Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative for once but DC I imagine recruited PW on his track record of 3 promotions from this division.

I also hear that PW wasn't DC preferred candidate but we couldn't afford to release the Bolton manager from his contract. 

Anyway given all of that what guarantee will we have that the same person making the same decision will get a better or worse manager in then PW. 

I’d be concerned if we get a worse manager in. We could of course appoint someone who replicated Warne’s results pattern but at least they’d have an excuse such as not their squad etc.

6 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

10 or 20?? It was that number 3 weeks ago. Luckily now it’s X4 that at least. 

Don’t stop chanting for Warne out until you’re worn out. I think there’s a chant in there somewhere ready for Tuesday night. 

I'll stick to supporting the team.

But keep up your excellent work.

47 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

And you’ve posted whingeing about people whinging about Warne. You’re just as boring as us. 

That's the problem isn't it.

The person whom the accusation was made at actually had an ounce of humility and admitted that they have been guilty of creating series of posts all critical of Warne. 

That should have been the end of that but then you unnecessarily then added your tuppenthworth. 

And I imagine you'll be the first moaning about this situation on here but you've just proved that actually you do nothing to help it yourself. 

Anyway sermon over which is why I'm more interested in debating what DC has in mind for PW or otherwise.

We have what we have with PW it seems so no amount of repeated moaning is going to alter that situation. Only DC now it seems can. That's far more constructive for me.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll stick to supporting the team.

But keep up your excellent work.

And if this carries on, how long do you plan on supporting the team/manager? Another 3 years?? Can you honestly see this changing? 

Let’s not just settle for being in existence. As @CBRammette   Said earlier, walking to games isn’t enjoyable anymore. Waking up on a Saturday morning should be fun and looking forward to the game. 

13 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

And if this carries on, how long do you plan on supporting the team/manager? Another 3 years?? Can you honestly see this changing? 

Let’s not just settle for being in existence. As @CBRammette   Said earlier, walking to games isn’t enjoyable anymore. Waking up on a Saturday morning should be fun and looking forward to the game. 

Its the 2 1/2 hours in the car either side of the walk that is the issue!!

11 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It will carry on just the same as it has for the last 40 years, regardless of division or results.

We've had many ups and downs during that period and I assume we will continue to have in the future.

I've just started taking my kids and I'm actually quite happy they are starting out watching us in the third tier (as I did) as in my opinion it makes you enjoy the highs, which will inevitably come in time, even more.

Its sad to see how quickly fans have turned on Warne and it appears are starting to turn on Clowes. I certainly wouldn't want them lot in the trenches with me.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Anyway given all of that what guarantee will we have that the same person making the same decision will get a better or worse manager in then PW. 

David Clowes is his own man and who knows how he sees things personally, or how he and those making decisions with him/offering counsel see it. But I think what you say here must be a key consideration - what's the point in paying off the management team unless you can be reasonably sure of an improvement and/or you can minimise the gamble with the new guy (e.g. short-term deal for Colin where he's happy with the incentives to get the current team promoted this season, option to extend the deal based on hitting targets, etc.)

The one thing that could force the issue is where Clowes' toxicity threshold is crossed. Maybe it has to go much higher before he thinks "enough is enough; this is extremely counter-productive" (louder, longer protests, and significantly declining attendances etc.)

Surely every owner wants the manager to succeed, but I wonder if Clowes is even more invested in Warne's success: his first appointment, long-term deal, apparently likes his "culture"-building...

I'm interested in Clowes' character in relation to the toxicity. If things carry on along this trajectory, will he make a statement? (the "vote of confidence" or something similar). Is he surprised at it? Is he surprised at the football we're playing? Where are we in relation to his expectations over the length of Warne's 4-year contract? 

(I'm not saying Clowes should tell us the answers to all of this - it's his right not to, although in some respects diplomacy could affect things for the better)

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It will carry on just the same as it has for the last 40 years, regardless of division or results.

We've had many ups and downs during that period and I assume we will continue to have in the future.

I've just started taking my kids and I'm actually quite happy they are starting out watching us in the third tier (as I did) as in my opinion it makes you enjoy the highs, which will inevitably come in time, even more.

