’t look quite as good and the weekend feels a bit of a downer. 

2 The oh so predictable comments from the Warne Haters who all know better cos of their vast experience playing in the Sunday league or on Xbox. 

So in your eyes is no one ever to critisise any of his decision making for the rest of the season then? By god to have an opinion on a fans forum unless it follows your own 

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

1 Well obviously we’ve lost, got no points, the table doesn’t look quite as good and the weekend feels a bit of a downer. 

2 The oh so predictable comments from the Warne Haters who all know better cos of their vast experience playing in the Sunday league or on Xbox. 

🥱

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

How many negative opinions do you have to post (on a forum designed for opinions) before you qualify as a Warne hater?

Just now, Barney1991 said:

So in your eyes is no one ever to critisise any of his decision making for the rest of the season then? By god to have an opinion on a fans forum unless it follows your own 

There's a difference between criticising decision making, and reading comments like "if we go up it'll be in spite of Paul Warne". Sometimes it's like some are itching for us to lose just so they can get their teeth in to the manager.

Thank god we're not Bolton, if we lost 4-1 today with Cashin being sent off then it would be mayhem on here.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

There's a difference between criticising decision making, and reading comments like "if we go up it'll be in spite of Paul Warne". Sometimes it's like some are itching for us to lose just so they can get their teeth in to the manager.

Thank god we're not Bolton, if we lost 4-1 today with Cashin being sent off then it would be mayhem on here.

In the other instances I see is some people give an opinion about a tactical change or critisise his decision making and then get abusive comments from the warne lovers. It needs to be looked at from both angles 

So many get fixated by individual match results but really the only thing that matters in the promotion challenge is to maintain a rolling 10points return across the last five games. It doesn’t matter where the points come from - they all count the same value. If we keep that rolling two pints per game average we’ll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

And even after today’s game, we are still at 10 points from the last five games. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

We'd deserve it too.

We were ordinary at best today, which as has been said plenty of times is fine when you win (or draw away) but when you don't then it's worthy of criticism. I'm cheering Warne on btw because I don't want another season in this awful division where's its seen as acceptable to play 'chaotic' football, as it's necessary to be more concerned with the opposition and that's what this league is like.

17 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Exactly surely at this stage in the season and the position we're in people can park the hokey-cokeyness of their opinion on Warne aside until the season has concluded. It's like saying shoot the horse when it's neck and neck when it's coming on to the final straight. 

Edited by eddielewis

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We'd deserve it too.

We were ordinary at best today, which as has been said plenty of times is fine when you win (or draw away) but when you don't then it's worthy of criticism. I'm cheering Warne on btw because I don't want another season in this awful division where's its seen as acceptable to play 'chaotic' football, as it's necessary to be more concerned with the opposition and that's what this league is like.

We were, so we're they. It was a third tier game, must admit don't get best view from behind goal, but thought a draw would have been fair.

Fair enough on criticism, but have you posted any positive comments towards PW for the recent form we been on ?

9 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We are second in the table and lost away to a team two places below us. A little perspective would not go amiss. No one likes losing but it’s a part of football. This criticism of Warne goes far beyond opinions about tactics. The uber critics surface after every set back and moan like spoilt brats. Many of the comments are just aimed in one direction and ignore every other aspect of professional team sport where the margins between success and failure are wafer thin.