Paul Warne

Day

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think the annoying thing is the lack of reasonableness. I could name them but won't but four possibly five consistently negative posters still haven't appeared to say well done to the team and Warne for yesterday's excellent result. Sorry but that smacks of putting opinion above supporting the Rams. I have no time for them.

Sorry to quote myself but also to say when we lose or struggle you are drowned in their posts.

6 minutes ago, ck- said:

I think the point is that no-one should be delighted to be proved right if things go wrong. They should be disappointed to be proved right. Whereas of course you should be delighted to be proved right if things go well. 
Not a dig at you personally, just trying to explain the difference. 

One thing that gets me is the sort of “why can’t management see what we see”. But if you listen to PW post match, he does.

I think that’s why Warne has really grown on me. Win or lose his post match comments tell me that we both watched the same match. He’s quirky for sure, but easily the most honest post match summaries I have heard from a serving manager. 

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Mate.... There's something I need to tell you 😋

Now, if you'd said 'She's well out your League' then I'd probably agree'. 🤣

My point is I don't really mind/care if people want to be overly negative or provocative.

BUT don't then be all 'woe is me' and expect the same 'protection' as people who are overly positive. You're on a Derby site, slagging Derby off and annoying people who spend their lives travelling up and down the country supporting them.

I get you may feel annoyed yourself about performances, but if you're going to stick the knife in then expect come back! To say 'yeh well he/she's being overly positive' makes no sense to me.

@i-Ram, @RoyMac5, @Bris Vegas are all posters I find interesting or amusing but they don't get all testy when they get it back.

Anyway, Warne in.... for at least 2 more weeks 🤪

13 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

It's not even an issue in real life. These negative people don't actually exist in Pride Park as far as I can tell!

Some people need somewhere to vent their thoughts and frustrations - this forum being the only place they may have.

However, they'll still be there on matchday shouting Paul Warne's barmy army and clapping every bit of play.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure about that, the guy who was sat behind me at PP for a good few seasons always seemed unhappy with something every week, even during the 'good times'!

I've got one behind me. Droning on all the first half, never heard a peep from him second half, not even a positive one.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Some people need somewhere to vent their thoughts and frustrations

Many decades ago I sat (posh in those days) in the Normanton stand. Chap behind was non-stop verbals all match moaning about everything. Pass to wrong person, should have gone left not right. Cross not carry etc. And I mean non stop! Barely time to breath.

His regular saying was "as it 'appens its alright!" when he was proved wrong.

Turned out he was an undertaker and match days were let it all out days after keeping it bottled up all week.

15 hours ago, Jubbs said:

It's nothing to do with wanting him gone, it's to do with playing football we enjoy watching and wanting Derby to win. 

When you watch that game today, you see what the side are capable of and I guarantee if we played like that in half our games, Warne will be held as a god. But we don't. That's why it's so frustrating at times watching performances like Barrow when we know what we are capable of producing. It's amazing what happens when you don't play 10 men behind the ball after going 1-0 and you continue to attack.

Have u heard of the word patience?

remember last year? When in the summer se bought in a load of new players and people like myself were calling for patience because having seen a lot of football i know it takes time for players to gel, time for ideas and tactics to sink in, time for players to form on field cohesion.

well… weve had 9 players is it brought in and guess what.. while sometimes the stars do align and teams can hit the ground running

ill be calling for that magical word again if weve had an indifferent start and theres moaning from the usual quarters (not aimed at u)   

Not completely Warneball related but I do like this stat:

The four teams in the Championship who have averaged the most possession so far this season have scored 22 goals. Not bad. 5.5 goals per team, works out just over one goal per team a game. 

The four teams in the Championship who have averaged the least possession so far this season have scored 34 goals. Very good. 8.5 goals per team, works out over two goals per game per team. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Not completely Warneball related but I do like this stat:

The four teams in the Championship who have averaged the most possession so far this season have scored 22 goals. Not bad. 5.5 goals per team, works out just over one goal per team a game. 

The four teams in the Championship who have averaged the least possession so far this season have scored 34 goals. Very good. 8.5 goals per team, works out over two goals per game per team. 

