Derby vs Fleetwood Town

B4’s Sister

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s week commencing January 8th.

Blame Trevor Birch for that! 😂 I found the info off the EFL site https://www.efl.com/news/2023/december/05/bristol-street-motors-trophy-round-of-16-draw/ 

From what it looks like if we go on to win the entire thing the club accumulates £260k in winnings + I guess half the Wembley gate receipts

10 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It says the next round is the week commencing the 4th of January but that is a Thursday.

We are at home to Peterborough on the 1st of January and away to Fleetwood on the 6th .

Yeah I noticed that on the EFL website last night too - concrete proof that they haven't got a clue what day it is 😂 🤔

Edited by Ilkestonian

43 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

For those who care about this cup or love a good cup draw it's on Friday on Sky Sports News at 6.30

It's still a North/South split so we could get:

Blackpool

Doncaster

Bradford

Accrington/Lincoln

Bolton

Burton

Wigan/Stockport

Matches played around week commencing Jan 4th

Who do we want then? 

It will be interesting to see if teams fully put out their best XI from now on let's say if we draw Bolton or Blackpool

Doncaster or Bradford, please, preferably at home. 

25 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Blame Trevor Birch for that! 😂 I found the info off the EFL site https://www.efl.com/news/2023/december/05/bristol-street-motors-trophy-round-of-16-draw/ 

From what it looks like if we go on to win the entire thing the club accumulates £260k in winnings + I guess half the Wembley gate receipts

Plus tv revenue.

7 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Watch it with the rest of us armchair supporters

one of us GIF

To take your jovial comment semi seriously,  as I get older I start thinking about the moment when I will be unable to watch us live any more - I live 80 or so miles away and have to drive to be able to get back home after a midweek or late kick off game. So while I can I still like to go. Telly ain’t the same however good ramstv may be. 
But oh boy do I wish the highways agency would not screw up both north/south routes at the same time and same area. They’re the sky tv of roadworks with their ignorance of travelling football fans. 

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Unfortunately a lot of Rams fans have dug themselves into a hole over the Papa Jon’s cup run, by their  non attendance/ criticisms. Massive amounts of “Humble pie” will have to be eaten as they stand in the Q for Wembley tickets . 

With circa 40k fans wanting tickets and at Wembley...I have better things to do 😁

image.thumb.png.fc80cf577d1fc6dc5964fa74e1676dd2.png

Edited by The Last Post

1,981 official attendance for last night

£20,000 participation fee.

£10,000 per victory in the group stage.

£20,000 round of 32 victory.

Round of 16 victory £40,000

Quarters £50,000

£20,000 semi final tv money guaranteed by Sky.

£50,000 runners up and £100,000 to the winners.

so far we’ve racked up £70,000 from this competition.

Over £300,000 plus add ons if we win this……………..every little helps. 👍🐏

24 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

1,981 official attendance for last night

£20,000 participation fee.

£10,000 per victory in the group stage.

£20,000 round of 32 victory.

Round of 16 victory £40,000

Quarters £50,000

£20,000 semi final tv money guaranteed by Sky.

£50,000 runners up and £100,000 to the winners. One

so far we’ve racked up £70,000 from this competition.

Over £300,000 plus add ons if we win this……………..every little helps. 👍🐏

You need to factor in how much it costs the club to put an evening game on.

It would be interesting to know if we are making any profit from this EFL trophy.

16 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Mate, folk aren't really wanting explanations because their minds are already made up and frankly, if folk can't see a use for statistical analysis in sports, then you're wasting your time trying to explain it. 

I’m not a big fan of many stats but over a long period this is a good one eg for telling you how sharp you are in front of goal. ( Thought Collins looked pretty crisp in front of goal vs Fleetwood )

38 minutes ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

You need to factor in how much it costs the club to put an evening game on.

It would be interesting to know if we are making any profit from this EFL trophy.

Early rounds are probably a net loss is my guess but potentially they break even or make a small profit from this point onwards? Only a guess though. I think if it was a significant loss making competition to be in you'd just see any sizable league 1 clubs decline to enter or not try at al all in it.

If it was a certain loss maker for the club I'm sure we'd have fielded as weaker team as possible and just crapped out of it at the first opportunity.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Radio Derby stated last night that there were 71 Fleetwood fans in attendance but we could only count about 30 maximum, anyone else have a count up.

There is a fleetwood youtuber who did a report on the game that said (I think) 27.  Perhaps the others bought tickets but didn’t travel 

5 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

To take your jovial comment semi seriously,  as I get older I start thinking about the moment when I will be unable to watch us live any more - I live 80 or so miles away and have to drive to be able to get back home after a midweek or late kick off game. So while I can I still like to go. Telly ain’t the same however good ramstv may be. 
But oh boy do I wish the highways agency would not screw up both north/south routes at the same time and same area. They’re the sky tv of roadworks with their ignorance of travelling football fans. 

For me, moving away from Derby, my family also moving away, the cost of trains on top of tickets etc just meant I can't afford to go anywhere near as much as I want to. And of the 4 people I used to go with, 3 have died, and the other lives even further away than me.

Luckily I have a very patient partner who is happy to go with me every now and then, as long as I pay. But sadly my days of having a season ticket are long over. Every time I go to a match I try and see who's sat in my seat. They best not be farting.