Cool the anti-Clowes rhetoric

i-Ram

let’s be honest he doesn’t deserve vitrol

but it calms down when he makes the most inevitable decision he will have to make in his business career. For me it’s slightly worrying he doesn’t seem to be budging on the warne mistake

he won’t be able to just run the club badly because he saved us without criticism 

1 minute ago, TINMANTED said:

dc stepped up and saved derby county,thanks david,but what for?is it to get us back to better times,which i had hoped for,or is it just to exist in the lower leagues for the foreseeable future.if its the first reason warne needs to go asap,if warne stays its obviously the second reason,and the club and suport will dwindle away.my wish was for dc to get us back to the champ as soon as possible,ie.no later than may,and look for further investment for a push to the prem,but thats looking less likely by the day.if dc has any ambition for the club,he needs to push the button on warne now while we still have a sniff of promotion

He saved the club from going out of extinction.

Everything else is irrelevant unless you'd have preferred that to happen.

Or are you saying it was pointless of him saving the club if all that was going to happen subsequently was us to piddle around in the lower leagues for an indeterminate amount of time?

That's how your post reads to me but apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I think everything considered, we should think how lucky we are to have a great owner, who paid about £15 - 20m over the odds for the club.  Had he of not done so we would of ended up a pheonix club possibly with Mike Ashley at the helm.

We also need to realise this is a very different business model to running a construction company.  Many owners just chase the dream, look where that nearly got us.

DC is running the club with his head, not his heart, in a sustainable fashion, we are still only 5 points off the play-offs with games in hand, which maybe why he's keeping faith in Warne 'for now'.

Does Warnes appointment look a poor decision, particularly with the length if the contract, yes it does, o many fans 15 months ago raised this?

DC is a rookie owner and he's not going to get every decision right, his first big one, he's got wrong, he will reevaluate and work away through, rather than throw endless 💰 at this.

Just a thought, but, DC may have set milestones and a get out clause in Warnes contract, such as if we are X amount off points off the play-offs at Xmas he gets sacked no pay off or lesser pay off.

We just don't know, so let keep faith in DC, who will ensure we have a club to support rather than gambling everything in the reckless way MM did!

Edited by RAM1966

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Or are you saying it was pointless of him saving the club if all that was going to happen subsequently was us to piddle around in the lower leagues for an indeterminate amount of time?

That's how your post reads to me but apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

He is a hero and always will be but your post implies he could make mistake after mistake in his decision making without any criticism, apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick 😊

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Everybody knows he willingly saved the club, but are we supposed to just sit here and be miserable for its existence even though it was saved

most are voicing their opinion based on what’s best for DCFC. He saved it but doesn’t mean his decision making has been extremely poor

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

I think everything considered, we should think how lucky we are to have a great owner, who paid about £15 - 20m over the odds for the club.  Had he of not done so we would of ended up a pheonix club possibly with Mike Ashley at the helm.

We also need to realise this is a very different business model to running a construction company.  Many owners just chase the dream, look where that nearly got us.

DC is running the club in a sustainable fashion, we are still only 5 points off the play-offs with games in hand, which maybe why he's keeping faith in Warne 'for now'.

Does Warnes appointment look a poor decision, particularly with the length if tge conrract, yes it does, but, hiw many fans 15 months ago raised this?

DC is a rookie owner and he's not going to get every decision right, his first big one, he's got wrong, he will reevaluate and work away through, rather than throw endless 💰 at this.

Just a thought, but, DC may have set milestones and a get out clause in Warnes contract, such as if we are X amount off points off the play-offs at Xmas he gets sacked no pay off.

We just don't know, so let keep faith in DC, who will ensure we have a club to support rather than gambling everything in the reckless way MM did!

I did 😊

31 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Local man buys an ailing Derby restaurant, The Owner sets on the Manager, Manager sets on the Chef and his assistants, The waiting staff are interviewed and given jobs, From the 1st week the food is of sub standard, The waiting service is just as bad, People complain to the Manager who says he's doing the best he can with what he's been given.