Turns out passing for passing sake when you’re not Man City is a bit meh. 

13 hours ago, The Running Man said:

Don't you understand the annoyance at people wanting to destabilise the club with a management change right at the start of a hugely important promotion season?

There are people in this forum who want us to lose just so the manager changes. 

Not really no.   If someone says something about the team, the manager or a player I disagree with I might say so but I don't question their right to say it or think they are destabilising the club.   It's like talking in the pub after a game - you might argue a point but would you start shouting our job as fans is to be behind the team and manager and if we have negative opinions don't voice them.   I just think it's a bit weird and taking it all too seriously tbh. 

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

Turns out passing for passing sake when you’re not Man City is a bit meh. 

We've had enough experience of that under Clement and Cocu to know at some point, you have to play that risky pass to progress, like SMc's teams did. But then we had the Martin/Hughes/Bryson/Thorne axis who played that system to PL standard. It's allot harder to do successfully when you don't have that quality.

3 hours ago, The Running Man said:

Sure, here's a fellow that got annoyed when we equalised in a game some time ago and all the people that applauded that suggestion.

I suppose it's possible some of them.might have slunk off into the abyss since promotion.

Screenshot_20240901_071045_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240901_071408_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

I am not going to defend the 10 posters here, they can do it themselves, but there is nothing in my view wrong with the words, the thought process, or the reactions, from the 10 revealed. It’s an online forum, and it’s unlikely you or I know any of them. They could all very well be long term, dyed in the wool, Rams fans, who were simply frustrated at the time seeing us play shapeless football, and concerned regarding the path of travel Paul Warne was taking us on. Nothing wrong with having that as an opinion.

Yes pretty annoying that there is one poster you identify who only comes on here when we lose, and you are right to then question their motivations. Hence really why I asked you to name posters, because I tire of the glib “they’ are not true fans argument where supporters are grouped rather than specifically named for their non-100% allegiance to the badge.

It is perfectly fine to be a Derby supporter and not like Warne’s football. It doesn’t make you any the less a supporter of the club or team. There was no one probably more anti-Morris here than me during 2016-21 and I got challenged an awful lot about not being behind the club. 

FWIW I like the fact that this place is not an echo chamber, where we all pledge an oath to be 100% positive about the club, team, manager, etc. It would be dead boring otherwise. One of my favourite posters, because he/she always makes me smile is @one_chop  Another poster you only see when we are losing, but it is part of the match day tradition for me to see him come on and say ‘FFS’ or some other pithy negative comment. Makes me laugh, rather than give me a touch of the vapours.

Anyway, what a great result yesterday, and it seems a very good performance. Didn’t see it coming personally, but I was encouraged by Friday’s two signings, and that you could see we might become more competitive with those players added to the team. I still have my doubts about Warne’s abilities, but hopefully he proves me wrong this season - although I have consistently said he might keep us up through strength of personality and group mentality. More good performances, and decent football, will reduce the vociferous anti-Warners you and a few others on this thread seem to dislike but hopefully they don’t go away. There is plenty of room on here for us all to find our preferred space.

4 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Not really no.   If someone says something about the team, the manager or a player I disagree with I might say so but I don't question their right to say it or think they are destabilising the club.   It's like talking in the pub after a game - you might argue a point but would you start shouting our job as fans is to be behind the team and manager and if we have negative opinions don't voice them.   I just think it's a bit weird and taking it all too seriously tbh. 

You’re right when it comes to 90% of criticisms .. that’s discussion and differences of opinion and approach.
But you can’t ignore the ones who make it a personal mission to change a manager and write/post/comment at every opportunity to advance that, regardless of accuracy and honesty. IThey live amongst us.

I don’t want anyone banned, I am fine with outrageous underserved comments on the forum and am equally fine when people react to them. When they do get reacted to though, they need to take it on the chin instead of suggesting they have been picked on or bullied or shouted down.  You reap what you sow. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I've got one behind me. Droning on all the first half, never heard a peep from him second half, not even a positive one.

