Paul Warne

Day

56 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Bet you regret that roofing analogy now, don't you! 😂

Nah , some just don’t get it or just ignore the fact that no matter what warne  ( or clowes it’s beginning to creep to too) does he s going to fall at the next hurdle , and that next hurdle is always rolled out the minute there’s the chance he may get over the one he’s dealing with now , I reckon you’ve kind of figured me out by now , I don’t really think what I say makes any difference in changing anybody’s mind on anything but sometimes I struggle to just leave an echo chamber where it gives the impression we ALL see things the same and stuff is a given 👍😀

Paul Warne is an inferior Gary Rowett.

And Gary Rowett’s team was a horrible watch, despite having top six Championship players.

Now imagine Warneball with a bottom eight Championship squad. It’s going to be grim, worse than what Sheffield Wednesday fans have endured this season. That is, of course, if we get promoted this season which I think we will.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

And Gary Rowett’s team was a horrible watch, despite having top six Championship players.

Now imagine Warneball with a bottom eight Championship squad. It’s going to be grim, worse than what Sheffield Wednesday fans have endured this season. That is, of course, if we get promoted this season which I think we will.

Proper wrist slashing stuff!

21 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Preston and Bristol City both sacked previous managers for playing pragmatic defensive football and went on to hire managers who favor possession-based football. Norwich still have parachute payments and have decent players, while a number of their fans want Wagner out.

It’s not a case that you can’t succeed with lesser possession. Derby are proof of that in League One as we are 11th in that category.

Warne can get away with it in League One as we simply have better players than the rest and the opposition standards are so much lower. 

In League One we are 11th for possession, 8th for shots per game, 11th for pass accuracy and 6th for chances created. Yet we are 2nd in the league, which is a clear indication that our extra quality is seeing us over the line.

That won’t be the case in the league above.

Yes, but that's all stats, which we are told don't count......

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

How about a little wager on it 😊

I'm confident to say that if we get promoted this season we stay up next 😏

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Surely you realise that nothing is set in stone in football?

If we get promoted, there will be so many variables at play that will dictate how well or how badly we do, not just the style of play. At this stage, there are far too many unknowns.

Saying ‘it’s going to be grim’ and ‘worse than Wednesday have endured’ in February when this season is not even over and pre-season for next season is five months away just seems needless.

It might be your gut feeling, but there is enough evidence to suggest that football is too unpredictable and too nuanced to be so dismissive of our chances of improving and adapting to life in the Championship purely on your distaste for the manager.

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

point being they were a possession based side then changed and went to a counter attacking style. Fine.

We are neither, we have no identity

Point being that, until they beat Southampton last weekend, many of the posters on their forum were regretting changing Pearson for Manning.

As for a lack of identity, I'm baffled by that comment, given how so many posters on here bemoan our identity as, apparently, a team that aims to get the ball forward quickly, move it to the wings and put crosses in.

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Point being that, until they beat Southampton last weekend, many of the posters on their forum were regretting changing Pearson for Manning.

As for a lack of identity, I'm baffled by that comment, given how so many posters on here bemoan our identity as, apparently, a team that aims to get the ball forward quickly, move it to the wings and put crosses in.

but they're not regretting it now...

a team that quickly puts loads of crosses in is not an identity

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Surely you realise that nothing is set in stone in football?

If we get promoted, there will be so many variables at play that will dictate how well or how badly we do, not just the style of play. At this stage, there are far too many unknowns.

thats very unspecific

what are all these variables then? I'm pretty sure the no.1 thing that determines how well we do, will be how we play football.

4 hours ago, Returning ram said:

How about a little wager on it 😊

I'm confident to say that if we get promoted this season we stay up next 😏

I wouldn’t take that wager because we may sack Warne after 10 games and bring in Neil Warnock. Or three other teams may get 10 point deductions.

IMO if we keep Warne, then we won’t average higher than 1.2ppg (minimum number of games applied of course) even with a midtable squad.

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Complete poppycock.

Weds made a risky appointment and the players clearly didn’t play for him. For all of Warne’s faults he knows how to cultivate a good dressing room. 

I imagine we’d be bottom 8, which is to be expected with our financial clout. But even the admin team would’ve stayed up. 

Plus if things were as bad as you say. We’d just get rid and hopefully the new man would keep us up.

16 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

I was inaccurate when I said he managed Hartlepool "not very well" but nor was he running away with the League. He was actually recommended to Derby's Chairman by Len Shackleton, which was the main reason, I believe, why he came to Derby. But , the main thrust of my post was that he was relatively unknown before he came hear with no history of success (winning anything) as a manager. 

My case was to give Warne a chance to prove he can cope with the job he is required to do.

Hindsight, wisely interpreted and argued is welcomed on this thread. You informed me earlier. I would suggest you raise your game.