Things get worse and the customers are starting to go elsewhere as they'd given the restaurant their best support, The Owner is upset as he's a very nice person with the restaurant/staff at heart, He doesn't want to dismiss his Manager as he believes in him, Customers are getting fewer and fewer.

Eventually the Owner sees some reviews on a website and is taken aback on how he's been portrayed by a lot of customers and the quality of food and service, He has a meeting with the Manager who tells him that this is what we agreed when you set me on, It'll cost you more money for me to get a better Chef and cooks, I'm not going to resign as my contract says I'm here for 2 years along with my team of cooks.

The next day the Manager and his team of cooks walk into work and notice this.

image.png.e437b865d892ef8c3c1ce952312180f9.png

Are you suggesting David Clowes may dessert us? I doubt anyone would table a bid at this present time.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He is a hero and always will be but your post implies he could make mistake after mistake in his decision making without any criticism, apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick 😊

Was just replying to the opening premise of why did DC save the club and unless this was meant as a rhetorical question then the answer is to save it from going out of extinction.

1 minute ago, alram said:

Everybody knows he willingly saved the club, but are we supposed to just sit here and be miserable for its existence even though it was saved

most are voicing their opinion based on what’s best for DCFC. He saved it but doesn’t mean his decision making has been extremely poor

I was replying to the OPs opening gambit of why did DC save the club.

Not going to debate how you should feel etc that's a totally different question. 

8 minutes ago, alram said:

One poor decision, he's a rookie owner, the appointment of managers is the most difficult decision the owner makes, its the most critical one too!

How many slated the appointment at the time, your not going to get a top rate manager at this level, its most unlikely...

Edited by RAM1966

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

did he save the club for the fans,or for it to be his play thing.

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Are you suggesting David Clowes may dessert us? I doubt anyone would table a bid at this present time.

No, That choice will be DCs and family, I doubt DC wakes up in the Morning with birds tweeting round his head with the sun blazing through his bedroom window, Being a fan/owner in times like this must be a millstone around his neck 🤷‍♂️, This fans forum is no different to a restaurant review, People giving their opinions, Some good, Some bad, Some indifferent, The only problem fans have...is...there's no other restaurant to go to.

I'd hazard a guess owning DCFC isn't the experience DC thought was going to happen, He's at the head of DCFC so people will have a pop at him when the house of cards start to wobble, The only thing that DC will take note of is...if crowds start to dwindle, You see football is a money game...ask Man City fans or maybe Reading fans, DCFC have a hard core of 20k ish who'll turn up without question, In all weathers, At what ever expense or even a fallout with family members, There's posters on here who's posts I've read in full support of DC/PW and have changed over the months...the latest is Curtains who with emotion said he's had enough of PW, But he'll be there Tuesday night with 24k others.

Being a fan/owner is the worst thing, If you carry on in the same vain you're to bloody stubborn, If you walk away you're a traitor, Hindsight is more than a wonderful thing...It's the be all and end all of life...   

I won’t criticise him - he saved us and then made decisions that he felt would make us stronger. I disagree with those decisions but I understand his rationale behind them and I also recognise he has every right to make those decisions considering the lengths he went to, to save us. 

I just don’t want criticism of Warne to be misconstrued as criticism of Clowes.

11 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

No, That choice will be DCs and family, I doubt DC wakes up in the Morning with birds tweeting round his head with the sun blazing through his bedroom window, Being a fan/owner in times like this must be a millstone around his neck 🤷‍♂️, This fans forum is no different to a restaurant review, People giving their opinions, Some good, Some bad, Some indifferent, The only problem fans have...is...there's no other restaurant to go to.