Its sad to see how quickly fans have turned on Warne and it appears are starting to turn on Clowes. I certainly wouldn't want them lot in the trenches with me.

And I’d be thinking that way too if my kids were just starting out watching Derby. You don’t want to put them off before getting started. 

My feelings towards Warne aren’t just first team, it’s the academy too and I know he’s just not interested. He’s bringing the whole club to its knees. That might sound melodramatic but it really isn’t. 

It’s a shambles at the moment, I’ve stopped going as sadly lesson planning for my students is  a more enthusiastic task then entering pride park at the moment. we are a joke at the moment and I can’t see much exciting happening, the results are inconsistent, the atmosphere at pride park is dead and the relationship between the fans and the club is slowly cracking. At the end of the day he has a four year deal. If I was Clowes I’d really be considering his position because it’s not just a blasé decision of replace the manager , I can see the attendances dropping off especially now a lot of the rearranged fixtures are midweek. Personally I’d give him 10-15 games to sort it out if we are 10 points of the playoffs he’s gone 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Theres certainly more now but it still tends to be the same 10 or 20 posters posting the same thing over and over and over again...

I get that the OTT negative attention seeking style  posts are extremely grating but what is it you're expecting people to do?

Make their views known once, and once only, in a single post covering every angle and nuance of the situation in depth and then stop engaging with the discussion?

Post their view that they want Warne out, and then never express an opinion on him again until he leaves the club?

Not respond to other posters quoting them and countering their view? Or those criticising them for having / repeating that view?

(Not that anyone ever really puts forward a proper case against what they're saying, just accuses them of short terminism, looking like idiots, making the board unreadable, undermining Clowes by association etc - anything to deflect the attention away from discussing the manager's performance)

How many poor performances and matches between posts criticising Warne should people be leaving it?

Should they not comment with their frustrations after yet another poor performance is produced as a result of the problems they see with his management?

We've just had an international break and whilst the discussion carried on for a while after our last game in the last week or so there's not been much of anything to talk about with regard to Warne - the conversation changed to the quality of the squad.

The last week hasn't been full of posts criticising Warne, it's not people waking up in the morning and thinking "hmmm, I know what I'll do, I'll go on DCFC Fans just so I can have a pop at Paul Warne". It had died down, possibly with the help of the temporary self removal of one of the agitators in chief but probably just because there wasn't any football to discuss.

Like it or not, the (under)performance of Paul Warne is the most pertinent point of discussion at present when it comes to talking about Derby County, which is what (most of us) are here to do. The multitude of samey topics is very annoying but they exist for that reason.

People aren't 'starting to turn' on David Clowes' just because they're think he's made a mistake with this appointment. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

That does seem to be the latest tactic to try to discredit anyone who's a Warne Outer though, and surprise surprise look at who spent all morning leading the charge in their attempts to steer the conversation that way.

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I get that the OTT negative attention seeking style  posts are extremely grating but what is it you're expecting people to do?

Make their views known once, and once only, in a single post covering every angle and nuance of the situation in depth and then stop engaging with the discussion?

Post their view that they want Warne out, and then never express an opinion on him again until he leaves the club?

Not respond to other posters quoting them and countering their view? Or those criticism them for having that view?

(Not that anyone ever really puts forward a proper case against what they're saying, just accuses them of short terminism, looking like idiots, making the board unreadable, undermining Clowes by association etc - anything to deflect the attention away from discussing the manager's performance)

How many poor performances and matches between posts criticising Warne should people be leaving it?

Should they not comment with their frustrations after yet another poor performance is produced as a result of the problems they see with his management?

We've just had an international break and whilst the discussion carried on for a while after our last game in the last week or so there's not been much of anything to talk about.

The last week hasn't been full of posts criticising Warne, it's not people waking up in the morning and thinking "hmmm, I know what I'll do, I'll go on DCFC Fans just so I can have a pop at Paul Warne". It had died down, possibly with the help of the temporary self removal of one of the agitators in chief but probably just because there wasn't any football to discuss.

Like it or not, the (under)performance of Paul Warne is the most pertinent point of discussion at present when it comes to talking about Derby County, which is what (most of us) are here to do.

