Paul Warne

Day

On 14/02/2024 at 12:36, Caerphilly Ram said:

Posters on both sides of the fence can be just as irritating.
It’s probably a given that if you are Pro Warne you’d get irritated by those most anti-Warne, and if you’re anti-Warne you’d get irritated by those most pro-Warne….and for everyone who’s somewhere in between…. it’s all quite irritating. 

It’s not that I am pro or anti. It’s that the anti mob are so irritating. The so called pro side tend to reflect on the good and the bad. The anti are just fixated, win or lose. Never give an inch, dull, obsessed, spoilt, churlish and without perspective. I suspect that Those of us, (me included ) that are vaguely supportive, only post in a vain attempt to balance the one eyed vitriol. 

Dreading Saturday .. looking like 4 strikers all injured, but it will be completely Warne’s fault if we lose, or pure luck if we win. Like a horrible scratched record. 

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

Point being that, until they beat Southampton last weekend, many of the posters on their forum were regretting changing Pearson for Manning.

As for a lack of identity, I'm baffled by that comment, given how so many posters on here bemoan our identity as, apparently, a team that aims to get the ball forward quickly, move it to the wings and put crosses in.

I don't agree with many of Chris Martins comments on here but describing us as having a lack of identity on the pitch exactly sums up why I've got little enthusiasm for this campaign despite us lying second in the league.  We're not a hoofball team yet we can't string 4 passes together. So boring to watch and I can't believe we will be successful long term playing this way.

Just now, jono said:

It’s not that I am pro or anti. It’s that the anti mob are so irritating. The so called pro side tend to reflect on the good and the bad. The anti are just fixated, win or lose. Never give an inch, dull, obsessed, spoilt, churlish and without perspective. I suspect that Those of us, (me included ) that are vaguely supportive, only post in a vain attempt to balance the one eyed vitriol. 

Dreading Saturday .. looking like 4 strikers all injured, but it will be completely Warne’s fault if we lose, or pure luck if we win. Like a horrible scratched record. 

Depends who you hold responsible for January as to whose fault tomorrow is if we lose without a striker on the pitch.

7 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

thats very unspecific

what are all these variables then? I'm pretty sure the no.1 thing that determines how well we do, will be how we play football.

Style of play isn’t everything.

Our fate in the Championship will depend on so much more.

It starts at the top with a committed owner who will strike a balance between financial control and ambition.

Then it trickles down to the football staff. Switched on recruitment with good scouting and good squad building with a good balance between youth and experience and an understanding of where each player fits will be important.

Then of course you have what the manager, the coaches and the support staff can instil - a good atmosphere and ethos around the club that aids player integration, good team spirit, good organisation, good preparation and fitness, and good man management.

Then don’t forget how the mental and psychological side of the game can take hold - how often do we see promoted sides carry confidence, belief and momentum through from one season to the next?

If all of these moving parts can work well together and we can put our best foot forward, then there is no reason to approach a season in the Championship with trepidation.

In the end, it might be a bridge too far and we might go back down. That is a possibility. We would be ignorant to not anticipate that possibility, but I think we have to at least give it 10-15 games at that level to see how we match up before we consider it such a certainty as others are doing.

29 minutes ago, jono said:

You do realise the 'anti Warne' as you call them would describe the 'pro Warne' in the same way.

There are probably a couple of extreme posters on both sides. One thing I would say as a 'Warne sceptic' is there are many who just want to close down any debate, which makes 'anti Warne' posters more extreme and actually prolongs negative themes. 

You could put Pep or Jurgen or Sir Alex in charge of this team and I doubt the results would be much different! Turning this team of journeymen into European level champions won't happen.

I think managerial skill has limited impact at this level. Its the players innit

21 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

1 basic rule for posting on this thread now and in future:

Foresight is unwelcome, and hindsight will be dismissed.

(Or is that 2 rules?)

That sounds like the first scene in a football equivalent of “The Spanish Inquisition” sketch!

I think all supporters would like to see us promoted and build the club back to being successful. 

We are achieving results and we are currently rebuilding. A lot of work has been achieved so far and a lot of work will be required to carry on rebuilding. 

