Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

Brilliant we have an immediate opportunity to bounce back and get back on track. Let's hope we take it. Presumably CBT will be on the bench. Does anyone need a rest after today? Warne singing Vickers' praises in the post-Lincoln interview and, after the clean sheet, he'll keep his shirt.

After the Reading fans' pitch invasion the other day, there has to be chance this game will also see trouble and might yet end up being abandoned. I'm sure we always try, but we should aim to score early so we can be able to claim the three points if it is called off. Like getting ahead of the Duckworth-Lewis run-rate if rain threatens in cricket.

Vickers

Wilson   Nelson   Cashin   Elder

Bird   Hourihane

Barkhuizen   John-Jules   Mendez-Laing

Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Bradley, Ward, Thompson, Sibley, Blackett-Taylor, DBrown

Blackett-Taylor announced in the next 48 hours. Not enough time to get another signing over the line.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Brilliant we have an immediate opportunity to bounce back and get back on track. Let's hope we take it. Presumably CBT will be on the bench. Does anyone need a rest after today? Warne singing Vickers' praises in the post-Lincoln interview and, after the clean sheet, he'll keep his shirt.

After the Reading fans' pitch invasion the other day, there has to be chance this game will also see trouble and might yet end up being abandoned. I'm sure we always try, but we should aim to score early so we can be able to claim the three points if it is called off. Like getting ahead of the Duckworth-Lewis run-rate if rain threatens in cricket.

The game would be replayed wouldn’t it…don’t think you could have a situation where Reading  lead 2-0, their fans get the game abandoned and then get the 3 points 😊

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Vickers

Wilson   Nelson   Cashin   Elder

Bird   Hourihane

Barkhuizen   John-Jules   Mendez-Laing

Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Bradley, Ward, Thompson, Sibley, Blackett-Taylor, DBrown

Blackett-Taylor announced in the next 48 hours. Not enough time to get another signing over the line.

Think we need either Sibbo or Thompson in to help the midfield two, for JJ…

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

Win on Tuesday and we finish the night top of the league, that's guaranteed. There should be no bigger incentive than that.

Don’t get the focus on whether - in January -  we are top, second or third when it’s all so close. Keeping in touch,  playing well and avoiding too many injuries is what we need 

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t get the focus on whether - in January -  we are top, second or third when it’s all so close. Keeping in touch,  playing well and avoiding too many injuries is what we need 

What we need is to have a big cushion in case our feb-mar curse strikes us....

15 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The game would be replayed wouldn’t it…don’t think you could have a situation where Reading  lead 2-0, their fans get the game abandoned and then get the 3 points 😊

I posted on another thread that it’s completely at the EFL’s discretion whether the points are awarded without a replay or the game is replayed in full or in part. For the integrity of the competition, and to avoid other clubs potentially being disadvantaged, I think the only scenario in which a replay (full or part) wouldn’t be ordered is if there was absolutely nothing riding on the result (a La the Blackpool game that was abandoned). Maybe if the innocent club were 3 or 4 goals up with only a matter of minutes to play could be another scenario. 

Edited by Tamworthram

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Have to agree. 
we were clear top in Jan ‘07, above Brum, and with Sunderland nowhere in sight. 
I booked my hols for the end of May on the strength of that. 
I watched Pearson’s Wembley Winner in a bar on Majorca with a tear in my eye!  
🐏

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I posted on another thread that it’s completely at the EFL’s discretion whether the points are awarded without a replay or the game is replayed in full or in part. For the integrity of the competition, and to avoid other clubs potentially being disadvantaged, I think the only scenario in which a replay (full or part) wouldn’t be ordered is if there was absolutely nothing riding on the result (a La the Blackpool game that was abandoned). Maybe if the innocent club were 3 or 4 goals up with only a matter of minutes to play could be another scenario. 

EFL discretion and Derby - wonder how that would play out!

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

EFL discretion and Derby - wonder how that would play out!

Knowing how they've treated us in the past (some of it justified before we get accused of having a persecution complex), if it was abandoned after 16 minutes with Reading 1:0 up they'd probably award them the 3 points. 

Vickers

Ward          Nelson      Cashin           Elder

Bird

Thompson    Hourihane

Wilson                TJJ                     NML

(Wildsmith, Smith, Bradley, Sibley, Robinson, Barkhuizen, Collins)

Not keen on Ward at RB against stronger sides but prefer to see Wilson further forward. Thompson is excellent imo and we need an extra man centrally anyway. Lets see what TJJ can do as the #9. 

3 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Vickers

Ward          Nelson      Cashin           Elder

Bird

Thompson    Hourihane

Wilson                TJJ                     NML

(Wildsmith, Smith, Bradley, Sibley, Robinson, Barkhuizen, Collins)

Not keen on Ward at RB against stronger sides but prefer to see Wilson further forward. Thompson is excellent imo and we need an extra man centrally anyway. Lets see what TJJ can do as the #9. 

Same formation but Collo’s starts for TJJ