Derby vs Fleetwood Town

B4’s Sister

7 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The danger with that is believing we're better than we actually are before facing a harsh reality check.

I just don't think that reality check is likely to happen (for any sustained period of games) while we're in League One!

If I'm a 3 and there is a 9 at the bar wanting to wine and dine me, you better believe I'm going to enjoy and live the moment 

7 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

No. That way leads to us being back in this league 12 months after leaving it.

Completely disagree. If, by some miracle, we went up this year, we have most of a team out of contract and will be able to replace from a much better pool of players available to us.

You don’t refuse promotion over some notion you aren’t “ready”. You get up by any means necessary and stay there by the same methods. 

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Completely disagree. If, by some miracle, we went up this year, we have most of a team out of contract and will be able to replace from a much better pool of players available to us.

If DC is willing to splash the cash.  And if Warne (assuming he is still around) can source the right players. Two quite big ‘ifs’ 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

You don’t refuse promotion over some notion you aren’t “ready”. You get up by any means necessary and stay there by the same methods. 

Exactly this.

For example, when we got promoted, it wasn't the being promoted that was the problem, it was the everything else.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Yes. You go up when you go up. Why anyone would want another season in this god forsaken league on some worry we might not be ready os mad. We'd go up with a reasonably clear slate player wise with, let's face it, as good a budget as half the teams in the championship.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Exactly this.

For example, when we got promoted, it wasn't the being promoted that was the problem, it was the everything else.

Yup, and I know it’s the Premier League here but the newly promoted sides average over 11 new signings upon promotion. It’s common. 

We ought to be delighted with a 3 - 0 win, but “ho hum probably sums it up better. It is a great result, and we were considerably the better team. We should have been out of sight by half time, but despite RD blathering on about us only being one goal ahead, Fleetwood didn’t really threaten, even including Marriott’s miss.

However, especially second half we took our foot off the gas, with hardly anyone being bothered to get forward and into the box when we attacked, so pretty much nothing happened for  much of the second half.

Collins got MOM because that’s how it works, although I would have rather it went to Wilson because he was superb tonight, slightly ahead of Bird. He just about got the better of his full back, but got in loads of tackles, interceptions and broke up loads of Fleetwood’s play, and covered virtually the entire pitch. Well done that lad! He is probably our best ball player, although what JJ might have is yet to be seen. Ward is quite an asset as well, and NMH had quite an impact as well.

The noticeable improvement in recent matches has coincided with us playing more football on the grass, which might be because of certain players becoming available after injury, or because Paul Warne sussed why the fans were angry a few matches ago. It is probably a bit of both, but long may the improvement continue. 

My main concern is that we manage to keep hold of John Jules, who looks like type if the striker we haven’t had for years. If we do, we are on for something good.

Edited by DavesaRam

1 hour ago, CongletonRam said:

That is class.

You argue against my point, yet the xg suggests 2-1.

Yoiu couldn't make it up!!

Unlike you I’m not an XG disciple. I watched the game live and the previous post was my opinion on the full time result. That’s what this forum is about I suppose, different opinions. Remember XG is only 50-60 % reliable, I prefer my own eyes.

1 hour ago, CongletonRam said:

Probably because the manager who is able to monitor them in training day in day out and get regular reports on their progress doesn't think they're quite ready.

Why beat the manager for this? Do you know something he doesn't?

I don't think you should read into my post anything about 'beating' the manager. Despite some legitimate concerns, I've been broadly supportive of Warne and confident that things are clicking into place.

I like to see our young players given opportunities to get on the pitch. The little I have seen of Weston and Fapatu in particular would suggest that they're ready in the right conditions.

You know, like a game where there isn't much at stake and we've gone 2 - 0 up with 15 mins to go and a high probability of victory. How else are they going to learn and develop?

Bizarre match as we had match on tv but had no sound which was about 30 secs behind on my laptop. But another 3-0 was nice. Hope TJJ can stay fit. He and PW looked as if they had good rapport after that late winner last home league match so hope we can keep.  Thanks Jack for missing a sitter and Forest U21s out so we avoid that hassle. Just wish kick-off times for these could be later

On 01/12/2023 at 21:56, europia said:

Difficult to raise any enthusiasm for this rather meaningless event. Wonder if the gate receipts would even cover the cost of switching the floodlights on ??

Just got back from the game and it looked like a record low for a P P game , but it was cold. We certainly warmed the hands of that kid in goal for Fleetwood . But I have been to all 4 Papa games . Do I get a free ticket to Wemberly if we get there?

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Who said anything about refusing promotion? I'm just saying we need to understand the main reasons for our current run of success or else it won't count for a great deal in the long run, much like last season's golden spell didn't 

If by some miracle we went up? LMAO. It would hardly take a miracle or anything even close to that. 

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Unlike you I’m not an XG disciple. I watched the game live and the previous post was my opinion on the full time result. That’s what this forum is about I suppose, different opinions. Remember XG is only 50-60 % reliable, I prefer my own eyes.

We score 3 and them zero and someone uses XG to suggest it should be 2-1.

I should be surprised, but looking at this thread it appears that some will throw anything at PW to try to prove a point, not putting youngsters on, easy teams, will get found out when promoted....so tedious, enjoy the win, your day will come, I'm sure we will lose at some point 😏