I'd hazard a guess owning DCFC isn't the experience DC thought was going to happen, He's at the head of DCFC so people will have a pop at him when the house of cards start to wobble, The only thing that DC will take note of is...if crowds start to dwindle, You see football is a money game...ask Man City fans or maybe Reading fans, DCFC have a hard core of 20k ish who'll turn up without question, In all weathers, At what ever expense or even a fallout with family members, There's posters on here who's posts I've read in full support of DC/PW and have changed over the months...the latest is Curtains who with emotion said he's had enough of PW, But he'll be there Tuesday night with 24k others.

Being a fan/owner is the worst thing, If you carry on in the same vain you're to bloody stubborn, If you walk away you're a traitor, Hindsight is more than a wonderful thing...It's the be all and end all of life...   

The problem now is if the fan base has turned on PW can he get it back.

If David Clowes sticks with PW he will need him to turn DCFC around very quickly judging from fan reactions. 
If say he sticks with PW and it doesn’t work out then where does that leave the club at the end of the season.

I feel sorry for David Clowes and I’m grateful to him for saving Derby County

David Clowes will hope PW can turn it around but after yesterday it’s going to be difficult.

Ill be there Tuesday hoping for better. 

Edited by Curtains

32 minutes ago, alram said:

let’s be honest he doesn’t deserve vitrol

but it calms down when he makes the most inevitable decision he will have to make in his business career. For me it’s slightly worrying he doesn’t seem to be budging on the warne mistake

he won’t be able to just run the club badly because he saved us without criticism 

I don’t know if we should be concerned or not. It’s a tricky one for him as he, no doubt, doesn’t want to appear trigger happy (we’ve been there, done that) but he will probably want to be seen as decisive when necessary.

Given the “almost” season we had in his first year DC was probably never going to sack PW last season. This time, he’s probably as disappointed as we are with the lack of improvement but we’re not completely adrift of the play offs just yet. Does he twist or quit? 

I wouldn’t say he’s “not budging on the Warne mistake” yet. For all we know he might be ready to sack him once he’s figured out who would step in as caretaker? He might be ready to sack him once he’s sorted out the likely financial impact. He might have a specific triggers in mind for example, more than x points outside the play offs at y point in the season. He might even be thinking we need to be firmly in the play off positions, as a minimum, in year three for all we know.

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The problem now is if the fan base has turned on PW can he get it back.

If David Clowes sticks with PW he will need him to turn DCFC around very quickly judging from fan reactions. 
If say he sticks with PW and it doesn’t work out then where does that leave the club at the end of the season.

You go to all the games Curtain...I look from afar...this board is the closest I get to PP so can only gauge my opinion from here, I'll say again there's good posters on here that no what they are talking about and it's those I take note of, You on the other hand have waved the flag in support of both DC and PW I understand that...it's in your blood, And if you turn against your club it's a case of waving the white flag...as now the head is ruling the heart not the other way around.

You can only plug so many holes in a sinking ship, PWs post match comments have damaged him...imo, Once you lay blame on the players it takes some trust to get it back.

As for that last bit in bold, It leaves us with a manager that has failed...again, It leaves us with a manager that will lose some 10 players and he'll be bringing in players that haven't a soft underbelly, Players that can run, Players that are built like brick sh!thouses, Not something that would make me pay to go to PP. So would a clean sweep help now? that's down to DC, I have an opinion but not watching DCFC would only make my opinion a little false.

I hope you leave PP on Tuesday with a smile on your face 👍

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

Why does DC have to explain himself to you?  He runs DCFC professionally without the MM circus.  It appears for now he's decided to stick with Warne, he doesn't have to explain his rationale to you, I or any other fan!  Do you really think if he could not afford to sack Warne he would say it publicly as is being suggested?  Of course he wouldn't!

Exactly 100% on the money!

I agree, but, we do not know he can't afford to, his contract could still be paid over the length of it, not necessarily all in one go too!

The use of IF was the point. And why shouldn't Clowes explain himself to the fans and me?