Cool the anti-Clowes rhetoric

i-Ram

I understand that when the football isn’t pretty, and the league position is dire, football fans will inevitably lash out. However, I am amazed that there are a good number on here tonight slating our owner. This is a staggering state of affairs even for our club, only some 15 months since he saved us.  Cool it down lads. 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I understand that when the football isn’t pretty, and the league position is dire, football fans will inevitably lash out. However, I am amazed that there are a good number on here tonight slating our owner. This is a staggering state of affairs even for our club, only some 15 months since he saved us.  Cool it down lads. 

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

DCFC = David Clowes Football Club 

Completely agree. This is not consistent with the total Support we all gave the team and club during administration. 
I’m Warne out and have been for most of this season. But I’d give David Clowes a big hug and say Thank you if i met him. 
please let’s be totally thankful still. What he did for us was historic. 

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Does that really amaze you? 

Not me.

Agree with your sentiments though.

Have a like on me.

52 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Perfectly said. Its unbelievable

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Tyler I really appreciate that. In fact I am now going to bed with a warm glow.

If that was sarcasm was lost on me.

If it was genuine then appreciate your comments.

Either way the sentiments still stand.

Glad I amused two people on here tonight. 

Will always be grateful for him saving the club, a true Derby legend. However, as others have said, he can’t get a free pass for this reason. 

He’s far more entitled to his opinion than I am but I’m baffled as to how his support for Warne is so strong.

i do get the annoyance and its not directed straight at DC ,he now though as to show us the supporters he is the main man and get rid of Warne for the clubs sake were going down like the Titanic.

No manager should be given a 4 year deal and that was on him in the first place and this as come back to bite him on the bum.

When you are travelling to Stevenage Cheltanham and Shrewsbury and not confident of a win then there is something seriously wrong at the club

9 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I would never criticise our owner. He saved us at the end of the day and no one should forget that.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with “reasonable” criticism. Stepping in when he did to save the club doesn’t give him permanent immunity. But I agree, some of the rhetoric has been over the top.

Looking back with the benefit of hindsight, he might be thinking relieving LR of his duties when he did was a bit hasty but, he did what he thought was the right thing to get us out of L1 and maybe an early appointment was essential to give us a decent crack at promotion last season.

Edited by Tamworthram

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Spot on, totally agree.

But could we have another Warne out thread today just in case  DC missed the other 20

You could always bring the pro-Warne thread up to the top. 

Clowes owns the club, he made the calls. It's all down to him. If he won't sack Warne he should come out and tell the disgruntled fans why Warne is the person to get us back up the leagues!

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

And lasses 😊

I think that David Clowes should get a free pass.

This is down to an opinion, not a factual decision or anything designed to circumvent the rules. If he is keeping the wolf from the door and he thinks that Warne is the man to take us forward then that is his perogative, as the only man to step forward and put his money where his mouth is.

Disagree with his opinion if you want, but he should not be criticised for backing his judgement.