Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

53 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

According to another poster,  Wildsmith has indicated he wants to leave. That seems pretty plausible because imo there is no footballing reason to prefer V    

Other than the one that I have already given you mean.

Not sure that said poster is well renowned for ITK info to be fair.

52 minutes ago, Archied said:

Seen a few state that it was 3 points but a hard watch , not really how I saw it , I enjoyed it , hard fought win away against an out of form team who actually have some decent players who can hurt you ,it swung about with both teams having periods of looking on top and a piece of quality won it , the fans sounded fantastic on rtv ,

rinse and repeat , simple fact is we just need to go out and get as many wins as we can , that’s warnes job and he is doing pretty decent at it ,

max bird was beating his hand on the badge and was as good as I’ve seen him ( wasn’t sure how loan back would pan out ) , perhaps though knowing/feeling it was time for a new challenge he did it in a way that helped the club also ,,, as people have stated ,why not wait till season end and maximise his choices and money scenario, he has signed with a new club but brought in much needed money to derby and stayed on loan to obviously ( clear from yesterday) give his all to leave this club promoted and in a better place , perhaps the club wanted/ needed him to move now if not signing on for another contract , he has my support for the rest of the season for which he is very much one of us and my best wishes for the rest of his career 

coyr 

Still gutted Bird is leaving and no coincidence he played well with a proper defensive mid next to him. 🐑🐑

7 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

How about errors.

Exactly.

In Vickers 6 league games, we have conceded 5 goals of which I wouldn't say any were his fault.

In Wildsmiths last 6 league games, in which granted we played better opponents, we conceded 7 of which 4 I would say could be directly attributed to his mistakes or he played a very big part in.

Also thought Nelson was a rock today. Some proper blocks on the edge of the area. A big cheer when we actually worked the ball from left to right through the midfield. Think it was Hourihane who passed to Bird and then MOVED for the return and on to Thompson.. 

Great day out and you could see the passion and determination from the lads from behind the goal. No surprise that Warne was so pleased 💪

57 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Also thought Nelson was a rock today. Some proper blocks on the edge of the area. A big cheer when we actually worked the ball from left to right through the midfield. Think it was Hourihane who passed to Bird and then MOVED for the return and on to Thompson.. 

Great day out and you could see the passion and determination from the lads from behind the goal. No surprise that Warne was so pleased 💪

Nelson is our player of the season so far.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nelson is our player of the season so far.

Wouldn't disagree,but when I think about who I'd nominate, it's bloomin impossible. Nyambe, Collo, Nate who seems to only score critical goals... It's a lovely place to be when you have a core of players recording 7.0+++ week in, week out. If a couple more catch up, we might just be in business.

Change of formation is fine when we have the players to suit, which we had to today. Bradley played well, Ward did OK, Sibley and then Elder Good. Big difference is Adams. Sort of player that also fits the system allowing Bird to play his preferred role. Hourihane for me is now the weak link, purely because of speed and mobility. Shame because he is an important player. 

We can change formation and go Nyambe in back 4. Great options now throughout the squad. Light up top yet but, players on the way back. 

Encouraging weekend after what we thought was a poor window.