Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

Saturday 3rd February 2024. 3pm kick off.

Can we kick start the month by making it back to back wins and banish any premature talk of a potential February curse?

What changes, if any, would you be looking to make for this one?

Would like to see Bird-Fornah-Thompson from the start this time to give us some legs and energy from the off.

UTR! 🐏

36 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Saturday 3rd February 2024. 3pm kick off.

Can we kick start the month by making it back to back wins and banish any premature talk of a potential February curse?

What changes, if any, would you be looking to make for this one?

Would like to see Bird-Fornah-Thompson from the start this time to give us some legs and energy from the off.

UTR! 🐏

If Nyambe is back I’d go 4-3-3 using the midfield you suggest and bringing Wildsmith back in (not that Vickers has been terrible, just want to get close to the solid back 5 we had before);

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Sibley

Fornah   Bird   Thompson

NML             Collins                  CBT

Subs; Vickers, Bradley, Wilson, Robinson, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, New?!

Hoping we have a new striker in by Saturday to be on the bench, Hourihane, Bradley and Barkhuizen offering some experience to bring on, Wilson to come on with his bag of tricks at some point. 

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If Nyambe is back I’d go 4-3-3 using the midfield you suggest and bringing Wildsmith back in (not that Vickers has been terrible, just want to get close to the solid back 5 we had before);

Wildsmith

Fornah   Bird   Thompson

Hoping we have a new striker in by Saturday to be on the bench, Hourihane, Bradley and Barkhuizen offering some experience to bring on, Wilson to come on with his bag of tricks at some point. 

Now that looks like a decent side with some potential. If they get some decent tactics to work with.

5 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wildsmith

Fornah   Bird   Thompson

Good line up, but I fear the best we can hope for would be a 3 man midfield with Hourihane, Bird and Fornah. I think there's a strong argument to rest the skipper, but I very much doubt Warne will. I'd probably start Wilson too, until CBT begins to find his feet. It seems the 'kindest' option 🙊

Think this will be tough as fully expect new manager Nathan Jones to be in the dugout for them saturday (new manager bounce and all that )

They do have some good players in Dobson, Coventry,May,Leaburn Ladapo etc 

We may well rue not getting max points against Lincoln or Reading as I don't think we will win this one

If we were to win though fair play but you just know they're going to turn up against us 

I'd definitely pack the midfield in this one 3 as a minimum as Dobson,Coventry are decent also I'd bring Wildsmith back and Nyambe straight back in 

Edited by S8TY

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Sibley

DRobinson   Bird   Thompson

Mendez-Laing   Blackett-Taylor

Collins

Subs; Vickers, Bradley, Ward, Hourihane, Wilson, Barkhuizen, New

Did you have a bowl of optimism for brekky?! 😄 'New' and Robinson.

It's also possible he plays Nyambe at LB instead of Sibs and Wilson at RB.

I go for the formation we started last game with but swap Nyambe for Wilson.

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wildsmith

Fornah   Bird   Thompson

Agree with all of that 👍

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

Think this will be tough as fully expect new manager Nathan Jones to be in the dugout for them saturday (new manager bounce and all that )

They do have some good players in Dobson, Coventry,May,Leaburn Ladapo etc 

We may well rue not getting max points against Lincoln or Reading as I don't think we will win this one

If we were to win though fair play but you just know they're going to turn up against us 

I'd definitely pack the midfield in this one 3 as a minimum as Dobson,Coventry are decent also I'd bring Wildsmith back and Nyambe straight back in 

Have we played an unusual amount of teams with new managers this season? Just kind of seems like we've had a few but I could be wrong on that.

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Are Elder and Fozzy both out?

The information last week was that Fozzy would miss 4 weeks (I think that’s what was in the DET after the press conference) and Warne said Elder is out for 10 days during an interview around the Cheltenham game so potentially missing this weekend too. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The information last week was that Fozzy would miss 4 weeks (I think that’s what was in the DET after the press conference) and Warne said Elder is out for 10 days during an interview around the Cheltenham game so potentially missing this weekend too. 

Cheers bud

Vickers

Nyambe     Nelson      Cashin        Sibley

Fornah

Thompson         Bird

Wilson              Collins             NML

(Wildsmith, Ward, Bradley, Robinson, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, CBT)

Think mine is identical to @Waghorny apart from the keepers.