There's a guy behind me that's always quick to shout out his criticism at every opportunity. Yesterday, his prime target was Elder - saying how useless he is. At least, at the end of the game, he had the good grace to say everyone played well and even said Elder had a good game.

There are so many different factors that influence results. Certain players not in form. I can remember when I use to play I was looking forward to the game all morning but once it kicked off the first pass/tackle/shot or goal had an impact on my performance and sometimes your head does go down. 
Shots saved and goals scored at certain times and referee decisions. I even had favourite grounds and teams I like playing. These can affect a match but one match doesn’t win you the league. I think anyone getting excited over one result is a little bit quick out of the blocks and Warne should be judged over a season. There will be good days and bad but over 46 games will be an indication of where we are. Then you never really know how good a manager is because each team is different and sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn’t. We have seen some of the best fail at times.

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Have u heard of the word patience?

remember last year? When in the summer se bought in a load of new players and people like myself were calling for patience because having seen a lot of football i know it takes time for players to gel, time for ideas and tactics to sink in, time for players to form on field cohesion.

well… weve had 9 players is it brought in and guess what.. while sometimes the stars do align and teams can hit the ground running

ill be calling for that magical word again if weve had an indifferent start and theres moaning from the usual quarters (not aimed at u)   

You're in danger of confusing patience with blind faith, there's not a straight divide between the two positions though. Some simply people need a lot more evidence than others before they're going to believe that things are going to work out.

Ignoring the idiotic / insulting stuff there have over the past 2 season been plenty of erudite posts from people expressing their in depth and evidence based concerns over Warne and what the future holds under him, and for long spells of time Warne wasn't offering up anywhere near enough for those concerns to be addressed, nor were the posters in or edging toward the blind faith territory able to offer up a similar level of debate as to exactly why such levels of patience should be shown.

That situation did even itself out and there have been some excellent and detailed justifications for continued belief in Warne - and obviously it's easier when we start winning games, no matter the performances themselves often still lacking -  but the people now are giving it the big "I told you so. We just needed to be patient" line who were just sat there shouting down people making criticisms without actually being able to counter them are no more justified in their position than anyone else.

Personaly I feel like yesterday's game could be a watershed moment, it was a performance that did infact address quite a few of my concerns but are some still lingering, and I've seen what I thought of as progress from Warne before only for it to turn out to be a false dawn.

As for the other recent 'development' on this thread - at least give @GeneralRam (who might not have see the post screenshotting him) the right of reply. That was not long after the Stevenage game and directly after we'd put in another rubbish performance in cup game against lower league opposition (there was a high scoring win against Northampton in between). Warne's attitude in his interview with Radio Derby after the Stevenage game massively got people's backs up, and rightly so. Context as always is important, especially when dredging up isolated posts from nearly a year ago.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

17 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

There are so many different factors that influence results. Certain players not in form. I can remember when I use to play I was looking forward to the game all morning but once it kicked off the first pass/tackle/shot or goal had an impact on my performance and sometimes your head does go down. 
Shots saved and goals scored at certain times and referee decisions. I even had favourite grounds and teams I like playing. These can affect a match but one match doesn’t win you the league. I think anyone getting excited over one result is a little bit quick out of the blocks and Warne should be judged over a season. There will be good days and bad but over 46 games will be an indication of where we are. Then you never really know how good a manager is because each team is different and sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn’t. We have seen some of the best fail at times.

It’s so true. In the end this is competitive sport, you win and lose. I think the things I look for are skill displayed by my team, a win of course, goals to celebrate but above all hope rather than dread. Your team will always need encouraging support to achieve that. Genuine support goes beyond instant passionate reactions to one game, good or bad. 

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah we’re all devastated to see our team win 3-0. Jesus Christ, have a day off.

There’s a balance , there’s those not to in love with Warne who will come on and say they loved yesterday and give Warne credit and I don’t think any such comments are aimed at them , I know I would much rather join with those in getting behind the team than rub they’re noses in it ( a little humour banter is ok surely ) , think the digs are aimed at the small number who are on quick as a flash and posting non stop after a defeat or what they consider poor football performance 🤷🏻‍♂️