Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

On 12/02/2024 at 18:21, McArthur Park said:

Sorry if I missed someone else asking, but did your lad enjoy the match day experience? And did you manage to stay til the end?😁

He was having a good time, sweets and his tablet aided his attention span, especially during the abysmal first half.

Second half, he was fine, but when we scored, the celebrations were so loud he got really upset! We tried staying a bit longer but the crowd was noisy and he just couldn't handle it, so we left after an hour.

So lesson from me, bring ear defenders, but on the plus side, he left when we were winning so was happy with that and once we were outside said, "thank you for bringing me Daddy, I love it and next time I'll bring my headphones!"

12 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

He was having a good time, sweets and his tablet aided his attention span, especially during the abysmal first half.

Second half, he was fine, but when we scored, the celebrations were so loud he got really upset! We tried staying a bit longer but the crowd was noisy and he just couldn't handle it, so we left after an hour.

So lesson from me, bring ear defenders, but on the plus side, he left when we were winning so was happy with that and once we were outside said, "thank you for bringing me Daddy, I love it and next time I'll bring my headphones!"

Set him a challenge , tell him there’s a reward ( of your choosing) if he can shout louder than those around him when derby score , may make the noise fun and help him feel part of it

23 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Are you suggesting Warne has made us weaker or stronger?

Sorry for delay replying, was a long trip back, not sure I understand the point. Injuries will always make you weaker, unless it only counts for other teams ?

On 12/02/2024 at 23:28, Jourdan said:

Bolton, Barnsley, and Peterborough all finished last season above us and they are all in contention again this season. They are good teams. They are the benchmark for us this season. We knew that if we wanted to get promoted, it’s these teams we would have to outperform.

There is no contradiction. I am saying they are good teams in a competitive league. If the league wasn’t competitive, these teams and indeed ourselves would be dropping points far less frequently.

How much of an advantage have we had with Wigan and Reading being in financial difficulties and having points deductions really? Reading and Wigan have beaten us this season. Reading have pipped us to transfer targets. Surely it’s the likes of Portsmouth, Oxford, Blackpool and Stevenage who have profited from this?

So if teams finish above us, that must only mean they are good? Its impossible that they could be above us because we're bad, is it? Just because teams are "the benchmark", doesn't prove they're good.

How does the fact no-one is pulling away in the league prove that its of high quality and competitive? It just proves there are no good teams, because a good team would be pulling away.

Its an advantage in the fact that - the vast majority of the time, relegated teams are competitors for promotion the following season. Therefore its three direct competitors removed from the equation, fighting for three spots. Whether Reading/Wigan beat us in a one-off game is irrelevant. Its where they are in the league table. 

On 12/02/2024 at 22:57, jono said:

Loitering with intent to use a zebra crossing, wearing a loud shirt between 11.00 PM and 5.00 AM, walking in a “funny” way.

(with thanks to Not the 9.00 o’clock news ) 

On 13/02/2024 at 07:41, Van der MoodHoover said:

You forgot "being in possession of an offensive wife"👍

He's currently being held in the cells as we speak...  Probably best not to mention what these latest two charges are!  😲

#differentera