Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If you're in bath that's low-rent mate.

If there's a more pretentious place in Britain I haven't found it yet. 

Well, possibly tetbury.....

I see you prefer showers. Just be glad he's washing at all.

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

his throw ins alone are better than most of our corners. 

It’s lucky for us his punishment is over. Anyone know what Wildsmith is being punished for ?

Watching Wildsmith today in the warm up reminded me of what a good goalkeeper he is I still think he has a part to play 

In the pub , Charlton fans having a moan , our crowd of Derby fans in here having a sing song , perfect away performance from the lads , Adams and Max were fantastic , would like to give a big shout out for Sonny Bradley , excellent performance in the back 3 , well done to Warney , team selection spot on , fans magnificent as always , with other results the rollercoaster ride to the end of the season has started COYR

Was late getting home, so was well into second half before catching up on here.  This and the beeb match updates.

Seen nothing.  Heard nothing.

From the comments on here:
It seems to have been an ugly win.  I'll not complain about that.
Max played to the max, it seems... and I'll happily add a slice of humble pie to my supper later, on that topic.  Well done, and thanks, Max!  🐏

I'd much rather have the points in the bag, than rely on the ifs, buts and maybes that adhere themselves to games in hand.  Let others do the hoping and praying on that score.  We're now the team they have to catch, and that makes a nice welcome change.

I hope those 3 magnificent points keeps @jono moist for the entirety of his birthday evening.

EDIT:

Just seen the vid of the goal... I'll take two slices, Max.  Beautiful through ball that!  👍

Second though... eh?  🐏🍻

I see Barkhausen got light bulbed, was it because he was poor? I don't think he has been great recently. I hope NML's injury is not serious, we are sure to need him and Corey Blackett-Taylor at the creative top of the pitch.

Edited by rainram

5 minutes ago, rainram said:

I see Barkhausen got light bulbed, was it because he was poor? I don't think he has been great recently. I hope NML's injury is not serious, we are sure to need him and Corey Blackett-Taylor at the creative top of the pitch.

No, I don't think so. He worked hard on the break but we needed to be defensively solid in those last few minutes and Wilson offered that option.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was late getting home, so was well into second half before catching up on here.  This and the beeb match updates.

Seen nothing.  Heard nothing.

From the comments on here:
It seems to have been an ugly win.  I'll not complain about that.
Max played to the max, it seems... and I'll happily add a slice of humble pie to my supper later, on that topic.  Well done, and thanks, Max!  🐏

I'd much rather have the points in the bag, than rely on the ifs, buts and maybes that adhere themselves to games in hand.  Let others do the hoping and praying on that score.  We're now the team they have to catch, and that makes a nice welcome change.

I hope those 3 magnificent points keeps @jono moist for the entirety of his birthday evening.

EDIT:

Just seen the vid of the goal... I'll take two slices, Max.  Beautiful through ball that!  👍

Second though... eh?  🐏🍻

A lot of the game was played in our half but we didn’t really look like conceding. Adams and Bird played well in midfield but Hourihane was bypassed so many times again. He did calm things down a bit at the end. 

Vickers still worries me. He doesn’t know whether to stick or twist on crosses. Collins battled well. NML took his goal well and hopefully isn’t too badly injured.

Barkhuisen has bright moments then gives the ball away. Not first choice for me.

Sibley did okay at LB, Ward put some lovely crosses in.

Back three just about managed to get in the way of everything.

1-0 is always nervy but I think we looked more like scoring than they did.

Just after HT I was worried as May dropped deeper with the new striker who came on going up top I thought it was having an effect but for some reason it faded out and May was playing an odd midfield position like a free role I guess ….we rode that and then I didn’t think they troubled us much 

They do have some decent players and with a new manager I think they’re capable of nicking points off of anyone 

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just going on Warne saying yesterday he had pretty much the full squad to use, guess something could have happened in training after he did press. 
Probably is injured of course, just wondering if there was a “gentleman’s agreement” or a decision to keep him out the firing line of their fans 

Confirmed that he was never going to play today, so your tinfoil hat was correctly worn!

51 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't think it's too soon to declare Ebou Adams as the best midfielder in the country and will single handedly ensure our promotion.

I thought similar about Fornah after Blackpool away. This time it's true though.

Edited by MaltRam