People aren't 'starting to turn' on David Clowes' just because they're think he's made a mistake with this appointment. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

That does seem to be the latest tactic to try to discredit anyone who's a Warne Outer though, and surprise surprise look at who spent all morning leading the charge in their attempts to direct the conversation that way.

Maybe I'm just in a minority but I don't understand the point of being on a thread making the same Warne out post over and over.

I've no idea what your last paragraph is about.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's the problem isn't it.

The person whom the accusation was made at actually had an ounce of humility and admitted that they have been guilty of creating series of posts all critical of Warne. 

That should have been the end of that but then you unnecessarily then added your tuppenthworth. 

And I imagine you'll be the first moaning about this situation on here but you've just proved that actually you do nothing to help it yourself. 

Anyway sermon over which is why I'm more interested in debating what DC has in mind for PW or otherwise.

We have what we have with PW it seems so no amount of repeated moaning is going to alter that situation. Only DC now it seems can. That's far more constructive for me.

And you’ve just added your opinion. 

you’ll notice I won’t burst into tears because that’s literally the role of a forum… 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe I'm just in a minority but I don't understand the point of being on a thread making the same Warne out post over and over.

I've no idea what your last paragraph is about.

1. It's how conversations work. It's not one sided diatribes being posted out of thin air and without some sort of trigger. Without the trigger the posts don't get made.

2. That's OK, it wasn't about you. Although you did contribute to the silly notion that people are actually turning against Clowes.

Edited by Kokosnuss

We all remember that feel good factor of what the right appointment at the right time brings like when Mac took over 

it doesn’t happen often but when it does it feels amazing this can still happen again with a change but stagnating in this division (a weaker division than last season I may add )with the same manager I think will end with attendances dropping …I already think the atmosphere is not great at home this season …that needs to change 

44 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

It’s a shambles at the moment, I’ve stopped going as sadly lesson planning for my students is  a more enthusiastic task then entering pride park at the moment. we are a joke at the moment and I can’t see much exciting happening, the results are inconsistent, the atmosphere at pride park is dead and the relationship between the fans and the club is slowly cracking. At the end of the day he has a four year deal. If I was Clowes I’d really be considering his position because it’s not just a blasé decision of replace the manager , I can see the attendances dropping off especially now a lot of the rearranged fixtures are midweek. Personally I’d give him 10-15 games to sort it out if we are 10 points of the playoffs he’s gone 

Paragraphs??

10 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

1. It's how conversations work. It's not one sided diatribes being posted out of thin air and without some sort of trigger. Without the trigger the posts don't get made.

2. That's OK, it wasn't about you. Although you did contribute to the silly notion that people are actually turning against Clowes.

1. You must have some pretty boring conversations if you just make the same point every 5 sentences.

2. I've seen posts both on here and Facebook where people are suggesting Clowes should sell up if he can't afford to sack Warne.

Out!!!    I've said it for months so it's not a knee jerk reaction. He's very very likable as a person but this club is too big for him I'm afraid. Yes we are in league 1 for a second straight season so we are where we are but at this level , I don't think there is a massive difference in player ability, just the ability to motivate and manage (yes he's done it with Rotherham so go figure) but he doesn't seem to be able to motivate our club.  If by some miracle we do get promoted with warne then judging by his previous attempts at managing at championship level , we will go straight back down ...... NOT THAT LONG AGO WE ALL BITCHED ABOUT MANAGERS THAT COULDN'T GET US TO THE PREMIERSHIP..... we can't accept a manager that looks like he can't get us out of this division

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1. You must have some pretty boring conversations if you just make the same point every 5 sentences.

2. I've seen posts both on here and Facebook where people are suggesting Clowes should sell up if he can't afford to sack Warne.

In real life you don't have boring sods picking at you every 5 minutes and trying to create arguments.

Facebook has no relevance here. This forum is its own community and when referring to what people are saying, it's generally assumed you're referencing fellow forum posters, not some.randoner who isn't part of the community.

Nobody here has said he should sell up afaik, only that he might consider it if we end up stuck in this league much longer and it becomes something he can't justify the expenditure on.

Edited by Kokosnuss