Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

Awful performance. No sense of responsibility from many members of the team. Simple short passes, not sprinting, lazy offsides, tame tackling. In short, a team devoid of ambition. Warne needs to have a serious chat with them.

Mendez-Laing papered over the cracks for a while but his dip in form has left us without drive or inspiration. Collins is back chasing shadows.

Bird, Hourihane, Thompson and Sibley all tried in midfield and none of them deserved a 6/10.

No need for panic, but we need to get back to neat passing.

25 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Hands down, the worst display of passing I've ever seen. Cash and Bird have been shocking. Nothing to do with Warne, the players are not doing the basics and it's costing us

Are they all beginning to believe all the hype that we are a good team and just feel that all they have to do is turn up to win !!? Cos collectively they have fallen to pieces…

Tonight’s the sort of performance where they should be launching into each other in the changing room. 

They’ve all let each other down. From the first minute it was rubbish and we never looked like getting going. 

Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Absolutely bottled about as easy of an opportunity to go top of the league as you’ll get. The players and coaching staff should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

My biggest frustration is with how poor we are, and have been all season.

If we had an even half decent manager, capable of playing good football we’d win this league by an absolute mile. Our position in this league is entirely down to us having better players than the other teams in the division, not down to tactics. 

I’m not calling to sack Warne, but I do believe he’s never going to be the manager we need him to be. If we go up this year I think it would be difficult to reflect on it as being a good year footballing wise, and I’d be extremely surprised if he was still our manager 12 months down the line.
Fail to go up this year in a league this poor and he absolutely has to go.