Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

2 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

This will be my first match in the stands with my son. Aged 4, so no expectations about lasting for the whole thing, but he's been asking to go and is already excited for Saturday.

He's been practicing his chanting so hoping for an improved atmosphere!

‘They docked us 21 points…..’ 🎵

maybe start him on something without the expletives 

Based on nothing other than the experience of being a Derby fan my whole life, I can just see us dropping points on Saturday, struggling but winning against Exeter, either 4 or 3 points from those two games and everyone (myself included) going into meltdown even though it's not that bad before convincingly thrashing Stevenidge and finding oursevels in 2nd because the teams around us also drop points that they don't think they should

0-0 Saturday is my gut feeling, like I say, based on nothing other than that's what happens we're in this position! 

Edited by Sweetness34

People want to change formation and I can see why, 4-3-3 takes a body out of defence and places them up top. 

I think he will start 3-5-2 and then look to change if it’s 0-0 45-60 mins in. 

The team: 

Vickers

Ward Nelson Bradley Cash Sibley 

Adams

Hourihane       Bird 

CBT       Collins 

I think this allows us to get both wingbacks forwards to create width. Hourihane and bird can drop into the half spaces in the corners of the box to cross and slip the wing backs in whilst we have the defensive stability of the 3 CB’s and Adams sweeping. Realistically, we can control the game well in that formation. 

If it’s tight, I’d go NML for Bradley and leave Sibs as an attacking full back and Wilson for Ward who provides more know how in a traditional full back role. 

3 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

People want to change formation and I can see why, 4-3-3 takes a body out of defence and places them up top. 

I think he will start 3-5-2 and then look to change if it’s 0-0 45-60 mins in. 

The team: 

Vickers

Ward Nelson Bradley Cash Sibley 

Adams

Hourihane       Bird 

CBT       Collins 

I think this allows us to get both wingbacks forwards to create width. Hourihane and bird can drop into the half spaces in the corners of the box to cross and slip the wing backs in whilst we have the defensive stability of the 3 CB’s and Adams sweeping. Realistically, we can control the game well in that formation. 

If it’s tight, I’d go NML for Bradley and leave Sibs as an attacking full back and Wilson for Ward who provides more know how in a traditional full back role. 

He’s not going to play Blackett-Taylor up front. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

He’s not going to play Blackett-Taylor up front. 

I doubt it would be a traditional striker role. More so the role that NML played earlier in the season where he can drift and create overloads on either side. 

it also means a side who come to sit in have something else to think about rather than a rigid attack. 

Edited by LeedsRam1999

11 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I doubt it would be a traditional striker role. More so the role that NML played earlier in the season where he can drift and create overloads on either side. 

it also means a side who come to sit in have something else to think about rather than a rigid attack. 

NML is much more physical than CBT. They’re different players. I think if NML can’t start then he won’t go 2 up front. Only slight option is Barkhuizen, but don’t think he will do that either. 

Just now, Srg said:

NML is much more physical than CBT. They’re different players. I think if NML can’t start then he won’t go 2 up front. Only slight option is Barkhuizen, but don’t think he will do that either. 

It’s a good point. Maybe just personally for me, I like the dynamic second striker even if they are a winger. 

I do agree that maybe he does not have the physical strength to do so and I would not be opposed to be Barks. 

14 hours ago, SKRam said:

‘They docked us 21 points…..’ 🎵

maybe start him on something without the expletives 

Just amend the lyrics...

They docked us 21 points but we don't really care

We might now be in league 1, but we're not staying there

7 minutes ago, sage said:

The pitch will be even worse after all this rain and snow. It will make it difficult to play football and will suit physical route one teams.

On that basis, we will win 3-0

I wonder if any games at the weekend will get postponed? Portsmouth away at Carlisle? Bolton away at Northampton?

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wonder if any games at the weekend will get postponed? Portsmouth away at Carlisle? Bolton away at Northampton?

The Carlisle game would be at risk certainly