Derby vs Fleetwood Town

B4’s Sister

7 hours ago, McArthur Park said:

Comparing a player to a donkey seems pretty rude to me!

That would me too! Must have missed that one! Is that what that meme of the two animals meant with one walking backwards? 

perfectly acceptable for that to be challenged but not necessarily the rest of the comments 

Edited by norwichram

9 hours ago, California Ram. said:

On the positive - think your TV sound is working fine. The silence may be due to the Covid era type atmosphere. 

I'm getting unreasonably excited - if we have two trips to Wembley in one season, surely we'll win one...

A little unfair on the few that attended. I don’t know if they were standing/sitting near the microphone but I thought they made a commendable attempt to create and maintain an atmosphere. Heck, I even heard the bounce at least once which must have looked a little bizarre.

I’m afraid I still think that Collins, whilst a great team player, isn’t the natural goal scorer we need to elevate us.

However, he has been in need of a partner who can score goals and who has more guile.

If TJJ can stay fit then we might be a force to be reckoned with, especially with the support of Wilson and NML.

I really can’t see a place for Hourihane in our best XI because we’ll need Fornah’s energy to protect the back four and keep the flow forwards.

Not getting carried away by wins against lower opposition but it’s much better than a month ago.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A little unfair on the few that attended. I don’t know if they were standing/sitting near the microphone but I thought they made a commendable attempt to create and maintain an atmosphere. Heck, I even heard the bounce at least once which must have looked a little bizarre.

No, camera on the West Stand where it usually is so there was nothing our side to pick up the atmosphere.

I knew there would be people on here moaning about it from the comfort of their armchairs and I was right. 

But having read the rest of the matchday thread I couldn't even be bothered to add any thoughts on the game, which I was at and enjoyed.

It's getting harder to make any effort to post given the relentless chugging away of some. It's like feeding trolls.

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Bradley, Collins and Wilson my stand outs. Especially pleased with the first two and as @angieram mentioned previously, Wilson becoming a very firm favourite. Good lad! Enjoyed it with an almost surreal atmosphere. Winning is a habit whatever the competition. Well done to the whole squad and management. 

He's entertaining, isn't he? Every time he gets the ball, you can hear the buzz from the crowd, same with Mendez-Laing. Every club needs these sort of players, and they thrive on the encouragement. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

No, camera on the West Stand where it usually is so there was nothing our side to pick up the atmosphere.

I knew there would be people on here moaning about it from the comfort of their armchairs and I was right. 

But having read the rest of the matchday thread I couldn't even be bothered to add any thoughts on the game, which I was at and enjoyed.

It's getting harder to make any effort to post given the relentless chugging away of some. It's like feeding trolls.

Absolutely. Those who stay at home have no right, in my mind, to criticise the lack of atmosphere/ support.

Also, criticism of the team, manager or individual players, should always be constructive.

Surely we should all hope they do well, rather than being poised at the keyboard for every individual mistake?

Collins isn’t Ian Rush, but he tries damned hard. Bradley has had a nightmare start but is starting to look better.

Warne got too grumpy and defensive in the face of criticism and I think that’s affected the team in the past but players are back from injury and a team is emerging and PW deserves great credit for his perseverance.

If we can’t enjoy the current run then what’s the point of being a ‘fan’?

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

dont-say-that-shut-up.gif

You've already identified the fact that they're trolls.  That's the hard bit done.

Ignore them.  Laugh it off.  Raise your eyes and move on.  There's plenty of decent posters/posts to make it all worthwhile.

Let's hear no more of this downbeat kerfaffle!  This is not the @angieram we have grown to love!

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just got back from the game and it looked like a record low for a P P game , but it was cold. We certainly warmed the hands of that kid in goal for Fleetwood . But I have been to all 4 Papa games . Do I get a free ticket to Wemberly if we get there?

No    Stop creeping

For those who care about this cup or love a good cup draw it's on Friday on Sky Sports News at 6.30

It's still a North/South split so we could get:

Blackpool

Doncaster

Bradford

Accrington/Lincoln

Bolton

Burton

Wigan/Stockport

Matches played around week commencing Jan 4th

Who do we want then? 

It will be interesting to see if teams fully put out their best XI from now on let's say if we draw Bolton or Blackpool

Watched the goals back this morning, it’s good to see the variety of set piece takers increasing our attacking threat. Although he completely got his targeting wrong, Hourihane being on the edge of the box to take on that long shot that Collins turned home is where he should be from time to time. With Waghorn/Ward/NML/Sibley all capable of putting in corners and free kicks, and Hourihane’s recent delivery being a bit questionable to me, I’d like to see more of that set up when he’s in the side. Gives the defence another threat to think about and as we saw last night can lead to goals.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

It was a cold watch but a good game with good goals and good individual performances all round. And well done to the 100 or so that did their very best to create an atmosphere. 
It was interesting seeing the safe standing barriers in place. There looks to be new vertical barriers that run down the terrace as well as the horizontal/seat level ones. DC developments are certainly investing in the ground after some period of non investment. It’ll be interesting to see where they go next. 

16 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

For those who care about this cup or love a good cup draw it's on Friday on Sky Sports News at 6.30

It's still a North/South split so we could get:

Blackpool

Doncaster

Bradford

Accrington/Lincoln

Bolton

Burton

Wigan/Stockport

Matches played around week commencing Jan 4th

Who do we want then? 

It will be interesting to see if teams fully put out their best XI from now on let's say if we draw Bolton or Blackpool

It’s week commencing January 8th.