Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Who could have seen this coming when we extended his loan? Everyone but the recruitment team. What a totally stupid decision that may well cost us. Could’ve used those resources on someone who isn’t made of glass.

In fairness, very easy to criticise in hindsight. Most people, me included, seemed to think he was definitely worth a punt given his quality

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Sky showed the slightest bit of interest in the top of League One . It’s as though the division does not exist . They are more interested in what “Has Been “ Jesse Linguard has had for his breakfast .

Personally, I'm not bothered. I've not got Sky and never will have it (apart from the occasional 24hr pass when Derby are on and I can't make the game). Even if I did have Sky, it would only be to watch actual events (of a variety of sports) and not to listen to either their sports "news" or what their pundits might have to say.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It won't be the end, but I expect a lower L1 to try signing him and several L2 would too

You may be right but..... he'd then find himself, especially in L2, in an even more physical contest and his history points to him not having the physical makeup to stay fit. Back at Derby? At best a pay as you play deal.

43 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

It will be very interesting to see what difference Adams makes to the way we set up in midfield and how more effective or midfield is. I hope and believe we will see a big improvement.    

Hopefully Adams will have a big influence on how the game plays out, but with Warne having bleated about the opposition daring to venture into the area of the itch called "midfield", it is likely that unlike us supporters, he will be paid to watch the match from a very privileged position.

47 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

It will be very interesting to see what difference Adams makes to the way we set up in midfield and how more effective or midfield is. I hope and believe we will see a big improvement.    

He's already shown he makes a difference. He can do a better job deep than Bird and Hourihane, then let's then two play higher.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't take these public comments pre-match too seriously as I think they are designed to keep the opposition guessing more than us fans! 

Seriously? I go around the house smashing things up if he says something I don't agree with fully.

I then memorise them and extroplate anything that goes wrong from one comment.

What’s the weather like in derby ? The wife says they have been banging on about snow up there on the tv , long drive and hoping it’s good with no chance of game off or terrible driving conditions 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

What’s the weather like in derby ? The wife says they have been banging on about snow up there on the tv , long drive and hoping it’s good with no chance of game off or terrible driving conditions 

No snow in Derby just been raining stopped now...

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

No problems just very wet. Rivers high again so only concern might be snow melting and rain in the peaks sending it higher.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Hopefully Adams will have a big influence on how the game plays out, but with Warne having bleated about the opposition daring to venture into the area of the itch called "midfield", it is likely that unlike us supporters, he will be paid to watch the match from a very privileged position.

Don't agree with any of that, Dave. I think it's just a polite way of saying they're massive units and this will be a battle (read - they will probably kick us a lot). From what I recall of them, he's right. Wouldn't Adams start if that's the case?

Also, I don't get what 'bleating' you heard either. I've watched the video and he doesn't appear to have complained about anything. 

21 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Plenty of  drivel in this interview. And when he does talk about the football, why can’t he just say he loves NmL’s pace without saying how much faster he is than Collins. It’s just so unnecessary 

Yes, in terms of the interview waffle, the phrase 'less is more' springs to mind. 

Well I hope tomorrow and for the remaining games the crowd and stay with the team whatever happens. It’s not about the performances now (although we would like one), it’s about getting over the line by hook or by crook. Boo at the end of the game and whinge and whine on here if it’s s*** but back the lads during the game.