As supporters we have a massive part to play in the success of the club. Paul Warne talks about the importance of unity, that is all of us together, making Pride Park, a place that opposing teams, don’t enjoy playing at, from all the positive support we provide to our club. Callum Elder talks about us galvanising, the characters we have at the club. Ebou Adams is showing his passion and fight on the pitch.

I watch how HKR are rebuilding in Rugby League successfully with the same unity, the importance of passionate fans supporting their team, I watch how players celebrate together when they have had a part to play in the opposition making mistakes on and off the pitch from the pressure created by everyone together.  

I read on here on this forum about us supporters being more B4, being more positive and wishing and believing in the current players, current coaches, current chairman, current staff at the football club, but then some of us opting to try and look for faults, pick holes, be bored, turn on players, turn on coaches, predict future failures, when the opportunity of trying to be part of all the positive aspects of the current day, the now, the rebuilding, is with us all to grasp.

We marched and we were all together in the hope to save our club, it’s more important now, to stay together and work together to rebuild the football club, Derby County the football club, we all love.

Our most successful coaches are watching us all at UNITY PLAZA and they are part of the unity, the belief, the passion, the pride we all have, in achieving the success we all desire.

D.C.F.C. Life, Love & Unity.

40 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

You could put Pep or Jurgen or Sir Alex in charge of this team and I doubt the results would be much different! Turning this team of journeymen into European level champions won't happen.

I think managerial skill has limited impact at this level. Its the players innit

Nonsense. We have some good players. A top manager would have us really flying 

1 hour ago, sage said:

You do realise the 'anti Warne' as you call them would describe the 'pro Warne' in the same way.

There are probably a couple of extreme posters on both sides. One thing I would say as a 'Warne sceptic' is there are many who just want to close down any debate, which makes 'anti Warne' posters more extreme and actually prolongs negative themes. 

I'd say it's both ways to be honest, you can go over most posts that knock PW and guarantee the same posters who will put a clap or like on it.

Its almost as though it's getting to point scoring now, rather than talking about the football it feels as though every thread is turned into a PW debate.

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

I reckon a fully fit squad is right up there as the best in the league giving us quality and depth to rotate and change shape when needed and I reckon we would be flying , as it is we ain’t doing too bad 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well listening to his pre match interview on the radio derby podcast i think we upset him shrewsbury away! I say “we” the fans giving him stick! Not sure what to make of him sometimes and i dont want to repeat whats already been said a hundred times! 

is it league 1 football and its just scrappy and any manager would be similar? Or is it his style, etc, etc!

Think malcolm christie had it spot on for me on the moan in monday night! He said along the lines of “at home we seem like were playing at the oppositions level, let them get a hold, where we should be taking it to them, the fans are waiting to explode and get behind the team but the way there playing makes it difficult at times!”

that somes it up for me! Start of the game fans are buzzing then its like watching a grand prix and they all crawl out at 30mph! Its like come on! Then the frustration builds etc!

I dont want to be one of them entitled fans, i hate leeds, united, liverpool fans etc for it! But its a tough one with us because were only down here because of the point deduction! So i do feel pee’d off were here and that we should be in the championship! 

hey ho thats my pennies worth!

Up the Rams!! 🐏🐏

2 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

On the other hand, a rubbish manager would have spent the money that Charlton have spent and would be fighting relegation.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you define an identity then for a team?

Sounds like just one those catchphrases that don’t actually mean anything.

that has a defined way of playing football as a team. 

we have no patterns of play, we are a side that relys on individual moments.  

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

nonsense GIF by Jaz Dhami

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

On the other hand, a rubbish manager would have spent the money that Charlton have spent and would be fighting relegation.

what?

i highly doubt clowes would have given a different manager more money to spend. He has a budget for the season,

I think almost any football league manager would struggle to get relegated from league one having all these players

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

You mean someone runs the length of the pitch , beats ten men and buries it all the time , wish some would compile a video of all the goals scored this season , I’m pretty sure I’ve seen all sorts from individual brilliance to really slick passing and everything in between but hey ho 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Isn't the preference to get the ball out wide as often and quickly as possible and getting crosses in a "way of playing as a team" just as much as any other way you might be able to come up with? Isn't that a pattern of play (whether we like it or not)?

I'm not convinced we have any less of a defined "way of playing" or are reliant on individual moments than most teams.