Cool the anti-Clowes rhetoric

i-Ram

16 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Good to see a sensible post from @iRam after all these years. Only joking mate.

DC is one of us, he just happens to own the club. I really would like to know his thoughts on the performances and style of football though.

I’m with you on this one hintonsboots, and I would never criticise Clowes but with hindsight (which is a wonderful thing) I wonder if he would of gone down the same route again? I would hazard a guess at no!

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You could always bring the pro-Warne thread up to the top. 

Clowes owns the club, he made the calls. It's all down to him. If he won't sack Warne he should come out and tell the disgruntled fans why Warne is the person to get us back up the leagues!

Can’t find it. Is that in the Other Sport section?

some say we can’t afford to sack him, only DC knows. DC seems to be proper football man to me, he will know that coming out to speak will be be quickly seen as the dreaded vote of confidence and just add fuel to the fire, so best to keep it internal. I am good with that but make no mistake, the football is dire, the league is poor and with our squad we should do so much better. I have no doubt that DC can see this as well and he’s the man with the finger on the button.

The only criticism I have for DC is the 4 year deal that was utter madness! I’d have given him 2 years with an option of a third that would have kicked Warne up the ass to try and succeed.

Warne is quite happy to sit on those three extra years knowing if we sack him he is entitled to compensation for those years unless another team takes him on ( this is when the compensation reduces), from his recent record I can’t see many queuing up for his services.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I understand that when the football isn’t pretty, and the league position is dire, football fans will inevitably lash out. However, I am amazed that there are a good number on here tonight slating our owner. This is a staggering state of affairs even for our club, only some 15 months since he saved us.  Cool it down lads. 

Very well said.

Local man buys an ailing Derby restaurant, The Owner sets on the Manager, Manager sets on the Chef and his assistants, The waiting staff are interviewed and given jobs, From the 1st week the food is of sub standard, The waiting service is just as bad, People complain to the Manager who says he's doing the best he can with what he's been given.

Things get worse and the customers are starting to go elsewhere as they'd given the restaurant their best support, The Owner is upset as he's a very nice person with the restaurant/staff at heart, He doesn't want to dismiss his Manager as he believes in him, Customers are getting fewer and fewer.

Eventually the Owner sees some reviews on a website and is taken aback on how he's been portrayed by a lot of customers and the quality of food and service, He has a meeting with the Manager who tells him that this is what we agreed when you set me on, It'll cost you more money for me to get a better Chef and cooks, I'm not going to resign as my contract says I'm here for 2 years along with my team of cooks.

The next day the Manager and his team of cooks walk into work and notice this.

image.png.e437b865d892ef8c3c1ce952312180f9.png

2 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Local man buys an ailing Derby restaurant, The Owner sets on the Manager, Manager sets on the Chef and his assistants, The waiting staff are interviewed and given jobs, From the 1st week the food is of sub standard, The waiting service is just as bad, People complain to the Manager who says he's doing the best he can with what he's been given.

Things get worse and the customers are starting to go elsewhere as they'd given the restaurant their best support, The Owner is upset as he's a very nice person with the restaurant/staff at heart, He doesn't want to dismiss his Manager as he believes in him, Customers are getting fewer and fewer.

Eventually the Owner sees some reviews on a website and is taken aback on how he's been portrayed by a lot of customers and the quality of food and service, He has a meeting with the Manager who tells him that this is what we agreed when you set me on, It'll cost you more money for me to get a better Chef and cooks, I'm not going to resign as my contract says I'm here for 2 years along with my team of cooks.

I’ve used the favourite restaurant now serving dire food analogy as the reason why I am not going to games. Will wait until the food and ambiance improves 😊

Analysis / criticism of his (footballing) decisions is healthy and above board, and shouldn't be seen as criticism of the man himself.

I really don't think there's an anti-clowes rhetoric, just 2-3 posters yesterday who made very silly posts which crossed that line. 

You'll always get some idiots, and they were immediately called out on it, but the voices of a small number of people losing perspective does not a rhetoric make.

This isn't a Warne thread so won't expand beyond the next line, but most people can understand why he appealed to Clowes even if they didn't and don't agree with his appointment.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Agree with the sentiment but he can’t just be immune from any criticism because he bought us. It was his decision to chop Rosenior and bring in Warne after all. 

I agree. Criticism and an assessment of his decisions is fine. It might actually help him (should he ever want to venture on to a message board). I was calling out those who were slating him, with one poster even suggesting he should go (too). 

PW should never have been appointed in my view, but I can understand the logic of the decision. 15 months on it looks a poor decision, but who amongst us hasn’t made a few logical, but ultimately poor decisions in our lifetime.

I wonder if he is sitting at the breakfast table this morning wondering why he didn’t just retain his season ticket. I bet his Mrs is.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he won't sack Warne he should come out and tell the disgruntled fans why Warne is the person to get us back up the leagues!

Why does DC have to explain himself to you?  He runs DCFC professionally without the MM circus.  It appears for now he's decided to stick with Warne, he doesn't have to explain his rationale to you, I or any other fan!  Do you really think if he could not afford to sack Warne he would say it publicly as is being suggested?  Of course he wouldn't!

23 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

some say we can’t afford to sack him, only DC knows.

Exactly 100% on the money!

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If DC can't afford to end Warne's contract it's no better than Morris paying over the odds for ordinary players.

I agree, but, we do not know he can't afford to, his contract could still be paid over the length of it, not necessarily all in one go too!

Edited by RAM1966

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I agree. Criticism and an assessment of his decisions is fine. It might actually help him (should he ever want to venture on to a message board). I was calling out those who were slating him, with one poster even suggesting he should go (too). 

PW should never have been appointed in my view, but I can understand the logic of the decision. 15 months on it looks a poor decision, but who amongst us hasn’t made a few logical, but ultimately poor decisions in our lifetime.

I wonder if he is sitting at the breakfast table this morning wondering why he didn’t just retain his season ticket. I bet his Mrs is.

I’m hoping she’s packed his sandwich’s because he has a full day of interviews. 

18 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

A good analogy except for the fact we have learned how difficult it is to find a buyer for a football club especially if you want to recoup your investment. I don’t know about selling a restaurant. 😀

dc stepped up and saved derby county,thanks david,but what for?is it to get us back to better times,which i had hoped for,or is it just to exist in the lower leagues for the foreseeable future.if its the first reason warne needs to go asap,if warne stays its obviously the second reason,and the club and suport will dwindle away.my wish was for dc to get us back to the champ as soon as possible,ie.no later than may,and look for further investment for a push to the prem,but thats looking less likely by the day.if dc has any ambition for the club,he needs to push the button on warne now while we still have a sniff of promotion