Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

13 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Warne's pre-match interview on club website seems to say NML more likely to play than CBT who is injured and hasn't been training 'on the grass' despite footage of him training ....on grass. 

Classic Film Pain GIF by Warner Archive

I reckon we will go with the same starting 11, if NML is a doubt then Barkhuizen will start instead.

Can flip between 352 & 4141/433 in game depending on how they line up, Warne alludes to this in his Radio Derby interview -

352: Vickers - Nelson Bradley Cashin - Ward Bird Adams Hourihane Sibley - Collins NML

4141/433: Vickers - Nelson Bradley Cashin Sibley - Adams - Ward Bird Hourihane NML - Collins

Subs - Wildsmith Nyambe Elder Wilson Thompson Smith Barkhuizen

Edited by DCFC1388

Not quite sure where to post this but seeing as it was supposedly part of RamsTV pre-Shrewsbury….

Great (but short) interview with Cash… the bit when he said his relationship with the fans was a big part in him signing a new deal almost brought a tear to my eye…

Man, when one talks of ‘We are Derby’…. With regard to Cash HE IS DERBY . The new Jake Buxton. 👍👍👏👏

Top-top guy. Our best signing in the window by far…🐏🐏🐏

51 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Not quite sure where to post this but seeing as it was supposedly part of RamsTV pre-Shrewsbury….

Great (but short) interview with Cash… the bit when he said his relationship with the fans was a big part in him signing a new deal almost brought a tear to my eye…

Man, when one talks of ‘We are Derby’…. With regard to Cash HE IS DERBY . The new Jake Buxton. 👍👍👏👏

Top-top guy. Our best signing in the window by far…🐏🐏🐏

An interesting part of the interview was when he spoke about getting his first pro contract. We already knew that the club (academy) were close to releasing him, but he gave some detail which I hadn't heard before - there being 8 U18s to give contracts to but only enough budget originally for 6 of them (Cashin didn't make the cut).

ABrown, Festy, Foster, Halwax, Stretton, McDonald, LThompson being the other 7. A decision to release Jaden Charles had already been made. I can understand why it would have been difficult to choose just 6 (I think Festy was the other on the standby list).

In our U23 squad, we had also retained: Bateman, JBrown, Dixon, Mitchell-Lawson, Yates, Wilson, Cresswell, Minkley, Shonibare, Ethan Wassall, Hector-Ingram. There are a few players in this list who I would have released to ensure there was enough budget left for Cashin.

6 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Warne's pre-match interview on club website seems to say NML more likely to play than CBT who is injured and hasn't been training 'on the grass' despite footage of him training ....on grass. 

Are you sure he said cbt hadn’t been training on grass ?

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Plenty of  drivel in this interview. And when he does talk about the football, why can’t he just say he loves NmL’s pace without saying how much faster he is than Collins. It’s just so unnecessary 

More concerned the clubs league table shows us 4th.  Ain't hard really.

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

... but will we play in the middle of the park?  I presume Adams is fit enough to start (especially with a week between matches) , so Bird and Hourihane will both play.  Personally I may be tempted to start with Thompson/Fornah and bring on Hourihane later, but I'd be surprised if Warne does.  To be fair we should be good enough to beet Shrewsbury whatever team we select. UTR

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

More concerned the clubs league table shows us 4th.  Ain't hard really.

You would think they could get it right but if that’s something to be “concerned” about then the more serious matters must be pretty rosy. 😀

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Are you sure he said cbt hadn’t been training on grass ?

My apologies - just re-checked and he said he had been on the grass but 'not joined in' training .....I thought he said hadn't been on the grass on first listening.

But......key thing is that he's injured/has been injured so PW doesn't sound too positive for tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

My apologies - just re-checked and he said he had been on the grass but 'not joined in' training .....I thought he said hadn't been on the grass on first listening.

But......key thing is that he's injured/has been injured so PW doesn't sound too positive for tomorrow.

I don't take these public comments pre-match too seriously as I think they are designed to keep the opposition guessing more than us fans! 

Would love us to win 2 or 3 nil without getting out of second gear. The games against Burton and Cheltenham (on paper at least) should’ve been relatively comfortable but we made a mess of them, expending far more energy than we probably needed to. Can’t remember our last good 90 minute performance at home, possibly Barnsley? Easy to say Bolton’s fixture pile up will derail them but I’m sure there will be a few home games where they’re cruising for the last 30 or so, which we seem incapable of doing.

19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Who could have seen this coming when we extended his loan? Everyone but the recruitment team. What a totally stupid decision that may well cost us. Could’ve used those resources on someone who isn’t made of glass.

At first sight you  could be right but, considering his history, I would hope that the club was wise enough to have contingency plans for this happening added to the loan deal. 

With regard to JJ's future, I feel for the lad. IMO he won't get an offer from the Gunners. I can't see (or genuinely hope we don't) Derby taking a punt unless it's a pay as you play deal but even that looks a huge risk. This could be end of career for him.

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

At first sight you  could be right but, considering his history, I would hope that the club was wise enough to have contingency plans for this happening added to the loan deal. 

With regard to JJ's future, I feel for the lad. IMO he won't get an offer from the Gunners. I can't see (or genuinely hope we don't) Derby taking a punt unless it's a pay as you play deal but even that looks a huge risk. This could be end of career for him.

It won't be the end, but I expect a lower L1 to try signing him and several L2 would too

Think we should be looking at a 4 at the back for home games, 5 at the back for away games...

Would change the team slightly to:

Vickers
Nyambe - Nelson - Cashin - Sibley
Bird - Adams - Hourihane
Barks - Collins - Wilson

Harsh on Bradley, Ward (and assuming NML is injured),

Adams breathed new life into the team v Charlton, and I really hope he kicks on allowing Hourihane & Bird to free roam.